Today

Happy Birthday


You and Chen had been dating for almost 3 years. Your world revolved around two things. Him and softball. Unfortunately, you had a game on the day of your birthday. You got up at 7 sharp and began to get ready. You played for one of the best softball teams in your area and you guys were undefeated. You proceeded to take a shower and find your uniform. You got out of the shower to find the love of your life fast asleep on the bed. You smiled a slight smile and went to get dressed. 

 

You came out in your ball pants, socks, and a sports bra. It was hot in your apartment and you didn't want to start sweating before the game. "Well, good morning, beautiful," you heard Chen say. You jumped and turned your back to him. "I wasn't expecting you to be awake at this hour," you said laughing. "Babe, I've seen every part of your beautiful body. No need to hide it," he said getting out of bed to kiss you. "Have you seen my jersey? It wasn't in my ball bag," you said breaking the kiss. "Dryer," he said sighing. He loved you so much and he hated being away from you. You both never got to spend any time together because he was an idol and you were always away on tournaments. 

 

He started to get dressed when you came back from the other room. "I just have a few more games then the season is over, babe. Then we can do whatever we want," you said hugging him. "Do you have anything to say to me?" you said beaming. Today was in fact your birthday and Chen didn't do anything to show his affection. "Just that you're the love of my life and you're so incredibly beautiful," he said kissing your forehead. Had he forgotten? 

 

You sighed and kept getting ready. Making sure you tucked your uniform in, had your belt on, your hair braided with the team bow in your head. Once you had everything together, Chen helped put your ball bag in your car. "I'll see you tonight princess," he said grasping your chin and pecking your lips. You smiled an insincere smile and got in the car. 

 

Once you arrived at the field everything was a blur. You couldn't wrap your head around the strange morning you had and why your boyfriend of almost 3 years didn't remember your birthday. You checked your phone one last time before heading to warm up to see if he had even texted you. He did.

 

From: Babe

Good luck today baby. Make sure you knock a few girls out. I have big plans for a big win tonight. Love you!

 

You couldn't help but smile at the phone. It was the littlest things he did that made you so happy. You set your phone down and grabbed your pitching gear and hit the field. You were practicing and warming up with your team while you saw some familar faces. Your sister and her friends never missed a game and today was extra special since it was your birthday. "Happy birthday, Al!" they all screamed. It made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to have an amazing family and amazing friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top of the 7th inning and your team was up by 6. Just 2 more innings and you had won, once again. You would pitch your first full game in years and you were everything but nervous. You knew you could win this game. Pressure put you into a mood that made you fierce. You had no mercy. You pitched the ball and BAM. Knocked the batter right in the jaw. You stood there for a second before looking at the other team's players run onto the field. Time began to stand still as you could hear your team call your name and people screaming, "Call an ambulance!". 

 

You knocked a girl out. Possibly broke her jaw. You looked over at your sister and she smiled. She was proud that her little sister knocked someone out. You looked at the ref and watched as he mouthed, "I'm calling game, home team wins,". You then turn around and look at your team. They were all jumping and running toward you. They were proud they went undefeated yet again.

 

Once you gathered your ball bag and put it in your car, your decided to call Chen. 

"Baby!" he said, "How was the game? Did you win?" 

"Uh, yeah I did. Knocked a girl out, too. Possible broken jaw," you said rubbing the back of your neck. "That's great babe! I knew you could do it!" he sounded so proud. He liked knowing if he got out of line you'd put him back in it. You were fierce. "I'm on my way back home now. Are you there?" 

"No babe, I'm not. But shower up and wear that little black dress I like," he said, "I love you so much," and he hung up. You smiled a little at what he had said. Maybe he didn't forget. Maybe he did and just wanted to celebrate you knocking someone out.

 

You hurried home and immediately changed out of your uniform for a shower. You took a long, hot shower and relaxed. You were quick to get dressed, put makeup on and do your hair. You received a text in the mean time from Chen saying he'd be there in 15. Once you heard the honk of his car horn you were gone. "Hello, gorgeous," Chen said opening the car door. You smiled and got in the car. Neither one of you said a word until you pulled up to one of the fanciest, most expensive restaurants in the city. "Chen, why are we here? I'd be okay with McDonalds," you said. "Babe, I wanted to take you somewhere nice. I mean look at you. I'm not taking a beautiful girl like you to McDonalds," he said parking the car. He opened your door for you and you went in hand in hand. 

 

"Reservation for Chen," he told the hostess. You were then escorted to a private, candlelit table. "For my lady," he said pulling out your chair. You took your seat and looked at your boyfriend. "Chen, I-" "Stop, there's nothing you need to say that you already haven't," he said shaking his head. What the hell is he talking about?

 

He called the waitress over to the table and ordered the same thing for the two of you. You sat there in silence which was odd. Once the food came, you thanked the waitress and began to eat. Chen then stood from his seat and stood next to you. You swallowed the mouth full of pasta you had and looked at him. He took your hand and said, "Allyson, ever since I first met you, I knew you were the one for me. No one has ever made me feel the way that you do. I couldn't ask for a better girlfriend to be in my life. Happy birthday," you felt tears coming to your eyes and butterflies in your stomach. He didn't forget. All this time you were blinded by how weird he had been acting and the game that you didn't see what was happening. He kissed your cheek and said,"I have a surprise for you,"

 

He proceeded down on one knee and you lost it. Tears were beginning to fall as he wiped them away. "Ally, I love you so much. Will you marry me?" 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N happy birthday ally. I know this kind of and wasn't too good but I hope you have a great birthday and I love you dongsaeng~