Son

And where was forever?

Everything was just the same, from the day he left her.

It was late at night, he had nowhere to go, and he did not want to go home and unknowingly, he followed the path so familiar in his heart back to home.

Home, is where the heart is.

In this house of theirs; the empty white house that was a present from his parents. They chose everything together, the flooring, the wallpapers, the sofa…

This place was full of memories. The past of him and her.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------

He had not stepped in this place ever since he stepped out of it five years ago, leaving her crying in the doorway.

It was too painful to come back, knowing that he had threw away every piece of happiness in his life, and throwing hers away at the same time.

The house had no traces of living.

Their photos were intact, each bearing a layer of dust.

His mind turned back to the day before, when Yoona had showed him a few possible locations and home design for the new marital home. He had no comments on most of what she had liked and decided. He did not bother.

It was like a déjà vu.

Going through everything twice again, but she wasn’t her. Yoona wasn’t his wife. His wife wasn’t Yoona.

7 years ago.

Everything was still fresh in mind. Fighting over curtain colours, deciding on the kind of bed he preferred, having a professional gaming room over her ballet studio and piano room… and compromising each other over hugs and kisses all over.

And now, he did not care anymore.

Everything he sees, felt brought him back to when he was with her.

He had to destroy everything and now, he is desperate to find the pieces back but he knew, they were not who they were anymore.

It pains to think of anything regarding the fact that she had moved on. He knew it would be inhumane and painful to expect that she would still be single and waiting for him to come back but that’s all he wants now.

For her to be back.

His hands brushed against the table top as glanced over her belongings in the room. She had not taken everything with her. Only her clothes and some necessities were gone. Her makeup and brushes were still here, her favourite keroro doll was still here, little bit of her traces everywhere in the room.

He opened the drawers, inhaling everything that has to do with his wife when a small black and white picture caught his eyes. It was hidden underneath a small blue rectangular gift box with a red ribbon on top.

He picked both of them up as he picked up the box and opened the lid.

It was a pregnancy kit. With a smiley face.

And beneath it was a fetus scan, a black and white picture dated June 28 2007.

5 years ago, on her birthday.

The day he left her.

His mind flashed back to her eyes that bored into his, breaking down in a lilac dress and her smudged make up for the birthday dinner, her excitement when he came home…

Then the little boy at the cemetery with her, Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon.

“… Oppa I am so excited I have something to tell you tonight, rest for a bit and wait for me okay?”

Was this what she wanted to tell me?

The boy.

Is he… my son?

Our son?