Chapter 1

Blooming Love

Sigh.

 

"I swear I’m going to kill Baek and this Chanyeol guy ugh," Luhan muttered under his breath.

 

He was walking back home after a long day at school and the sun had already set. As always, he passed by a park which was usually pretty empty but this time, he was surprised to see a boy, that was probably around his age, tall with brown hair and most importantly, handsome.

 

Just. Dashing. 

 

Luhan stopped to look at him. The boy bent down to take a whiff of the fragrance the rose emitted. Luhan appreciated the fact that he had not plucked the flower, allowing it to live. When he backed away, Luhan saw something that made his eyes widen and his heart skipped a beat.

 

The boy smiled.

 

Luhan swore it was the most beautiful thing he ever saw up till today.

 

The boy turned to Luhan who started to blush because really he was really dashing.

 

Even more so when he’s staring at you.

 

Yes, staring at you…

 

Realisation hit Luhan that if he knew that the boy was staring at him directly in the eyes, it was because he was staring too. Luhan was so embarrassed he quickly turned around and started walking again. This time, faster.

 

When he closed the door of his bedroom, he tried to catch his breath. It wasn’t the fact that he sprinted the last few meters. No, it was definitely something else.

 

If only he knew what it was...

 

"What is wrong with me…" He plopped on his bed, preparing himself for bed without even caring about feeding himself. He just felt so much more jaded than usual.

 

 


 

 

"And I felt euphoria engulf me!"

 

"Uuuuggghh Baek stop please! You already told me about Chanyeol's freaking kiss for the nth time since morning! Don't you get tired at all? And your description of it gives me the shivers. I feel like Chanyeol gave me a kiss as well so stop!! Oh. My. God." Luhan whined, voice muffled. His head was on his arms on the class table. He got up and stretched and at the same time, rolled his eyes at Baekhyun. Class should have started ten minutes ago, but the teacher was late.

 

Unfortunately for Luhan.

 

"...But it was just the first." Luhan’s head shot up, eyes alert. "I haven't told you about the second one yet! It was a French kiss and–"

 

"I am terribly apologetic for being late!" The teacher breathed, and Luhan couldn’t be more thankful. Baekhyun on the other hand sent a death glare at the teacher. How did that man even dare stop his story?

 

"Everyone listen," the teacher said replying to Baekhyun's glare whereby after a few seconds, mumbled a few curses and proceeded to stare out of the window. Luhan sighed. Baekhyun has always been like that and will probably never change… "You all have a new classmate! Please enter."

 

And the boy entered.

 

Luhan proceeded to gasp.

 

"Everyone, please welcome him well. His name is Sehun." The boy bowed to the class. Some students started whispering to each other, "Wow he’s handsome!", "He's so cute !" making Luhan frown slightly.

 

"You can go to your seat." The teacher told Sehun and he bowed politely, When he walked past Luhan, the latter held his breath subconciously, letting go of it seconds later when Sehun was out of sight.

 

He scowled. What in the world is wrong with me

 

 


 

 

"Oppa! I can give you a tour around the school!"

 

"Sehun oppa! You can eat with me if you want."

 

"Do you need someone to show you to the cafeteria?!"

 

Luhan clenched his fists, he swore if he heard one more “oppa” he would— 

 

"Oppa! Oppa! Oppa!! Damn! How thirsty for that new guy can they get?!"

 

Luhan looked at Baekhyun who had an annoyed look plastered on his face with a death glare shot towards the group of girls around Sehun’s table.
Luhan honestly couldn’t agree more.

 

Sehun just shook his head and got up, once again bowing politely and showing no signs of displeasure to the girls, and walked off. Stating that the girls were utterly disappointed was an understatement.
Luhan had the urge to laugh out loud.

 

And that was what Baekhyun did.

 

The girls shot daggers at him. Luhan thought it was absolutely redundant. It wasn't like Baekhyun was paying attention to them since he was now rolling on the floor. Luhan got up shaking his head, took Baekhyun’s hand and literally dragged him to the cafteria.

 

Upon arriving at their table Baekhyun wiped his tears away. “Ha…did you see their faces? My God, that moment was priceless!”

 

Luhan’s lips tugged slightly upwards. He looked around but Sehun was nowhere to be found. He poked aimlessly at his food. Where could he be at? Maybe he got lost? Maybe he–

 

"I admit, he was cold." Luhan looked at Baekhyun who sensed Luhan’s confusion, continued, "the new student, he looks distant."

 

"…I don’t think so… he’s new that’s why, he doesn’t know anyone yet, give him some time to adapt and all..." Luhan didn’t really know why but he didn’t want anybody to refer Sehun to "cold". Because he was certain he wasn't.

 

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow and had no idea why Luhan was defending the new guy like that? He wanted to ask but Luhan had an expression on his face that made him shake that thought off. As if he was thinking hard about something. He ended up nodding and started eating. His questions would still have to be answered, except later.

 

I wasn't dreaming; it was the same guy I met at the park whose smile is so electrifying. I and very sure of that… So why is he so…? Luhan frowned even more. Why am I that concerned anyway…
He shook his head and started eating, taking small bites of his food.

 

 


 

 

It was late when Luhan got out of school. His walk back home consisted of thinking about the same person again and again.

 

Sehun.

 

The boy hadn't spoken a word the whole time and walked out of the class the moment the bell rang. Why was he acting like this... and why do I even bother? He sighed.

 

When he reached the park, something caught his eyes so he turned his head. It was the flower Sehun had sniffed.

 

There were many flowers in the park but this was the only rose. It’s funny he thought, for he had been walking past the park for years but never took time to pay attention to it even though roses are his favorite flowers.

 

So you’re the flower that made Sehun smile...

 

 

Wait

 

 

What?

 

 

Luhan’s eyes widened.



 

What the actual ?



 

Am I jealous of a flower?

 

 

...

 

 

Why the hell would I be jealous in the first place?

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

He shook his head. That was ridiculous! He closed his eyes, appreciating the subtle but emphatic scent of the flower. He loved it so much; it made him feel like he was on cloud nine. His smile grew wider.

 

"You like roses?"

 

"Yeah," Luhan replied, still a little detached from the real world, "I like the scent, the color; I also like the fact that it looks so fragile but strong at the same time. The thorns give the rose a sense of... Feistiness. "

 

When Luhan came back to earth and opened his eyes to look at the person who proposed the question, all the colors on his face faded.

 

He got up and exclaimed, “Sehun?!”

 

The boy kept mum.

 

Luhan felt his cheeks burning, oh my god, “I-I…” this is so embarassing. "Uhm…. Yeah…so… I-I I like flowers, especially roses……… I know it’s ridiculous haha…ha….." He managed to finish his sentence.

 

Sehun just stared at him.

 

Luhan wanted to disappear. He was sure Sehun was struggling not too laugh, because of his face, who’s plausibly bright red now.

 

“It’s not ridiculous.” The tall boy said before walking away, leaving Luhan standing here, dumbfounded.

 

 


 

 

"What is wrong with you?" Baekhyun asked an absentminded Luhan. The boy looked like he was going to die the whole morning, or rather he already passed out. If it were anyone else, Baekhyun would have thought he was purely moody, but it’s Luhan, the forever-excited-about-everything-deer.

 

"….Nothing," Luhan sighed, "Don’t worry."

 

"Don’t worry?" Baekhyun asked, deadpanned. "Are you ing kidding me right now Luhan?! You listened to my whole date with Chanyeol! Without stopping or interrupting me! Something clearly is wrong! Dude, you can't fool me!"

 

"I’m just tired…" Luhan lied, partly, considering the fact that he didn’t sleep last night. But he wasn’t feeling down because of that. He thought Sehun was going to greet him, or at least look at him. He did everything else but that. He was upset about it.

 

He frowned. What were you thinking? Why didn’t you greet him then? Tch…

 

"Allo!!! Earth to Luhan!!" Baekhyun cried waving both of his hands at Luhan who somewhat attempted to look up.

 

"Mmh?"

 

"Urgh! You’re driving me crazy!"

 

You’re already crazy, Luhan thought. "It’s nothing really Baek, I’ll just…"

 

Luhan's eyes drifted somewhere behind Baekhyun. Two boys entered smiling at each other searching for a table. Normal, nothing unusual. But not when one of them was Sehun.

 

Luhan was agape. Was sehun really in front of him, smiling? Smiling? With someone else…? Not that he excpected Sehun to smile for him or at him, no.

 

 

...



 

Okay maybe a little.



 

A little too much.




 

Luhan started blinking rapidly. Please, don’t cry, don’t cry…. Why do I feel like crying?!

 

Baekhyun grimaced, why was Luhan suddenly acting so weird? He followed Luhan's stare, turning around and spotted the two boys who were now seated beside each other, two tables away, chatting. He turned back to Luhan who was looking down at his untouched food, biting his lips.

 

…What…Is wrong with him….? Baekhyun thought, looking worriedly at the boy who looked like he was about to cry in any second. He turned again towards Sehun and his friend(?) who were happily eating, You should smile more often, he thought, staring at Sehun. It was not a big smile, his lips were lightly upwards, but still, this was the first time ever that Baekhyun saw him smile.

 

Still staring at Sehun, he didn’t hear Luhan get up.

 

"I’ll go to the next class…" Baekhyun abruptly turned his head at Luhan's barely audible voice. "I’ll wait for you there," Luhan said,  trying his best to mask his dejected tone but obviously, failing. Not like his best friend could be fooled that easily anyway.

 

Confused, Baekhyun nodded, lost in his thoughts. He watched Luhan leave the cafeteria with his head hanging low.

 

Baekhyun was perturbed. Four years of friendship and this was the first time he saw his best friend act like that. He had seen Luhan feeling down and out before, but Luhan feeling down and refusing to tell him anything? No, no.

 

He turned to the two boys again, watching them intently. He frowned, He couldn’t be... He thought about how Luhan had always been the kind of person to watch dramas, liking cute things, waiting for the perfect person to enter his life. Baekhyun smiled fondly. Luhan was that cheesy…

 

The perfect person for Luhan would be someone tall, handsome, with a smile that could melt anyone. That was what he told Baekhyun.

 

Someone tall...

 

Baekhyun was still staring at Sehun.

 

Handsome...

 

Deep in thoughts, he frowned slightly, he couldn't be...

 

Smile that could melt anyone...

 

 

Wait.



 

Tall and handsome with a smile that could melt anyone?



 

His eyes widened, No seriously it can’t be… He stared at Sehun with eyes wide, mouth agape. He wondered how the boy hadn't noticed him already. Tall...handsome... that was exactly Luhan's type! And now that he thought about it, he narrowed his eyes. They’d actually make a great couple.



 

...



 

Baekhyun groaned whilst turning away. Great, now I’ll have to deal with a deer in love...


 

Great,


 

Just Great.



 

He smirked,



 

Sounds fun though.

 

 

 



Beta-readed by Tofumaniac, thank you!