She is Pregnant

An Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Painful and unfair things happen to everyone. Losers brood on it. Winners use it to learn and grow…”

Dear Diary,

Can you tell me what happened? It has been 2 weeks already since the last time appa come to see me in the hospital. Everything seemed not the same anymore. When appa came, eomma will find an excuse to go away and avoid him. Appa didn’t even show up when I discharged yesterday. Everyone told me that he was busy. But why did he move out from the house? Eomma said it was complicated but I know it was because of me, because of my disease. I hate myself. I really do.

I had a dream last night. I saw appa sitting beside my bed and was smiling at me. He touched my face and kissed my forehead. I can feel his warmth and everything was so real. He said he love me. But eomma said appa didn’t come last night. So it was impossible that he was in my room last night. I was just dreaming. I think really miss him very much.

I hate the fierce ahjuhma. I know I shouldn’t hate anybody but I really hate her. She said her bone marrow matches mine and she will donate hers to save me. And then she will marry appa. Her blood will flow inside me and she will treat me like her own daughter. How about eomma? Appa have forgotten his promises when he proposed to eomma? He said he won’t leave us. He said he will be with us forever but how come he is marrying that fierce ahjuhma now? Is that the reason why eomma wasn’t wearing her ring anymore? Did appa changed his mind and go back to his fiancée now? I don’t want to be her daughter. I only have one eomma.

There were a lot of questions I don’t understand but no one can answer me. They kept telling me everything will be alright. Everything appa do was because he wanted to save me. But why didn’t they try to ask me? I don’t want appa to go back to the fierce ahjuhma just because he wanted to save me. I don’t want that. My heart felt very painful. I don’t want her bone marrow. I don’t want to live in this world longer without appa. I rather live just for a short while but I have appa and eomma with me.

Love,

So Won   

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

One month later… (Hospital)

 

Park So Won looked at the door expectantly when it opened. Her gaze immediately turned into disappointment when she saw Song Joong Ki and Kim Mi Kyung came in. Shin Hye sighed looking at her daughter’s expression. She knows what she was thinking and it hurt her seeing her feeling disappointed and sad.

“Hi, So Won. You don’t look happy seeing Doctor Song here?” Joong Ki said as he walked closer to the bed. He put his hand on his chest and showed So Won a hurt looking expression. “You hurt my heart. I’m so kind to sign the discharge letter for you this morning. You should be very happy and thankful to me that you can go home today.” He joked.

So Won smiled weakly at him. “Thank you Doctor Song.”

Kim Mi Kyung sensed her granddaughter’s gloomy mood too. She sat on the bed and gently So Won’s hair. “What happened? You are not feeling well?” She asked softly.

So Won shook her head as she looked at her grandmother. “Halmeoni, where is appa? He hasn’t come to see So Won for 2 weeks already.”

Shin Hye sighed deeply. “I told you appa is not free. He did come when you were sleeping.” She cut in.

“But why didn’t you or appa wake me up if he came at night? And he is not here even I discharge today.” So Won turned to Shin Hye and asked.

“Yah, Park So Won. Stop whining already. We have to go home now.” Shin Hye started to get frustrated and raised her voice a little. She was not angry with her daughter but at herself. She wanted to tell her what happened but she knew she can’t.

So Won looked down as she bit her lip with her eyes reddened.

Kim Mi Kyung looked at Shin Hye before turning back to So Won with a smile. “So Won-ah. Don’t be sad. Your appa is really very busy with his hospital work. He loves So Won the most. He won’t lie to you.” She caressed So Won’s cheek. “Let’s go home now. Your eomma is very tired. She has been taking care of you without taking any rest. We need to go back and let her rest. Arasso?”  

So Won nodded as she turned to Shin Hye. “Eomma, mianhe.”

Shin Hye sighed again before letting out a weak smile. “Kaja.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

Shin Hye put the syringe into the tray after giving So Won’s injection. She helped her to lay down on the bed before pulling the comforter to cover her body. She brushed So Won’s hair that covered her face to the side as she let out a sigh.

“It’s late already. Sleep.” Shin Hye said softly.

So Won looked at her mother with a sad expression.

Shin Hye caressed her cheek and smiled lightly. “Wae?”

“Eomma, please don’t lie to So Won. Where is appa?” She asked.

Shin Hye inhaled deeply. She knew she couldn’t lie to her any longer. “Appa moved back to harabeoji’s house.”

So Won’s eyes widened. “Why?”

“We… it’s complicated.” Shin Hye couldn’t find the right word to tell her daughter.

“Tell me. I’ll try to understand.” So Won said in a begging tone.

Shin Hye let out a long sigh before looking deep into her daughter’s eyes. “So Won-ah, you have to trust eomma. Everything happened for a reason. In appa’s heart, So Won is his first priority. No matter what happen, no matter how hard it is, your appa will do anything to save you.”

So Won looked down at her mother’s hand. “Is that why eomma isn’t wearing your ring anymore? You and appa will not get married anymore?” She asked sadly.

Shin Hye bit her lip trying to hold back her tears. “I don’t know. After so many things happened, eomma doesn’t have the confident to promise you anything. We wanted you to be happy but most importantly, we want you to be healthy. If we could make you healthy, appa and eomma are willing to sacrifice anything. Even if in the future we are not together, it doesn’t mean we don’t love each other. Can you understand?”

“Appa left us because he wanted to save So Won? Eomma and appa cannot get married because both of you wanted to save So Won? Everything because of So Won, because So Won is not healthy.” She said sadly.

Shin Hye’s tears pooling in her eyes as she shook her head. “Without So Won, there won’t be appa and eomma today. Without So Won there won’t be any happiness between us. Everything started with you. Because we love you, we learned to be strong and brave. We are willing to fight for our future. So Won have to be strong too. You have to be brave and fight the disease. You have to fight as long and hard as you can until the bone marrow transplantation. You have to promise eomma, arasso?”

“Appa found my matching bone marrow?” So Won asked.

Shin Hye sighed deeply. “Almost. He… he is working hard on it.”

So Won closed her eyes and a tear escaped her eyes. “I’m very tired. I want to sleep now. Good night, eomma.” Her head was spinning and she felt very weak. She doesn’t understand why everything became like this. They were still very happy before she admitted into the hospital. She felt very angry with herself, with her disease.

Shin Hye wiped her tears away before leaning down to kissed her forehead. “Everything will be alright. Good night.

 

So Won wasn’t sure how long has it passed but she felt someone was looking at her. She opened her eyes slowly and was shocked when she saw Min Ho sitting on her bed beside her. She tried to shake her head softly and focused her vision. Everything was so blur and her head was still spinning. Am I dreaming?

“Appa…” She called out softly.

Min Ho didn’t say anything but just smiled at her. He caressed her cheek and kissed her forehead very tenderly.

“Appa, is that you? So Won miss you so much. Why didn’t you come to see me in the hospital? Why did you moved out?” She asked.

“Don’t worry. Appa will find a way to save you. You just have to hold on a little longer. Appa will not let anything happen to you.”

So Won wanted to ask further but her eyelids were getting heavier and she was feeling drowsier by the moment. The last thing she remembered was her father kissed her forehead and whispered very softly at her.

“I love you…”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Eomma, did appa come last night?” So Won asked, still confused about whether it was a dream or not last night.

Shin Hye turned to the driver seat and looked at Joong Ki who was driving them to Lee Ho Jin’s house. Lee Ho Jin said he missed So Won very much and wanted them to have dinner with him tonight.  She then turned behind and looked at So Won. “No, why?” She asked her daughter back.

So Won looked disappointed and shook her head. “Nothing. I guess I was just dreaming.” She answered as she looked out the window.

Shin Hye sighed silently before turning back to Joong Ki.

“Abeonim know about it already?” Shin Hye asked Joong Ki very softly, tried not to let So Won hear their conversation.

“I think sookmo already told him. Since Min Ho already moved back, I don’t think sookmo could hide it from sookbu.” Joong Ki replied.

“I hope he is not at home later. If not, the situation will be very awkward.” Shin Hye sighed.

Joong Ki let out a sigh too. “I didn’t see him for the whole week already. I’m not sure he knows about tonight’s dinner or not.”

“He didn’t… sleep at home?” Shin Hye asked.

“I guess so. I called him but he said he was busy. I think he was trying to fulfil her request.” Joong Ki said as he stole a sideway glance at Shin Hye.

She didn’t say anything but just looked out the window, biting her lower lip.

“Both of you agreed with it, there is no way to turn back now.” Joong Ki said again.

 

“So Won-ah, come here. Harabeoji missed you so much.” Lee Ho Jin let out a wide smile when he saw So Won came in. So Won walked to him as she smiled weakly. “Harabeoji.” She sat down beside him.

“Why is my princess looked so moody? Are you not feeling well anywhere?” He asked worriedly.

So Won shook her head as her eyes were scanning the whole house. “Harabeoji, where is appa?”

Lee Ho Jin was startled by her question and quickly looked at Kim Mi Kyung.

“He hasn’t come back yet. I think he is still busy in the hospital.” Kim Mi Kyung said.

“So appa won’t join us for dinner tonight?” She asked again.

Everyone were looking at each other doesn’t know how to answer the kid in front of them.

“Erm… I guess your appa won’t be able to rush back for the dinner.” Lee Ho Jin lied as he stole a glance at Shin Hye. He almost got another when his wife told him everything about Chae Won’s bone marrow. He wanted to stop his son but on the other side, he wanted to save his granddaughter. He knew the one that was hurt the most was Shin Hye. He just felt embarrassed to face her now. Just before he could say another word, everyone turned to the entrance when the maid opened the door.

“Appa!” So Won called out loudly when she saw Min Ho stepped in. She stood up and quickly run towards him but just then, she froze in place when she saw her father coming in together with another woman beside him. Their hands were entwined together. She recognized that woman. She was the one who slapped her mother and pushed her when she suddenly barged into their house few months ago.

Everyone’s eyes were widened in shocked. Min Ho’s face even turned pale when he saw his daughter looking at him with a very sad and disappointed gaze. He slowly let go of Moon Chae Won’s hand and walked towards her. He squatted down in front of her and let out and awkward smile. He lifted his hand up to touch her but avoided by So Won. She looked down, avoiding his eyes.

Min Ho exhaled sharply. “So Won-ah…”

“Why did you moved out?” So Won cut him off, still not looking at him. “You don’t want So Won and eomma already?” She asked.

Min Ho felt his tongue-tied as soon as he heard his daughter’s questions.

Shin Hye quickly stood up and pulled So Won to her. “So Won-ah. Don’t be rude.” She looked at Min Ho who was also looking at her. Her heart clenched the moment she saw him coming in with Chae Won, holding onto her hand. She bit her lip as she looked away.

Joong Ki cleared his throat to break the awkwardness. “Min Ho-ah, we didn’t know you will come back for dinner. Sookbu asked me to fetch Shin Hye and So Won over to celebrate her for discharged from the hospital yesterday.”

Min Ho pulled his gaze away as he stood up and walked back to Chae Won’s side. “Chae Won said she hasn’t see abeoji since he came back from US. She thought of coming over to pay him a visit.” He said.

Chae Won smiled as she walked towards Lee Ho Jin and Kim Mi Kyung. “Annyeonghaseyo, abeonim and eomeonim. I felt very bad for not coming over to pay both of you a visit for such a long time. Here are some vitamins I get my friend to buy from UK. It’s very good for patient.”

Kim Mi Kyung squeezed her husband’s hand softly, telling him silently that he needs to calm down. “This is so kind of you. Thank you very much.” She took over the paper bag from Chae Won and flashed her a fake smile. Kim Mi Kyung know she have to control her own emotion for So Won’s sake. Chae Won is the only one who can help So Won now.

“You are welcome.” She said with a smile as she turned to Shin Hye before looking back at Kim Mi Kyung. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know you have guests today. I should not have asked Min Ho to bring me here today if I know it.”

“Shin Hye and So Won is not a guest. They are family.” Lee Ho Jin said dryly.

Chae Won inhaled a deep breath before letting out a smile again. “Of course. So Won is Min Ho’s daughter and Shin Hye is So Won’s mother. They are all somehow related. But since I’m going to donate my bone marrow to So Won and to become Min Ho’s wife soon, I guess I’m indirectly related to them too.” She said as she looked at So Won.

Everyone tensed up when she brought up about her matching bone marrow. Lee Ho Jin sighed deeply and kept his mouth shut.

Chae Won walked towards So Won. “So Won-ah, I think I should apologize to you because of the accident last time. I know it was not my fault but I should be responsible too that you fainted and admitted into the hospital the last time.” She kneeled down in front of her and smiled. “Since I’m going to married your father soon and donate my bone marrow to you, my blood will soon flow in your body. I’ll treat you like my own daughter.”

Shin Hye’s blood was boiling when she heard what Chae Won said to her daughter. She pulled So Won to stand behind her and glared at Chae Won. “She is my daughter, not yours. If you want to be a mother so badly, you should have one yourself.”

Joong Ki held Shin Hye’s hand and squeezed at it softly. “Calm down.” He whispered.

Chae Won’s face turned pale as she stood up and met Shin Hye’s eyes. “I’m just trying to be nice to your daughter for Min Ho’s sake.”

Joong Ki turned to Min Ho and looking at him sharply. He was signalling Min Ho to control the messed and tension situation.

Min Ho let out a long sigh. He walked towards Chae Won and pulled her to the other side. “I don’t think you will be happy to have dinner with her on the same table. Let’s go out to have our dinner.”

“Why I have to avoid her? She is the one who need my help to save her daughter. She should be the one who felt embarrass, not me. I’m staying.” Chae Won said.

Min Ho let go of her hand and looked at her in defeat. “Okay. If that is what you want, just go ahead.” Without looking at them, he made his way to the staircase and walked to his room.

 

Min Ho sat on his bed and ran his fingers through

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter