Pictures

Under One Roof

Pictures



   Click Click

 The shutter of the Camera rang twice through the morning of a peaceful park. The poignant opera music flowed in the distance, and the sun was shining warmer than ever. He placed the camera down and took a seat on the bench, watching the ducks swim in a single line. with his camera in his hand once more, Kim Myungsoo captured shots. On his leisure time, he would capture whatever came to mind. He had alot of things on his mind, and photography was the only thing that could clear his mind.

 Three years in Italy to fulfill his Professional career as a photographer. 

Accepted at Florence High school of Arts, it was the top elite secondary education available in Italy for the talented. He had everything. the support, the money, the skill, and the popularity. But he still was not happy. 

 "Ciao" 

An attractive Blonde lady greeted and blew him a flirtatious kiss as she slid away with her rollerblades on her feet. Italy was the real dream for many photographers- not just for academic reasons. But even in a country full of beautiful women, his heart still remained stable for one person. He rose from his spot and hung his camera strap around his neck, making his way toward school. 

 The streets of Florence, Italy was always crowded.

Like his father, it was something he loathed but had to endure. The morning sun shined down on his hair, exaggerating the color of his chocolate brown hair. he fixed his school uniform neatly and walked through the numerous people, all busy to get to their workplaces and their school. He passed the numerous Cafes, stopping at his favorite. it was Cafe Ciao, the only Cafe around here that was run by Koreans.

 "Noona, One Americano." Myungsoo ordered indifferently as he took a seat on the stools. He had a close relation to HyeJi, the Korean part time worker who studied Opera at the University of Florence. She was particularly beautiful amongst the many Korean students who lived in Italy. But that was not the reason why Myungsoo had a close relation to her, it reached way back. 

 "If you keep on drinking coffee you won't grow taller Kim Myungsoo." she scolded him lightly as she looked back at him while making the coffee. "Height is the least of my worries right now." he murmured quietly. She placed the coffee on the counter and Myungsoo grabbed it swiftly in his hand. she took his money and printed out the receit. "When's your flight?" She asked in a sympathetic tone. 

 "Next Week." he replied, grinning. HyeJi could see the undesired trip he had to make back to Korea. She was the only one who could see through his unhappiness, and that was the reason why Myungsoo was able to lean on her. "Alot of things would have changed.." he nodded, quietly defeating himself. HyeJi sighed and walked to the pantry, returning with a fresh pack of chocolate chip cookies. She forced his hand open and placed them in his hand. 

 "You'll be late. Hurry up and go. If you need to talk, just stop by after school." She ruffled his hair and pushed him out, watching him until he disappeared through the school gate, which was right opposite the cafe. 

In a week's time, there would be no more HyeJi and her free heartfelt cookies, but there would be his father, and there would be Suzy.

 

 

---

Seoul, Korea

"Lee Jieun." Chanyeol called in mockery as he trailed behind her. He watched her as she struggled to drag her heavy suitcase up the stairs, puffing for breath each five steps. he only sniggered, watching her suffer. "You know you could help me." Jieun rolled his eyes. Chanyeol was about to rebut, until he saw his Father eyeing him from below he surrendered and carried her suitcase upto the second floor. 

 He panted for breath and kicked the suitcase with his foot.

'What the hell do you have in there?!" Chanyeol screeched, wiping the sweat off his forehead. Jieun scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I'm not like those girls in Korean Dramas with such small loads of posession in their suitcases young man. My every single posession, E-Very single posession is in here." She pat her suitcase twice and looked around the second floor. There was a contemporary atrium that made the base of the second floor and on either sides of the atrium were corridors that led to a series of rooms that were personal family rooms and also leisure activity spaces.

"Where's my room?" Jieun asked casually.

"East Corridor, far right." Chanyeol told her unwilllingly. without thanking him, she dragged her suitcase and headed to the east corridor, and into her room. "What a lousy person.. she'll never get a boyfriend.." he muttered as he slammed the door of his own room, right next to hers.

 "Dang.. Why is the room so big for a single person..?" Jieun looked around her room  in amazement. She had never seen anything like it, except for in movies and the drama Boys over flowers. she placed her suitcase aside and looked around the spacious space that would be all for her to use. She walked out the balcony and screamed in joy as she watched the beautiful view of the Seoul city among the sequoia looking trees. 

 "Let us sleep here, will you?" Chanyeol screamed as he knocked on the glass. There was another room right next to hers, linked by the balcony. Jieun stared through his room and glanced at all the baseball treasures displayed around his room, including a few trophies varying from size. "I guess he's not completely useless.." she thought to herself as she watched him lean against the bedboard, cleanly changed into his casual clothes. He slid a book out of the shelf and began reading it. 

 "Are you going to stand there forever?"  Chanyeol glared at her. 

"Oh i'm sorry." she smiled. "I was traumatized by your ugly face. I'll excuse you now." She waved and disappeared into her room. "That little.." Chanyeol made a fist but surrendered. Life at home was bad as it was already, and it was just going to get harder. He glanced at the clock, 8:48. He placed his book down and sat at his desk. He had so much homework to do, but nothing came to his mind except for baseball. 

 His desk was filled with little figurines of legendary Baseball players around the world, and a small family picture of his previous family. He glanced at the picture of his Father, Mother, Younger Sister and himself nine years ago. He was such a fragile little kid in the arms of his mother. At that time, he had no idea what terrible danger was going to hit him. He sighed and slammed the frame down.

 None of that mattered now. 

 

"Why are there so many useless rooms around here..?" Jieun changed into a fresh pair of trainers and roamed around the atrium, peeking into each of the corridors. Each Corridor had a different aroma, East being the most cheery one. She stared into the West Corridor, decorated with statues from the renaissance period and paintings of demure people hung around the opposite walls. 

 She noticed that each corridor had its own atmosphere.

 To her curiosity, she bit her lips and slowly made her way into the West corridor. She was starting to get a little creeped out, because it was so dark and ominous, with faded piano and violin music flowing through the air. the West Corridor was much longer than the East corridor, with extended corners and more rooms. The floor was marble and so were the walls, each with jewels studded in them. The corridor made a turn to the right, revealing grandiose doors that were much larger and were double doored. at the end of the corridor was a large double door- which was assumedly Mr.Kim and Mrs.Kim's bedroom. On the side, she noticed a unique door.

 It was wooden, and the doorknob was in the middle

 

"Is that Voldemort's room or something." Jieun joked lightly as she grabbed the door knob and opened the door. Unlike Chanyeol's room, there was a Window wall with the best view of the Seoul City out of the all the rooms in this house. The room smellt of Mint candies, somehow cold. The room was dimly lit, and had small steps that led to a small stage at the side of his room. Next to the bed was a large office desk, filled with many picture frames of beautiful pictures. 

Then she noticed.

She looked around the room, the entire wall was filled with picture frames, beautiful pictures of scenery and people, of the world. She looked around the room, walking upto the stage that was veiled with a thin white curtain. behind the curtain laid a display of all the types of Cameras that probably existed in this world. from size to the type, there was everything. on the side was a large shelf containing all the different sized camera lenses. 

 She stepped out, looking deeper into the room. the room was T- shaped, and had much to reveal. she walked over to the left corner, where all the lighting materials and photography tools laid, including a personal photography station with props. She walked to the right side of the T and was taken aback. the right side of the room was filled with with so many trophies and certificates that there was nearly no space to walk. 

"Why are the sons in this household so skillful.." her voice trembled.

 

In the midst of all the certificates on the wall, she noticed a small bulletin board on the side with pictures of Chanyeol and a boy with a camera around his neck tacked onto the board. they looked so at peace with each other and like true brothers. Jieun smiled lightly and walked out of the room.

"Why are you coming out of there?" 

Jieun was startled. "Jesus," she slipped to the floor seeing Chanyeol stand right before her. "You scared me.." The grin wiped off Chanyeol's face as he asked again, verbatim. 

"I..i was just... curious.."

"You should never go in there." he scolded.

"Why?" She stared at the doorknob in the middle. 

"I don't know who you are and why you're suddenly living in our house, but don't you know that the West Corridor is not prohibited except for family?" Chanyeol said annoyingly as he dragged her out, pushing her back into the East Corridor. "Why won't you tell me what that room is?" Jieun questioned. 

"It's my brother's room. Alright?" he replied, pissed off. 

"He won't know that i was in there, why are you getitng so fired up?" Jieun retorted. "It's not like i was entering the King's palace or anything, what is wrong with that? He'll never know.." 

Chanyeol sighed, staring at Jieun with resentment. Jieun shut , averting eyes with him awkwardly. he sighed and held his hand in the air, trying to say something but refraining. "Myungsoo doesn't like it when people go into his room."

"Myungsoo..? that's his name?"

"Yeah." An unwilling answer was what it took for Chanyeol to slam the door at Jieun's face. "That temper of his.." she muttered as she entered her room. she was going to need some time to get used to this large room, because her room was larger than the size of all the houses that she had lived in her life.  she settled down on the bed, staring at the crescent moon in the sky. 

 

'Dad.. " she whispered. "I'm safe now.. so please come back soon.." she yearned. 

 

Her eyelids shut, and she fell asleep under the moonlight.