Still the same, all this while

And where was forever?

“Cut! That’s all!”

The director shouts out as cheers were heard around the set. They have filmed from the morning to night and everyone was exhausted.

“Since I am here today, I will give a treat to everyone for the job well done.”

The staff members were all cheering around the set but only one mind was pondering over his decision.

I should not spoil the fun and mood since everyone is going and they have treated me really well today, she thought.

“Hyung, I will not be joining you all. I have a flight to catch back to Seoul for some unfinished deal. See you when you are back” Yonghwa explained to his Hyung. “You did well today Ms Seohyun, see you back in Seoul!”

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was drunk.

She had never seen him really drunk, since he was someone with admirable alcohol tolerance. His favourite would be wine, something she had tried very hard to appreciate when he had persuaded her about how a little wine would be good for the body. They would indulge in some wine in his collection on the balcony in the old days, the past.

But all the staff member seems to be having a ‘make-our-boss-drunk’ mission their top priority today. They were shoving soju in his face, clapping for one shots, and cheering for more cups of it. He had went a round with all the staff members and was hardly able to keep in senses.

The next moment, he was rushing off to the restroom. She felt her eyes following him and her heart wince and worry. Then, I shouldn’t be worrying I shouldn’t care. She continues listening to the small talks of the other staffs who were also getting drunk but she couldn’t keep her eyes off the restroom.

He never came back out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the night, she was the only one clear and sane. Most of the staff were already drunk and those who weren’t, they were helping those that were out of the store to the hotel in walking distance. She was the last one left in the restaurant.

The night in Jeju was cold. The air was blowing through her tresses as she wrapped herself up tighter in her peplum coat.

“Miss, I believe you came with a group of friends just now right? There is a man in the toilet now drunk and vomiting and can’t seem to understand us telling him that we are closing. And no one has paid yet so..” The lady of the restaurant came running out to her.

The man in the restroom. It’s him isn’t it?

She sighed as she walked towards the restroom and saw a man in his black suit leaning against the wall.

“You have to pay and go.”

He heard her voice and looked up.

“Seohyun ah… Seohyun.”

He smiles in a gentle way, his hands moving up to caress her face. Her chubby cheeks, his favourite toy to munch and nibble on.

She was startled by his sudden action and when she realized what he was doing, she slapped his arms away.

“Let’s go.”

“Seohyun ah, are we going home?”

“Where’s your wallet?”

“Seohyun ah…”

“Aish, Where is your wallet!”

He continues smiling at her and her patience was running low. She looked at him and started fishing around his pocket for his wallet. In his left back pocket, like always.

She opened his wallet and realize he has no bills in it. She groaned and whipped out his platinum card to pay.

“Pin number please.”

“Ya, pin number.”

She looks at him, his face still smiling as he leans against the counter,

She sighed as she stares at the machine.

6-2-8-2-0-3 she enters, hoping that it will go through as she peeks at the screen..

“Transaction Approved”

She sigh in relief as she realized, 628203. All this time, he didn’t change it?

628 was her birthdate, 203 was his. They were using the same password for everything they have before.

She opened up her wallet and slot his card in while something dropped from one of the slot.

 

Her heart races.

She looks at the man now standing beisde the door, still smiling at her and beckoning her towards him.

No, I must not fall and hurt again.