New Years (II)

Under One Roof

New Years (II)


   "It's so cold, why did you even pull that stupid prank?" Yoon-hyung cringed, sipping his Caramel Macchiato as the three stared out the window. They retreated to a warm cafe and stared at the beautiful scenery. Jin-Yi stirred her drink with a straw and cupped her jaws into her right arm. She tucked her bobbed hair behind her right ear and smiled as if nothing had happened.

"It's better this way," she hummed lightly. "What was Mr.Kim thinking bring girl to the trip when she's not even family? she gets what she gets." She snorted and laughed in unison with Suzy who sat there like a spoilt rich brat. "Yoon-hyung," she asked pompously. "Don't you think so too?" He shrugged. He had to admit that he wasn't all that content about Jieun tagging along the trip, but he didn't think that the girls had to go this far. But it wasn't as if he had a say anyway.

 "Sure she's not family," he raised an eyebrow. "But you didn't have to go this far.. What is this on New years eve? Don't you want to spend New years with Chanyeol? what are you going to do if he finds Jieun right on New years time and they share this hot new years kiss-" "Shut up." Jin-yi hit his head and pushed his smart phone in his face. 

"A kiss? Chanyeol sharing a kiss with that uncouth girl?" Jin-yi sneered. "Please, Suzy would be offended for being compared with such a person." She scoffed and stared at Suzy who sat there quietly. 

"I don't mean to offend you Suzy," Yoon-hyung said as he flipped through his smart phone. "But i sort of noticed the way Chanyeol looks at Jieun, and if you don't make a move soon you're going to lose him to the uncouth girl ." He shrugged, exaggerating the girl. "Plus, weren't you and Myungsoo like the Romanticists? what happened to you two," he said indifferently.

"Myungsoo?" she paused with a wretched look on her face. "Why would you play with an old toy when you have a new one?" Suzy answered imprudently as if it was an obvious thing. Yoon-hyung stared at her wretchedly and cringed. "How many guys did you have when you were with him?" Yoon-hyung's voice was saturated from enthusiasm. "I don't know," she said indifferently as she stared at her fire red nails. "Can't be bothered to count." 

"Bae Suzy, you are a putrid person-" "Hey," Jin-yi stopped him. "Don't bring up the topic here." "Shut up, i have to say what needs to be said." he puffed and shot an electric glare at Suzy who sat there brazenly. Yoon-hyung couldn't believe how brazen she was, and she was not even a little bothered about this whole issue. He knew that nothing would get through her stubborn heart, but at least she could have pretended.

 "Do you remember the first day you met Myungsoo?" "Not exactly, no." she replied bluntly. more than what she did, her attitude was pissing him off. Because he knew Myungsoo and his pain, he could have never felt any more angrier than before. "Myungsoo wasn't always the cold, emotionless person. " "Don't blame me for his personality disability." she snorted and sipped her drink.

"When you guys first started dating, Myungsoo would come to me every single day upto the point it got frustrating, just to tell me everything about what he did with you. even the smallest gestures to the way you smile, and the way your hand felt when he held it without warning and how sweet your lips tasted when he kissed it." "Um," she frowned. "That's violating my personal privacy?"

"You knew at that time that Myungsoo was the most popular boy at his middle school because he excelled in Academics, sports, socialising and even had the good looks. but what was more appeasing was that he came from a rich family. I knew, at that time that your father's company was in trouble. you didn't date him because you liked him, you dated him for the money."

The docile smile swept off her face.

"So what? Isn't it human nature to be attracted to what you don't have? I thought, could the son of a billionnaire really not figure out that i was.. using him? but now none of that matters. Myungsoo's taking his road toward Photography, like that makes any money. Chanyeol is the one i really need, and i'm not going to stop until i get what i want." Yoon-hyung sighed in disbelief.

"Do you have any idea what you've done to him?"

"Why does it matter what i've done? I'm not affected by it."

"You hurt him Suzy," Yoon-hyung's face was burning up. "You turned a perfectly normal boy into an emotionless monster. and you still lived to get away with it. you ruined his entire life and you're living as if nothing's ever happened?"

"I forgot about it, why can't he?"

 

"You don't get to hurt people and get away with it." An awkward silence flowed through the room as Yoon-hyung and Suzy stared at each other despisingly. "Why do you guys always have to create chaos on such a good day? Yoon-hyung, it's Myungsoo and Suzy's business. meddling in it isn't going to solve anything." Jin-yi tried to calm the situation down, but she was only adding fuel to fire.

"No, Myungsoo is my family, and he's my friend. How can i just watch when my friend is being attacked?"

Suzy snorted.

"Bae Suzy, Karma's going to get you back." he squinted his eyes. "And Chanyeol's going to choose Jieun over you." Yoon-hyung slung his backpack over his shoulder and stormed out of the cafe, leaving the two girls flustered. Even Jin-yi had never seen that side of Yoon-hyung before. But what was more confusing, the both of them didn't understand why he was shielding Myungsoo so much. 

He was supposed to be.. one of them.

 

 

.  .  .

  

 

 The tram door slid open and the four boys rushed out of the tram, running wildly. They rushed to the station they caught the tram from and started screaming out Jieun's name like crazy. the station was boggling with people and there was not even a single gap to get through. Se-chan and Myungsoo teamed together as they searched through the first half, while Se-jong and Chanyeol searched the opposite direction.

 The station was constantly filled with drunk men shooting lecherous faces at the young ladies. The more he saw, the more Chanyeol grew panicked. the thought of her lurking alone in danger was something he would never want to imagine. 

"JIEUN! LEE JIEUN!"

Chanyeol's voice boomed over the station as he pushed through the many people and tried to look for an asian girl stuck inbetween all the bulky foreigners. The more he looked, the more she seemed to disappear. He didn't know how many times he had caught the wrong person, and how many times his heart sunk. little sweat beads were forming all over his forehead, perhaps they were tears as they slid down his face.

 "Chanyeol, let's take a minute break." Se-chan gagged for breath. 

"How can we take a break when she's lost out there?! Who knows that could have happened to her?" Chanyeol ruffled his hair, jumping in his spot. he was feeling paranoid, and felt as if somebody was harming her. "Chanyeol, she's going to be okay. We'll find her." Se-chan placed a hand on his shoulder and he calmed himself, his heart beating uncontrollably. He stared at the station clock, marking 11PM.

 He had to find her but what was more, he wanted to find her before Myungsoo.

 

 

 "Jieun!" Myungsoo screamed as he ran saunteringly. He and Se-Jong had split up, searching everywhere. Time was getting late and more dangerous drunk homeless men were gathering inside the station. Although he didn't show, Myungsoo felt as if he was going to go mad. He felt as if it was his fault for not paying more attention to her. He noticed the whole day how she was excluded from the group, always tagging along outside the circle.

But he didn't say a word, because she was smiling.

He thought she was okay.

 Myungsoo ran his fingers through his hair, constantly catching the wrong person. "Where are you Lee Jieun..?" he thought to himself as he continued running into the distance. There were so many people here, but the person he was looking for was never there. He knew how dangerous the subway was especially at night, because he had been here before on a Photography training camp and had to take shots of a model getting harassed by the homeless.

 He stared at the clock. 

11:30PM.

Thirty more minutes, that was the gift he wanted to give her.

 

 

 Jieun sniffled, her eyes swollen from crying. She held the drink cans tightly in her hand, walking through the less crowded areas of the station. The light was dim and the area was more dry, meaning that there were homeless men all over the place. She was truly afraid, because they were all eyeing her and looked as if they would abuse her any time soon. She sniffled and kept silent, walking through the deserted area.

 "Chanyeol.. Myungsoo.. Se-chan..Se-Jong.." she croaked. 

She could have never missed anyone so much. "Dad.. What am i doing here.." she thought to herself. with a shove, Jieun fell over. shocked, Jieun looked up and saw the unkempt beggar laughing at her lecherously. He knelt down and tried to snatch the drink can off her, but she screeched and held it tighter. The beggar began to scream as he climbed on top of her and caressed her face roughly, trying to touch her chest inappropriately.

 "vous êtes assez!" the beggar exclaimed as he touched Jieun roughly. Jieun couldn't even scream because she was so afraid, the only thing she could do was cry silent tears. her vision was blurred by tears, and the last thing she saw were more beggars crawling toward her with lecherous smiles on their faces. She knew this was the last day of her life. She closed her eyes.

 

The pain seemed to be less excruciating, because she felt no physical pain. She squinted her eyes open and saw that the beggars had passed out on the floor, groaning in pain. She sat up and gasped at the sight. She held onto her drink cans and shuddered in fear, wondering what happened. She could hear tired puffing from the distance, but she couldn't see anyone. Before she could get up, a big hug embraced her and the warmth poured down on her.

 

 Jieun stared into the air. The familiar scent, the familiar warmth, and the familiar breath as he sobbed lightly on her shoulder. Breathing lightly, she hugged him back lightly and pat his hair gently. She could feel his heartbeat beating wildly and the sound of his uneven breaths. There were no words needed, the hug explained everything. She pat his back like a mother would to her son and calmed herself down.

 "How can you just disappear like that..? Do you know how worried i was?" He croaked

"I'm sorry.."

 

The bell echoed through the station, marking 12AM.

 

 

 

Jieun hugged him silently, watching the other two run toward her from the escalator.


Hi everyone~ 

PS: You guys should check out the new drama Perseverance Goo Hae-ra! 

That's where i got the twins from..HAHA

 


Here's Handsome Yoon-hyung for all of us <3