Our Koprulu/Keroro

And where was forever?

It could have been his.

Everything. His wife, his son. How they had sat in the garden, thinking up baby names when they were in their early days of marriage.

He wanted to name his little boy Koprulu and his little girl Zerg, with utmost confidence he would make the the world’s greatest starcraft player.

She made a face, but took her revenge by wanting to name her little boy Keroro and her little girl Tamama.

And then she burst out laughing at her husband’s scrunched up face, deeply considering her opinions and suggestions.

And it ended with a tickles and poking fight in a series of giggles and showers of kisses.

 

Those were the days.

And he could have had the world.

They could spend weekends skiing, teaching his boy how to swim, cycle, blade…

Teaching that carbon copy of himself.

 

He wanted a girl, a copy of her, he once told her.

Her signature baby cheeks that flush so easily that it became an addiction. Her round clear sparkling  eyes.

It would mean the world, pure bliss. To have 2 girls; one his lover and one his precious daughter, both he could spoil and dote on day and night.

But she wanted a boy. So that when he was away at work, she could stare at their son’s face and remember how she love the both of them so dearly everyday.

 

And her wish came true. Their boy, was an exact copy of him.

But he wasn’t sure if it meant the same. Or will it be painful to be reminded by how he had hurt her everyday. The irony, he knew, something they had yearned for; their gem, their love.

It was a cold night by the sea that he brought her so often for their usual star gazing, and all he wanted was to drown himself in their happy memories with the influence of the alcohol in his hands.

That there was no affair, there was no baby, there was no divorce.

He could have her, their son, a family.

Just tonight, he wanted to be hers, and her to be his again.

In his heart, once again.