A New Beginning

An Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending… -Carl Bard”

Dear Diary,

Today I close the door to the past, open the door to the future, take a deep breath, step on through and start a new chapter in my life. I smiled and happy with my courage to take a step further, bringing a better future for So Won, him and myself.

I think I have changed. Ever since I’m back together with him, I’ve become stronger and braver now. I just thought why can’t I fight for something I want? Why can’t both of us be together when we love each other so much? I was helpless and full of worries in the past. But now I was different, he was different. We had finally grown up and become stronger to fight against anything or anyone who wanted to pull us away from each other.

I don’t know what else will come in between us but at this moment, I just want to hold him tight, hoping the storm will go away one day. I believe there will always be rainbow and sunshine behind the storm.

Love,

Shin Hye

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Park Shin Hye put the last piece of So Won’s cloth into the overnight bag and zipped the bag up. She turned to the door and let out a soft sigh before she sat on the hospital bed.

“Eomma, are you okay? Is there anything that bothering you?” So Won asked as she was sitting on the bed.

Shin Hye turned to her daughter and flashed her a weak smile. “Nothing. I was just wondering why is your appa haven’t come yet. It’s already 10am. He knew that you will be discharge early in the morning today and he is not answering his phone. I’m just a bit worried.”

So Won tilted her head as she smiled. “Appa said he have a surgery to do today, right? I think he was just busy.”

“But he said the surgery is in the afternoon.” Shin Hye sighed again. She doesn’t know why but her heart doesn’t feel good. Just then, Song Joong Ki came into the room. He wasn’t wearing his doctor gown but his casual clothes.

Shin Hye stood up as she looked at him in surprised. “You came last night and already signed the discharge paper for So Won. I thought you won’t come here again this morning.”

Joong Ki gave her a strange look before averted his gaze. “Erm… Min Ho asked me to pick you and So Won up.”

Shin Hye widened her eyes. Even So Won straightened her body on the bed.

“Appa is not coming? But he said he will come to pick me up today.” So Won asked in disappointment.

Joong Ki let out an awkward smile before walking towards So Won. His eyes were avoiding Shin Hye. “Your appa have something important to do. So he asked me to come on behalf of him. He will go to see you after he finish his work.”

“What is so important that he can’t call me or even pick up my call? I thought his surgery is this afternoon?” Shin Hye asked from behind.

Joong Ki sighed deeply before turning to her. He looked into her eyes before letting out another sigh. “His father was admitted into this hospital.”

Shin Hye was shocked as she took a step closer to him. “What? When?”

“He… he got a last night.” He said softly.

Shin Hye bit her lip with a worried expression. She inhaled deeply before looking back at Joong Ki. “I-Is Min Ho okay?”

“His father ‘s condition was consider critical and have to do a surgery immediately. The surgery just ended not long ago. He is still with his father now in the ICU.” He sighed as he Shin Hye’s shoulder gently. “Don’t worry about him. He should be okay.”

Shin Hye looking at him with an unconvinced gaze. “He told me he has a big surgery to do this afternoon and need to go home early to prepare last night. He was lying… am I right?”

Joong Ki pursed his lips, didn’t answer her.

Shin Hye tightened her grip on her skirt as the words that Min Ho said last night replayed in her mind.

“I have a big war to fight tonight.”

“I’ll fight hard for you and So Won, for our future.”

Shin Hye looked deep into Joong Ki’s eyes. “Did he fight with his father last night? What happened to them at home last night?” Shin Hye asked again.

Joong Ki looked down, trying to find the right word to answer her question. “I think it will be better for Min Ho to tell you himself.” He moved to her overnight bag and took it into his hand. “Let’s not worried about it and bring both of you back first. I’m sure he will look for you when he is available.” He extended his hand to So Won who was looking confused. “So Won-ah. Let’s go home now. Kaja.”

 Shin Hye sighed deeply before she helped So Won to get down from the bed.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

“Ouch.” Shin Hye looked down on her bleeding finger before she put down the cutting knife and put her finger into .

“What happened?” Joong Ki ran into the kitchen and quickly pulled her finger and checked. “You cut your finger? You shouldn’t just it with your mouth. It might get infection.” Joong Ki said worriedly. He then walked to the living to look for the medical box. After a while, he came in with a plaster and wrapped it up for her. He looked at Shin Hye and sighed. “Don’t cook. I’ll go to buy some food from the nearby restaurant. You wait for me.” Without giving Shin Hye any chance to protest, Joong Ki rushed to the door and went out.

Shin Hye cleaned the kitchen and put the ingredients back into the fridge before she walked to the living room. She let out a weak smile when So Won who was sitting on the couch looking at her worriedly. She sat beside her daughter and pulled her into her arms.

So Won leaned her head against her mother’s chest as she looked up at her. “Eomma, are you worried about appa? What is ? Doctor Song said appa’s appa have a . Is he my harabeoji?”

Shin Hye nodded her head softly. “Appa’s appa is not feeling well so appa is taking care of him now.”

“Then why didn’t we go to visit harabeoji?” So Won asked again.

Shin Hye became speechless. She really doesn’t know how to explain the complicated situation to her daughter. She let out a deep sigh before pulling away from her daughter and turned So Won to face her.

“So Won-ah. Appa’s appa is very sick now. Even if we go to visit him now, he wouldn’t know. We will only disturb appa and halmeoni taking care of him. Appa will sure come to see you when his appa is feeling better. Arasso?” Shin Hye tried to explain.

So Won nodded without asking anymore question. Although she doesn’t really understand what’s happening but she know her mother was not happy and worrying about her father. Her brows were creased again.     

 

Shin Hye walked Joong Ki out of the house and both of them stopped beside his car. “Thank you for fetching us home today and also for the dinner just now. Your off day was wasted on us again.” Shin Hye said to him with a smile.

“You know I love spending my free time with you and So Won.” He said with his eyes looking deep into her.

Shin Hye let out a soft chuckle. “I’ll treat that as a joke.”

“You know I’m not joking. I’m very serious when it comes to you.” He said with a firm tone.

Shin Hye looked at him, speechless.

“I know you don’t feel the same for me… yet but I have confident that you will change your mind one day.” He said. “Do you know what’s the difference between Min Ho and me?”

Her gaze narrowed.

“I don’t have troublesome parents, I don’t have a fierce fiancée, I don’t have a complicated background and I’m funny. Being with me will be less problem, less pressure and confirmed happier.” He continued with a wide grin on his face.

Shin Hye laughed softly, looking down. “Are you trying to hit on your cousin’s girlfriend when he was busy taking care of his family problem? He trusted you to take care of me for him.” She joked without looking at him. She was really not in the mood to talk about all this now.

The smile on Joong Ki’s face faded as he took a step closer to Shin Hye and looked at her seriously. “I just want you to know that you always have a choice to let yourself out from all these misery. I know both of you love each other very much but if everything was so painful 9 years ago, what makes you think that it would be different this time? The history is slowly repeating again. Last time was heart attacked and this time is . The road you chose to walk with him will only get tougher.”

She looked up at him with her brows furrowed. “So you are telling me now that his father got a last night was because of me, am I right? They were fighting because of me?” She asked.

Joong Ki averted his gaze as he sighed.

Shin Hye exhaled sharply. “I won’t let the same mistake to happen again because I’m not going to run away this time. I’ll stay by his side and fight together. I don’t know what will happen in the end but at least I tried. I try to fight for my own happiness.” She bit her lower lip as she stepped backward, widened the distance between them. “You are a good person. Don’t waste any more time on me. It’s impossible between us because I have already made my choice since the day I fall in love with Min Ho. I’m sorry.”

There was a moment of silence between them before Joong Ki broke the awkwardness. “Got it.” He said, smiled sadly. “Don’t worry too much. Min Ho will call you when he is available. Good night.” Without waiting for Shin Hye’s reply, he opened his car door and stepped in.

Shin Hye let out a long sigh after Joong Ki drove off. “I’m sorry.” She whispered.

 

Shin Hye planted a soft kiss on So Won’s forehead before she pulled the comforter up to her shoulders. She smiled looking at her daughter’s sleeping face. She then stood up very softly and stepped out of the bedroom. She sat on the couch and looked at the clock. It was already 11.30pm. She took her phone on the coffee table and pressed on the message icon.

“Should I send him a message?” She asked herself. Just then, her phone beeped. There was an incoming message. She straightened herself when she saw the message was from Min Ho.

“Are you sleeping already? I’m outside your house. Can I see you?”

Shin Hye’s eyes widened as she threw her phone on the couch and quickly ran to the door. Her steps were frozen when she saw Min Ho standing outside, leaning against his car. Although it was dark but his face was obviously tired and pale. Her chest tightened when she saw his gaze. He looked sad and troubled.

Min Ho took a step forward but stopped in place. He took a deep breath before looking at her with an uncertain gaze. “I-I’m sorry. I know I should call you but I was afraid…” He stopped mid-sentence when Shin Hye ran to him and threw her arms around his neck, hugging him very tightly. He closed his eyes as he inhaled deeply into her sweet scent. He felt so much better with her in his arms, with her scent filled his senses.

Shin Hye pressed her lips on his neck and closed her eyes too. “I miss you so much.”

They continued to hold each other tightly as if something will separate them if they don’t do so.

“I’m sorry.” Min Ho whispered into her ear. “You must be very worried. I should have called you but I was…”

“Shhh… I know.” Shin Hye cut him off as she tightened her arms around him.

Min Ho laughed softly. “Should we go inside? I’m kind of cold and I couldn’t breathe because you are hugging me very tightly.

Shin Hye pulled away as she glared at him with blush on her cheeks.

He laughed again as he kissed her forehead softly. “Kaja.”

 

Min Ho closed the door softly behind him as he walked towards the couch and sit beside Shin Hye.

“Did you wake her up? She was asking about you the whole day.” Shin Hye asked.

Min Ho sighed as he shook his head. “She is sleeping soundly. I don’t want to wake her up and make her too excited. She still has to go to school tomorrow.”

Shin Hye nodded as she looked down.

He gently pulled her into his arms with her cradled on his chest. “Did Joong Ki tell you about what happened?”

“Your father had a last night.” She replied. She heard his heartbeat raised as his breathing became heavier. “Is he alright?”

Min Ho sighed deeply. “Consider not critical now.”

Shin He looked up at him with a worried gaze. “What happened last night? You fight with him, right?”

He sighed again as he closed his eyes.

----------

“I’m here to look for your father.” Min Ho said looking at Moon Chae Won.

She narrowed her eyes. “My father?”

“Yes.” He answered boldly.

“Min Ho-ah. You came? It has been a long time already. Come here and sit down.” Moon Chin Young came out from his study room and smiled widely when he saw Min Ho. “Chae Won-ah, why are you standing there with your fiancé? You should invite him to come in.”

Chae Won smiled slightly at her father as she turned to Min Ho. “I hope you will behave in front of my father.” She warned him.

Min Ho didn’t look or reply her. He walked straight into the living room and stopped in front of Moon Chin Young. He bowed politely at him without sitting down. “Annyeonghaseyo, abeonim.”

Chae Won took a seat beside her father as her hand linked on his arm. Her face was pale and was looking at Min Ho with a nervous expression.

“What are you doing? Don’t stand there. Sit down.” Moon Chin Young said.

“It’s okay. I won’t be here long. I will go after I finish what I have to say.” Min Ho’s expression was calm.

“Lee Min Ho!” Chae Won raised her voice as she glared at him.

Moon Chin Young was startled by his daughter reaction as he looked back at Min Ho. “What happened?” He asked.

Min Ho inhaled deeply before looking at him. “I want to cancel the engagement between me and Chae Won.”

“What?! Cancel the engagement?” Moon Chin Young widened his eyes in shock.

Chae Won’s eyes reddened in anger. She tried hard to control her emotion as she turned to her father. “Appa. We just had a fight and he is just angry. Let me talk to him and...”

“I’m serious.” Min Ho cut her off. “I don’t want to lie to you, lie to my parents and lie to your father.”

Chae Won stood up of the couch. “Lee Min Ho. I can forgive everything you did behind my back but you better don’t try to challenge my patience any further.”

“Quiet! Let him continue.” Moon Chin Young said in a firm tone.

Min Ho turned back to her father as he bowed at him again. “I know I’m being very irresponsible but I don’t want both of us to regret after we get married in the future.” He took a deep breath. “I don’t love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter