08

Always

 

 

 

It was almost noon her tummy grumbled, she played the pen on her fingers, listening to the teacher talking in front. Lecturing mathematics, he traced the green board with his chalk, writing mathematical equations and explaining how to solve each problem. She stopped playing her pen and started copying the writings on the board. Their teacher gave them a sample problem to let them solve on their own. She tries solving, tapping her scientific calculator and,


 

BAM!


 

The eraser was thrown passing above her head, three centimeters close almost hitting her. She winced back in shock. It felt like matrix. Except she wasn’t bending back in ninety degrees avoiding bullets like in the movie.


 

It was cool. But still it startled her, it happened so sudden without a warning.


 

The eraser hit the guy who was sleeping at class. It made him surprised and woke up from his sleep. He slowly raised his head and rubbed his eyes, as the chalk dust was visible on his head. He blinked.


 

Teachers don’t want their students disrespectfully sleeping in class. There is a right place and right time for the student should be sleeping, that should suppose to be at home and not in school. School is a place for learning, not sleeping.


 

Kim Jongin! If you want to sleep in my class then go to hell!” Their teacher raised his voice and pointed his index finger at him.


 

The room was filled with silence. All of his classmates’ eyes were glued at him in shock, including Taeyeon, who was almost hit by the flying eraser. She sighed in relief; she thought the thrown eraser was meant for her.


 

Jongin sat properly; he lowered his head down in embarrassment.


 

Get out!”


 

He didn’t move. He stayed on his seat, still looking at the floor.


 

I said you get out!” His teacher raised his voice, pointing his fingers at the door.


 

Jongin immediately rose from his seat, still lowering his head in embarrassment, as he went out of the classroom. Their teacher glared at him horridly until he disappeared from his sight. He sighed deeply as he massaged his nose bridge.


 

Where was I? Ahh right..” He continued his lecture.


 

Taeyeon looked back at her notes and writes again. That kid… She shook her head in disbelief.


 

• • •


 

[Bell Ringing]


 

The class was finished, they stood up and bowed to their teacher in respect as they were dismissed. All of them went out of their classroom for their lunch break. Taeyeon was so damn hungry she opened the door and rushed out of the classroom, running through the corridor; making a left turn.


 

By the time she made a turn, she accidentally bumped someone making a bit strong impact, hitting each others’ chest. Both of them fell on the floor.


 

"Ooof!"


 

Some students were looking at them while passing. But they don’t mind helping both of them, it was their problem, all of them were so hungry to mind them anyway. Taeyeon shook her head and stands on her feet, shoving the dust off her skirt. She helped the girl rise, grabbing her hands, she pulled her to stand up.


 

I’m so sorry I didn’t see you coming” Taeyeon helped the girl dusting off her skirt and checked her if she’s not hurt. “Are you hurt?”


 

The girl shook her head. “It’s ok. I’m good” She smiled brightly.

The girl was indeed pretty, it somewhat attracted Taeyeon’s attention.

Sorry for being…uhh clumsy.” The girl smiled awkwardly.

It’s ok no need to be sorry. This place is an accident bumping prone area anyway.” She chuckled.

I-I guess so” Taeyeon scratched her nape, she smirked.

I-I need to go now. Bye”

B-bye” Taeyeon grins.


 

The girl turned around and walked in the crowd. Taeyeon also turned to the opposite direction and was about to step a small cute panda phone strap on the floor. She halted and picked it up. She examined the strap and looked back, but the girl can no longer be seen in the corridor. She just kept it in her pocket and dragged her feet down the stairs, heading to the cafeteria.


 

She realized she forgot her hunger for those few minutes of encounter.


 

She smiled.


 

• • •


 

The long haired milky skinned girl stands near at the glass window, as she was holding the mop, leaning her chin on the edge of the handle. She was cutely pouting and spacing out; staring at the bottom view of the school ground. She runs her fingers on her bangs as she fixed her Burnt-Brown colored hair. She reached her phone in her pocket and checked at the time. She realized she lost her panda phone strap. She looked around the classroom, searching for it under her desk, inside her bag and on the floor. But her panda phone strap cannot be found. She scoffed in defeat and sat on her seat; frowning. She snapped out and remembered she bumped her this lunch.


 

Taeyeon’s face vividly registered inside her thoughts; she blushed.


 

Ya! Why are you smiling like a fool? Start moping the floor” Her classmate approached her, holding a feather duster in her hand; pointing it at her.

It’s nothing─“

What nothing? You looked like you saw your crush!” She smirked.

What?! Of course not!” She looked at the opposite direction, avoiding her friend’s eye contacts; she flushed.

Do you want me to get a mirror for you?” She gave her a mirror to check her face on it.

Who! T-that’s not me!” She pushed the mirror away from her.

Ya! Shim Minri, do you want to get hit by a mirror? Ahh really, this girl~” She chuckled.

Minri bit her lower lips, holding her phone in a tight grip. She looked back at her friend.

I lost my phone strap.”

So? Let’s find it.”

I know where it is.” She moves her eyes back at the window, looking at the students outside.

You lost it and you know where it is? You’re not making any sense.” She folded her arms and raised her right eyebrow.

I bumped her this lunch.”

Who’s her?”

Kim Taeyeon” Minri turned her head down, she flushed again.

Is she that cute sunbaemin?”

Minri nods.

The one who’s skin is so milky like you?”

Nods.

The one who looks like a grade school student?”

Nods.

Do you have a crush on her?” She looked at Minri directly in the eyes.


 

She almost nods but the question surprised her. “Huh?! N-no, of course I’m not! What are you talking about Sooyoung?” She groaned.


 

Minri it’s possible you know, especially today’s generation” Sooyoung shot back.


 

Yeah right” She shook her head and continues mopping the floor. She was surprise of Sooyoung’s quick catch; she didn’t expect that she’s that obvious. Crushing a girl is not new, it’s totally normal to appreciate their looks. It’s like you envy their cuteness and beauty because you also wanted to be pretty like them. But Minri was also pretty and cute. Its impossible people around are not attracted by her beauty and intelligence. She’s good at class, she participates well and aces in test. She’s not y nor did she fight anyone in the campus.


 

Was she not aware she’s one of the campus crush?


 

Kim Taeyeon.” She muttered her name in her soft pink lips.