New Years (I)

Under One Roof

New Years (Part 1)


 The sun rose, and it was officially Morning. Jieun was the first one up. She had to sleep on the floor since there was only queen bed in the hotel room, and she was forced to share the room with Jin-Yi. She wanted to finish preparing before Jin-Yi woke up, because she didn't want to be scorned by her for every single movement she made. She stretched quietly and looked out the window, breathtaken at the spectacular view of Paris right before her eyes.

 Today they would be touring around Paris, according to what she heard over Jin-Yi's phone call last night. 

She got fully prepared and sat on the edges of her bed, staring into the distant scenery of Paris. She felt so unwelcomed as if she never belonged, and she missed her father. The thought of her father never left her mind, even during her most glad tidings. The alarm clock beeped and Jin-Yi shifted from under the sheets, groaning lightly. Jieun flinched as she looked away, because she knew how much Jin-yi would be pissed if the first person she had to see was her.

  "Morning.." Jieun stuttered as Jin-Yi rested against the bedboard. She rubbed her eyes and seethed at the sight of Jieun, and it seemed as if she wanted to get out of bed just to get Jieun out of her sight. The bathroom door shut and Jieun released a sigh of relief. whenever the family relatives were around, she felt as if a tight lingerie was trying to strangle her to death. She didn't know if it was normal to feel this way, or if she just had the tendency of finding everything uncomfortable.

 

 A rage of knocks bombarded the door followed by rambunctious shouts that anyone could recognize; Se-chan and Se-jong. Jieun peeked through the door hall and saw the twins who were punching each other, and behind them stood Yoon-hyung, another person Jieun felt uncomfortable with. She didn't have any encounters with Yoon-hyung but she didn't like his resting face.

She opened the door and the twins burst in with full force, carrying Jieun along with them.

They jumped on the bed and threw their shoes off, messing with Jin-Yi's cosmetics. She watched as Yoon-hyung continued to take pictures of the breathtaking scenery of Paris, constantly posting the photos onto what looked like a bunch of SNS applications. He soon joined the twins on Jin-Yi's bed and sprayed her perfume on his wrist, rubbing it against his nape.

"Where's Jin-Yi?" Se-chan asked, snatching the perfume off Yoon-hyung and over-spraying it all over himself. Jieun pointed to the bathroom which leaked the sound of muffled hair drying. The three scrunched up their nose and glanced at the wall clock. "It's eight," Yoon-hyung rolled his eyes. "She acts as if she rented the bathroom." he complained as he took selfies of his disgruntled face and posted it on SNS.

 Jieun only chuckled half heartedly and awkwardly took a seat on the mahagony chair, fidgeting with her fingers. "I'm so hungry i could eat a horse," Se-Jong slapped his stomach and jolted up, kicking the bathroom door followed by a headlock from Jin-Yi, fully beautified. She snatched the perfume off Se-chan and stuffed it inside her Gucci bag, fixing her hair against the mirror and shooting a perfect smile at herself.

 "The maid has turned into Cinderella," Yoon-hyung clapped in sarcasm as he slung his backpack loosely on his right shoulder and headed towards the door. "Shut up you mongolian mong." Jin-Yi slapped her brother on the head, followed by the husky sniggering of the twins as they all skipped outside as one. Jieun sighed and slipped her backpack on herself, quietly following the bunch down the main lobby for breakfast.

.  .  .

 

 Jieun gasped at the sight before her. Before her eyes laid a large breakfast buffet, with a chocolate fountain marking the headstone of the buffet. Everywhere she looked contained glorious food, with golden pancakes stacked upon each other emanated by honey syrup bottles and fresh morning fruits. She followed the bunch as they met with the rest of the family at the big reserved table.

 Chanyeol and Myungsoo sat beside each other with a gap inbetween. "Jieun," Chanyeol waved. "sit here!" he pat on the empty seat beside her and smiled radiantly. Sitting inbetween Chanyeol and Myungsoo was like sitting on a bunch of thorns; she felt as if she was referring for a video game between two ill-related brothers. She looked around the buffet as foreign people let their fluent languages slip out of their mouth, unloading food onto their porcelain plates.

 After the adults had grabbed their plateful of food, the youngers set off to grab breakfast around the food fantasy. It was her first time at a buffet, and all Jieun was doing seemed to be following random foreigners around with her empty plate inbetween her two slender arms. She wanted to eat so many things, but there were so many people crowding over the things she wanted.

 "Did you grab anything?" Chanyeol popped up from behind, with a plateful of food from all over the buffet. Jieun gulped in hunger at the sight of his plate, filled with golden pancakes and all sorts of delicious food. He stared at her empty plate and snatched it off her. "Chanyeol," he laughed and stared at all the people crowding over what seemed to be the buttered Croissants.

"It's a problem being short too, hmm?" he ruffled her hair and squeezed through all the people with his slender height, grabbing the last of foods with his long arms. She didn't know why, but her face began burning up everytime Chanyeol appeared. Her father had once told her that the most scary thing on earth was affection. Because she never stayed with someone any longer than a year, she assumed that it would be the same with Chanyeol which was why she tried to not give him any affection. 

 But recently, she started to realize that..

she cared for him.

 

 Of course she cared for everyone in the family, because they cared for her. But this feeling of affection was something different than what it was for the rest of the family. She was puzzled, she didn't know what this was. She was sure that it wasn't love, it couldn't be. Chanyeol was a bully, and the thing she hated the most was bullies.

 "Here you go young lady," he knudged her and passed her the plate full with all the foods that she was eyeing around the buffet. Jieun laughed in a marveled tone. How did he know everything that she wanted to eat? "How did you.." "You think i don't know the Lee Jieun who always needs saving? Just.. think of me as your black knight." he sniggered and skipped around the buffet, filling his already full plate.

 She stared at him with mixed emotions.

 

She didn't understand.

 

Why was Chanyeol being so warm to her?

 

The Hug? Black knight? 

 

"What are you doing? let's go eat," A deep voice popped her thought bubble. Myungsoo wrapped his arms around her and secured her in his embrace and took her back to their table, distancing her from Chanyeol.

 Jieun sat beside Myungsoo and began chewing on the food lightly. She watched as Se-chan and Se-jong stuffed the food inside their mouth without a single stop.  Jin-Yi returned to the table with her eloquent plate of breakfast, filled with seafood and the miscellaneous. Everyone watched her as she placed the tasteless food choices into with such consciousness of her surroundings.

 "And what the deuce is up with you?" Yoon-hyung cringed at her tasteless choices. Jin-yi shot back a deathly glare and wiped after every bite. "You know when you gain the most weight? It's during vacation trips people start eating like pigs and gain pounds of weight." She glared at the twins and took a sip from her water. The twins weren't even aware of her insult and continued to eat, intentionally chewing with their mouth open for her to see.

 She stared at Jieun's plate, full of good calories.

"You must be going big," she glared at her plate then at her body. "are you?" she smiled contemptuously and diverted back to her food. Jieun bit her lips and placed her fork down. her appetite disappeared the more she stared at Jin-yi and her perfect body.

 

.  .  .

 

 Breakfast finished and the whole family stood outside the grand hotel with brochures in their hands. The adults and the youngers decided to split and tour, due to unpleasant experiences in the past. Jieun trailed behind the bunch as they looked around the cold city and chattered excitingly amongst themselves. She constantly bumped into foreigners and heard unpleasant mutters, which she preferred not to know what it meant.

 "Come on," Myungsoo grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her inside the big bunch, visible to the eyes of Chanyeol.

 

"My legs hurt," Jin-Yi complained. everyone stared down at her high heeled boots and scoffed. "serves you right." Yoon-hyung sniggered as he showed off his flat nike basketball high tops. Everyone halted, because the more they walked the more Jin-Yi would complain. The streets of Paris was extremely beautiful, but Jin-Yi's complaints were ruining everything.

After a few minutes of walking, everyone was fed up.

"How about.." Jieun whispered. "we ride those bikes..?" Jieun pointed to the bike hire station. 

"Jieun," Se-chan grabbed her hands. "You're a genius." he whispered in glory as he dashed over to the station with Se-Jong to check out a total of four bikes. They were double bikes with a light crimson color overshadowing it. "We rented for four hours," Se-jong shrugged. "we need to stick together, because if you guys break any of these bikes it's ME who has to pay for it." he complained.

 "So.. let's choose partners." Se-chan exclaimed as he looked at the bunch. 

"I'm going with my husband." Suzy wrapped her arms around Chanyeol and waved as if it was a definite thing. "says who?" Jin-yi shoved Suzy and stood beside him. Jieun stared at Chanyeol as he laughed with pride. She didn't know why, but whenever she saw Chanyeol surrounded by girls beside her, she felt herself breaking down mentally. He wasn't her property and she wasn't his only friend, so why?

 "I'll go with Jieun." Myungsoo volunteered. He grabbed a bike and got ready to take off, waiting for Jieun to get on. "No, i'll ride with her." Chanyeol pushed the two girls aside and pulled Jieun by the wrist.

"What are you guys," Se-chan raised an eyebrow. "filming a love tragedy?" the twins watched as they both held onto Jieun's wrist. "Let's make this simple, do scissors paper rock and whoever wins gets to partner up with Jieun. the loser rides with whoever the girls choose." everyone nodded and watched as Myungsoo and Chanyeol stood before each other, ready to stick their hand out.

 

"Scissors paper... rock!"

 

"Too bad," Se-chan grunted. "Chanyeol. looks like Myungsoo gets Juliet!" he laughed as Myungsoo grabbed Jieun and seated her on the second seat. He slipped out a handkerchief and placed it on the seat for her to sit. She could feel Chanyeol's burning stare as he turned away, hurt.

 The final arrangements were made and everyone was seated ready to go.

On the first bike sat Yoon-hyung and Se-chan, the second bike Se-Jong and Suzy, third bike Jieun and Myungsoo, and lastly.. Jin-Yi and Chanyeol. Everyone pedalled away and entered the crisp airs of Paris city, enjoying the beautiful scenery that was right before their eyes. The crisp air was attacking Jieun's face but she enjoyed every single moment of it. They pedalled through the whole city and under the famous Eiffel tower, staring up at the height that was 301 meters. 

 "Look Jieun," Myungsoo exclaimed as he let go of the handle and snapped pictures of the Eiffel tower. The smile never left her face as they continued to pedal on, into the fantasies of Paris. They soon reached the local markets, where the road was much more bumpier since it was composed of brick tiles. The bike bounced raunchily and almost threw people off the bike.

"Jieun," Myungsoo said cheerfully. "grab my waist." 

"What?" Jieun replied, flustered. 

"Grab my waist, road is bumpy." he warned and entered the bumpy road, one hand on the handle and one hand on his camera. The road was bumpy as expected and there was alot of debris on the floor, which took some effort to cycle around. "Watch out!" Myungsoo yelled as he cycled over a small apple, nearly throwing Jieun off the bike. She stayed on by an inch, holding tightly onto his waist.

 He slowed down and the two of them grew silent.

"It's safer that way...." Myungsoo murmured as he snapped more professional photos on the way.

 

.  .  .

 

 

"I'm so tired," the front seaters gagged as they collapsed on the park bench and gulped their waterbottles. "It's been four hours, let's return the bikes before we get fined." Se-Jong rushed everyone and the bikes returned safely, saving his wallet. The sky was at its peak, shining radiantly. Myungsoo held onto Jieun's hand tightly, without words as he continued to snap photos of everything in his surroundings.

 They were walking around the Champ de mars, admiring the tall Eiffel tower. Chanyeol watched from afar, Jin-yi literally clinging to his arms. "Jieun," Myungsoo smiled. "stand over there, let me take a photo." "Oh no, i'm not photogenic." "Hey," he laughed. It was the first time she had seen Myungsoo smile so radiantly, and she didn't want to take that away from him. "My photographic skills even make Kim Jung-eun look like a model."

 Jieun stood infront of the Eiffel tower as Myungsoo stepped back and snapped numerous shots, his smile never leaving his face. She was very awkward she had to admit, because she never had anyone take pictures of her before, and she didn't know what to do. Everyone sniggered as Jieun awkwardly posed, her face burning up right after. From behind, she could see Chanyeol's disappointed face vividly admist the other laughing faces.

 "Enough," Chanyeol bombed the photo and pulled her out. Everyone jeered as they laughed and talked amongst themselves, except for Myungsoo who glared at Chanyeol with resentment. He hung his camera over his neck and with a big sigh, followed the group as they walked toward the subway station back to the Hotel. The sun was setting and it was time to head back, because when it got dark in Paris, it got really dark.

 "Did you see the way he was puffing when cycling?" Suzy joked with the rest of the group as they laughed and bunched up together, leaving Jieun out of the crowd once more. Chanyeol backed up and walked alongside her, enjoying the spectacular color of the sunset spreading amongst the skies. She hauled her backpack tighter and walked at a slow pace, footsteps in sync to Chanyeol's.

 "It must be nice.." Jieun murmured. "To be able to fit in." she glanced at the big bunch who were laughing and headbanging each other. She looked down with a forced laugh and let the white mist escape out of . The temperature was dropping and Jieun was not very good at resisting to the cold. Chanyeol looked down at her diminuitive height and breathed lightly.

 "Fitting in.. i never really understood the concept of that." Chanyeol said casually, trying to cheer Jieun up. "It's stupid how people have stereotypes, and they single people out because of those stereotypes. Simply because you're different. you know?" as Chanyeol let the mist escape out of his mouth, Jieun could smell the scent of cigarettes escaping from his mouth. She held her breath but did not say a word.

 "But people don't realize," he continued. "They don't realize that they're stereotyping people. It's such a big part of their lives that they do it unconsciously, then they blame the society for everthing but in truth, we are the society." the two walked and saw the large Christmas tree peeking through the tall buildings. The busy city had shown up with cars busily driving past for Christmas plans with their loved ones.

"How is it..?" Jieun asked.

"How is what?"

"Being liked.. by everyone?" 

Chanyeol laughed half heartedly. "You really think that everyone likes me?" he glared at Myungsoo. 

"No.. i mean.. just look," she glanced at Jin-Yi, Suzy, and the twins who constantly looked back at Chanyeol. "The whole family.. adores you." "Why does it matter if my whole family adores me.. the person i want to be adored by doesn't even look at me. In fact, i'm jealous of you."

"Me?"

"My Father treasures you."

"Chanyeol, Mr.Kim may be an indifferent person-"

"You don't have to convince me. i tried to convince myself, that i was worthy of his love. "

"How did that work out?"

"Not so well," he chuckled. "I'm still struggling to find the real reason and until i find that reason, i guess i'll just.. stay." Chanyeol nodded. Jieun was silent, because she had never seen this side of Chanyeol, and his heart seemed genuine even admist alll that rebellious side. Underneath that veil of cigarette smoke, lived a boy with a pure soul.

 "Are you going to continue Baseball?"

"What do you think i should do?"

"I.. don't know, but Chanyeol," she looked into his eyes. "Do what you love. and love what you do."

Before Chanyeol could respond, they had reached the steps to the underground subway station. The whole bunch walked down the steps to the ticket booth and while the twins were purchasing the tickets, the girls retreated to the bathroom. Suzy and Jin-Yi had grown close like magnets, even sharing cosmetics as they charged up the whole porcelain sink of the bathroom.

 Jieun seemed to be the only one who actually had to use the restroom, because the other two were beautifying and gossiping. 

"Oh Jieun," Suzy smiled as she walked out of the cubicle. 

"Yeah...?" she raised an eyebrow.

Suzy smiled gently and wiped the dust off her thick coat. "Jin-Yi and i are so thirsty but we can't go outside with only half our make-up." she pouted. "Please go and buy us some drinks?" she pleaded with flattery. Jieun nodded unwillingly and headed outside to the nearest vending machine. 

"Plan succeeded?"

"Succeed."

Suzy and Jin-Yi sniggered, walking out of the bathroom right after Jieun.

 

.  .  .

 The bunch had gotten on the subway train and were travelling with a Christmas spirit. They watched as the tram travelled and showed the magnificent view of Paris in snow. The large Christmas tree sticking right up admist all the buildings. Jin-Yi and Suzy sniggered among themselves, high fiving each other. The tram seemed a little empty, but nobody seemed to notice.

 

 Jieun returned back to the bathroom with two cans of soda, only to find it empty. "Suzy? Jin-Yi?" she called out, but only the echo bounced back to her. She walked outside and looked around admist the crowded people all waiting to get on the tram. She was constantly pushed around, slurred inbetween the crowd as she searched for Suzy and Jin-Yi. she was alone, completely alone, and afraid.

 Where had they gone?

Her eyes became watery as she croaked the names of everyone, hoping that they would appear somewhere. There was only less than a few hours until New years, and she was alone in this big place full of dangerous lecherous men. She could feel inappropriate hands constantly touching her body as she got pushed around the crowd. Jieun felt hurt inside, thinking about the fact that they had left her and completely forgot about her.

She held the can drinks tightly in her hands, continuing to look for her crew.

 

"Hey," Se-chan looked around. 'Where's Jieun?" he asked as they got off the tram, embracing the cold. Everyone looked around to see that Jieun was nowhere to be seen. Everyone's faces grew serious except for the two girls who were trying hard to hold their laughter in. "Jin-Yi, Suzy," Chanyeol screamed. "She was with you last. where is she?" he demanded strictly. 

"I don't know.. When we used the bathroom she wasn't there.." Jin-yi pouted with her puppy eyes. Chanyeol ruffled his hair in panic as he walked back and forth. Myungsoo stuffed his camera inside his backpack and hopped back onto the returning tram. 'what are you doing?" Se-Jong retorted. "What do you mean? We need to go find her!" he yelled as all the guys got on board the returning tram, except for Yoon-hyung who was busy taking selfies of himself.

 "Yoon-hyung hyung and Jin-yi noona!" Chanyeol screamed. "If you see Jieun, call us right away!" 

 

And the tram door shut, in search of Jieun.

 

Yoon-Hyung,Suzy, and Jin-Yi all stood in a line, watching the guys leave. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" Yoon-hyung asked obliviously, staring into his mobile phone. Suzy sneered, nodding definitely.

 

 

"Nobody takes Chanyeol away from me, no one."

 

 


REALLY LATE HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I am really really sorry.. I never keep my promises.. i really wanted to update this chapter on New years day but i was so busy doing my winter break homework that i had no time to update.. please understand that i am a student and i have been really busy recently :( Finals are coming up in a few weeks too and work is piling up..  but i still managed to write this chapter for you guys! haha time is so slow in this story it's still 2014 XD 

 Wait for the next chapter the dark plot will be revealed .. dn..dn..dn.. lol

If you liked this chapter, please upvote and/or leave a comment

 

I Just imagined Jieun like this during the last part.. lolz..