11

Always

 

 

 

The cute petite girl wearing periwinkle tee and shorts was standing on the side of the Songcheul Times Square fountain. Folding her arms, she tapped her index finger on her biceps. She sighed heavily.


 

Taeyeon sunbaemin are you alright?” Minri asked in concern.

Oh. I'm ok. It's just... I'm sorry if she took so long.”

It's ok sunbaemin. I don't mind waiting here with you.”


 

Taeyeon smiled in relief and pinched her left cheek lightly. Minri's cheeks turned rosy pink as she smiles at her sunbae.


 

Sorry! Sorry! I'm so sorry!” The girl in brunette hair run towards them, huffing as she was catching her breath. She holds her chest and breathes heavily. She looked like she joined a 250-meter-dash.

So much for being punctual—”


 

Tiffany steps on Taeyeon's foot purposely and smiles at her hoobae pretending nothing happened. Her face was obviously in pain, she wanted to curse but she held it inside and just smiled.


 

Minri laughs seeing her two sunbae acting funny.


 

Stop complaining and introduce me to YOUR DATE” Tiffany looks at Minri again, and smiles gingerly. It made Minri's face flushed when she heard 'your date' from her sunbae.


 

Taeyeon glares at Tiffany and gritted her teeth. She didn't expect Tiffany would be teasing their hoobae. She started introducing her.


 

Minri, this is—“

Tiffany. I'm HER MOST LOVING BESTFRIEND.”

R-right...What she just said...” Taeyeon clears before continuing. “Tiff, this is—“

Cutie hoobae Minri. I know. I saw her name in your contacts.” Tiffany started teasing again. She smiled at Minri showing off her adorable asset, her eyesmile.

Nice meeting you Minri.”

Nice meeting you too Tiffany sunbaemin.” Minri bows at her politely; still flushing.


 

Taeyeon felt the awkwardness that Tiffany was giving. It makes her wanna punch coconut trees. She didn't understand why Tiffany is acting that way. For Taeyeon it was pretty annoying. She just face palmed herself from the awkward situation. Maybe she expected this was going to happen but why did she even bother agreeing going to a double date. This wasn't really a good idea after all. She's starting to regret this day and cursed in her thoughts.


 

So where's the dude?” Taeyeon asked.

You mean BOYFRIEND?” Tiffany smirked.

Yeah whatever.”

He'll be here any min—“ Tiffany saw her boyfriend from a far and waved at him. “He's here.”


 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes.


 

Minri was just observing her sunbaes; she just kept quiet on Taeyeon's side. Taeyeon touched her back and whispered.


 

Sorry, we're usually like this but more intense when there's no one around.”


 

I understand Taeyeon sunbaemin. Bestfriends do that sort of things, so its just normal.” She smiled at her sunbaemin, reassuring her that she's alright with the situation. She understands well, it made Taeyeon awed by her maturity and cuteness. She pinches Minri's cheeks lightly; she chuckled at her for being so adorable.


 

Tiffany keep stealing glances at them. The guy just arrived she started introducing him.


 

I would like you to meet my most loving—“ She looks directly at Tayeon. “BOYFRIEND.”


 

The guy waved at them. “I'm Seheun, nice to meet you two” He smiled at them.


 

Taeyeon's face didn't show any interest she just nods.


 

Seheun oppa, this is Taeyeon...” She paused for a second. “This is Minri, a hoobae.”

Nice to meet you Seheun sunbaemin.” Minri bows politely.

Nice meeting you too” Seheun smiled and holds Tiffany's hands. “Shall we go?”

Sure!” Tiffany replied enthusiastically as they started walking.


 

Taeyeon looks at their hands holding each other. She looks at Minri and smiled.


 

Take my hand.”

Minri looks at her, blushing.

Don't be shy.”

Minri holds shyly on her hands, Taeyeon intertwines her fingers to hers.

Let's go.” Taeyeon and Minri started to walk.


 

Both of the couples entered the mall.


 

Seheun and Tiffany were looking at the couple items in the store, looking so sweet. They hold hands while choosing for a 'couple it item'. Taeyeon kept stealing glances , she looked back at Minri who was busy looking at the cute items.


 

Couple phone straps are cute, right?”

Minri nods while looking at it.

Let's buy one!” Taeyeon started choosing. “Hmmm... how-about-this? Taeyeon picked the mickey mouse and mini mouse couple strap. She showed it to her hoobae.

It's cute.”

Let's but this.”

Taeyeon sunbaemin, I'll pay for it.”

No, let me pay for this.” She smiles and pats her head.


 

• • •


 

So what will we watch?” Taeyeon asked.

How about Hunger Games 2?” Tiffany suggested.

Cool. Nice pick baby.” Seheun kisses Tiffany on the forehead, she looks at Taeyeon—She clears loudly. “Minri, would you like to watch Hunger Games 2?”

I've seen the first movie. It's a good plot.”

Taeyeon face palmed herself. “So I guess I'm the only one who haven't seen the first movie . Anyway let's just watch it.”


 

Taeyeon and Seheun fall in line to buy tickets for the movie while Tiffany and Minri were left at the back waiting. Tiffany spoke first to break the silence.


 

So... How's Taeyeon? Is she treating you well?

Taeyeon sunbaemin is really kind...and sweet.”

Oh really?” Tiffany raised her eyebrow. “How long have you been dat—“

We bought the tickets.” Seheun approached him, cutting Tiffany's conversation with Minri.

Hey— Minri and I will be buying food and drinks.” Taeyeon holds Minri's hands, intertwining their fingers. Tiffany looks at them.

Taeyeon buy me hotdogs and—“

Buy on your own Hwang.” Taeyeon shot back.

Tiffany's thick brows began to gather in the middle, she gritted her teeth and clenched her hands.

Fine!” She groaned. “Baby let's buy our food.” She reprimanded.


 

Seheun keeps texting on his phone, not paying any attention to her. Tiffany pulled her clothes lightly to get his attention.


 

Oh sorry, I was texting my mom.”

L-let's.. just buy something to eat” Tiffany starts to get irritated, she walks first leaving behind Seheun.

Baby wait!”


 

• • •


 

The couples went inside the cinema , finding a good spot to sit. They looked at the most back part, but all of the seats were already taken. They looked for available seats and luckily the middle seats were free. So they decided to sit there. Seheun walks first followed by Tiffany, Taeyeon and Minri. Tiffany's pace was so slow it irritated Taeyeon because they were already 10 minutes late. Thanks to the 'TiffHeun couple' who can't even decide what to buy. It took them 20 minutes to finalize their decisions om buying food.


 

Taeyeon pushed Tiffany to make her hurry.


 

Ugh! Can't you wait?!”

Hwang faster! We're blocking the view here.”

Ok wait, wait. It's difficult to walk this narrow path. I'm wearing a fit mini skirt.”

It's your problem!”

I'm going, I'm going. Geez!”


 

Taeyeon held Minri's hand and lead the way passing every people sitting. The couples settled down in their seats.


 

Tiffany slapped Taeyeon's arm. “You're so noisy.”

You were so slow. We're already 10 minutes late and we're blocking the view.”

Sorry ok?”

Pfft!” Taeyeon elbowed Tiffany lightly, accidentally hitting her .

Ow my y! What did I do now? What's wrong with you?!”

Quiet!” Taeyeon opens the popcorn and passed it to Minri.

Thank you sunbaemin.”


 

Tiffany watches them and she pats Taeyeon's hand. “Do you want a bite of my hotdog?”


 

Taeyeon shook her hand as a gesture of saying no. She opens the can of Coke and gives it to Minri.


 

Sunbaemin, thank you.. you know I can open it on my own.”

"It's ok." She smiled.

Tiffany offers Taeyeon a drink. “You want soda?”

Taeyeon ignored her.

Fine!” She leaned her back on the seat and rolled her eyes. She gave her soda to her boyfriend.


 

• • •


 

In the middle of the movie, Tiffany stood up from her seat. Seheun holds her wrist.


 

Baby, where are you going?” He asked.

Just..” She gestured her hand. “Going to pee” He lets her go and nods. Tiffany passed by Taeyeon and Minri, stealing glances at them. She went out of the cinema and went inside the comfort room.


 

Taeyeon shots the popcorn inside and stood up. I'll be back, just going to pee” Minri nods.


 

• • •


 

Tiffany opens the door and found nobody's inside the the comfort room. She washed her hands and looked at her reflection in the mirror; fixing her hair. The door creaked as it swung opened. Tiffany looks at the mirror and saw Taeyeon standing behind her.


 

I thought you were going to pee.” Taeyeon started.

I am.” Tiffany started to walk going inside the cubicle, but Taeyeon grabbed her hand.

Is there something wrong?” Taeyeon asked.

Something wrong?” She scoffed, brushing Taeyeon's hand off her. “I don't know. What's wrong with you?”

I asked first!” She raised her voice.

My oh my, raising voice are we?”

Taeyeon sighed. “Sorry.” She massaged her nose bridge. “Hwang, what's with you? You're so irritating today”

So are you.” Tiffany shot back, looking at her with angry eyes.

Taeyeon raised her eyebrow in confusion. “ME?” She pointed herself.

Yes. YOU!”

Ok, Tiff. I know you're not like this—“

You're the one who's not like THAT! Why are you so cocky? Ignoring your bestfriend—“

I'm not ignoring you—completely...”

So you're really ignoring me on purpose!?” Tiffany exhaled heavily. “Ah right you already have you're cutie hoobae. Oh wait. GIRLFRIEND to be exact.”

What girlfriend?” Taeyeon frowns her eyebrows.

...” Tiffany didn't reply, she shifts her eyes on the floor avoiding Taeyeon's eyes.

She's not. Ok?...Tiff, Why are you like this?” Taeyeon is too confused with Tiffany acting this way. Her bestfriend told her to move on from her and now she's acting like she's jealous. It's getting in her nerves like she wants to cry in anger. She bit her lower lips to hold her tears.

I hate you Kim Taeyeon!” Tiffany swiftly moved towards Taeyeon and hugged her tight, burying her face on Taeyeon's neck as her arms were wrapped around her neck.

Taeyeon's eyes widened as she felt the sudden hugged given by her bestfriend. She felt butterflies in her stomach. She didn't even blink for a second. She was totally shock.

I hate you...” Tiffany pressed her body more against Taeyeon. “Stop acting cold on me...”

I...I was not” Taeyeon replied.

You are...”


 

Taeyeon keep reading the situation, yet she can't still understand what's happening to her bestfriend. Her conviction is telling her that Tiffany might be really jealous of her hoobae, but she didn't even do it on purpose to make her jealous. It would be so rude to neglect Minri and focus her attention on Tiffany. Well in fact Tiffany already has boyfriend to give her all the attention she needed. What does Tiffany want more than that? She had it already.


 

Tiffany, don't be selfi—“


 

I keep looking at you, smiling at you yet you won't even look or smile at me for a bit.” She paused. “Why won't you look at me? I want you to look only at me...” She closed her eyes and bit her lips. Taeyeon put down Tiffany's hands around her neck and held her left hand. She smooth her right hand, touching her cheek.


 

Tiff...” She sighed. “You don't make any sense. I don't really understand you. Stop doing this to me. Stop it already” She pressed her forehead on Tiffany's forehead as she wraps her arms around her waist. “I'm begging you Tiff. Please. Stop.”


 

The door suddenly open and the girl froze in her step. Both of them startled and broke their embrace. The atmosphere became awkward. None of them initiated to talk first, they keep avoiding their gazes.


 

I-I'm sorry. Excuse my rudeness sunbaenim” Minri bows at them and proceeds to walk inside the cubicle to do her thing. She would not have gone into that scene if her bladder wasn't going to explode. She badly needs to pee at the moment.


 

I-I'll go now...” Tiffany index finger pointing the door.


 

Taeyeon noded.


 

• • •


 

Five minutes later she knocks on Minri's cubicle.


 

Minri, you can come out now”


 

The sound of the door lock clicked as Minri unlocks the door getting out of the cubicle. She looks at Taeyeon shyly, avoiding her gaze.


 

Stop being shy.” Taeyeon cupped her face. “I should be the one who's supposed to be shy. Sorry for the trouble.”

...”

Hey, what's wrong?” Taeyeon asked in concern.

Huh? Nothing it's just..”

Taeyeon can obviously see it in Minri's face that she's confused and wanted to ask something.“It's ok. You can ask me though”

Do you usually fight?”

Most of the time.” Taeyeon answered.

"Do you usually do that stuff?" Minri was careful with her words.


 

"..." Taeyeon didn't answer, she's not sure on how to answer Minri's question. Usually when they fight they raised teir voices and argue more and sometimes their fight leads to hugging intensely, and looking at each other's orbs intensely. But there were times that they just kissed. It came from no where. No one can explain that kissing thing. Kissing Tiffany just makes Taeyeon's head burst into confusion. Everytime they kiss, Taeyeon assumes that Tiffany is looking at her differently. But it turns out that she's just doing it like it's just nothing. Oh sure, they are bestfriends. And some bestfriends kiss. But for Taeyeon, she doesn't want kissing to be just their game thing. She wanted more to it.


 

Well... Do you like Tiffany sunbaemin?”


 

Taeyeon did not answer. Minri quite amused her for asking that question. Maybe she expected that Minri will ask her that question someday, and that someday was today. Minri may be a hoobae but she thinks and acts mature on her age. Taeyeon even thinks Minri thinks wisely than she does. She admires that kid.


 

Sorry...” Minri apologized.

"It's ok... I said you could ask, remember?" Taeyeon smiled a little. She inhles heavily before she could asnwer. “Yes. I like her”

I know.”

Am I really that obvious?”

Not so. But when I looked at in your eyes, it just tell..”

I see...” Taeyeon said softly.

I guess I can't compete against her.”

Taeyeon's eyes widens, she was surprised of what her hoobae just said.

Obviously I can't win against Tiffany sunbaenim...” She looks directly at Taeyeon. “But. I'm willing to try, Taeyeon sunbaemin.”

Minri. No. I... I don't want to hurt you. Moreover I don't want to feel obligated or maybe used you as her substitute just because she doesn't want me...” She frowned, her voice was sad. She was totally feeling stupid right now.

Don't feel obligated. I don't even mind you using me. I'm determined to own you when she dumps you.” Minri's face was less cuter, it became so serious. Her eyes were determined and truthful to every words she says.

She already dumped me many times just to let you know.”

Not completely.”

What do you mean?”

Minri didn't answer she just smiled at Taeyeon.

That day, it was the first day Taeyeon saw the other side of Minri. Not just a cute and attractive hoobae, but a person who's determine to give herself just for her sunbae. It surprises her that a hoobae like Minri would act this way. They were totally different. After watching movie they went home separately. Seheun called a cab, he opened the door for Tiffany and both of them went inside. Taeyeon did not ask her if where she was going. She already got hint of where they will be heading. She holds Minri's hands and waited for the bus stop.


 

I'll take you to your house.”

You don't have to.”

I feel obligated this time. I'm your sunbae.”

True. But. Do you know I'm old enough to go home on my own?”

Of course. Just let me take you home. I want you home safe, Minri.”

I understand.” She holds Taeyeon's hand tighter. She has nothing to say. Words are really not that need all the time. You just have to shut and feel the blissful moment.

Minri.”

Yes?”

Please don't assume.”

I understand Taeyeon sunbaemin.” She looked at her sunbae and smiled at her. It wasn't a fake smile. She really accepts and understands Taeyeon.


 

I hope I would really fall for you.


 

• • •


 

It was break time in noon. Students are like hungry wolves dragging their feet in pack going to the cafeteria. Making their line to buy food is their priority. As for the two, they don't want to battle themselves like one of the crowd. They bought drinks in the vending machine instead of food. They are not that hungry anyway. All they need is fresh air and peacefulness.


 

So are you dating Minri?” Jongin asked Taeyeon while sipping his cup of juice. She didn't pay much attention because she was busy replying anonymous messages.

Hmm?” Taeyeon raised her brows but didn't left her eyes on her phone.

I said are you dating Minri?” He asked again.

Of course not.”

So you're texting other chicks besides Minri? You playgirl.” He grins.

I was wondering how these people know my number in fact I didn't even give my number to anyone...but...” Taeyeon paused and glared at Jongin. “You!”

What?”

you.”

I'm sorry ok? I should have asked you first but I know you wouldn't agree and I think you really have to move on from Hwang” He reasoned.


 

Do you know it's bothersome to reply them? Last time there were five unknown numbers! And now more numbers are texting me! Who the hell are these people!?” Taeyeon asked, she was getting irritated. It has been a week since those numbers were bugging her to go on eyeball or dates. But she kindly refused all the invitations. One time there was a text message who asked her to have one night stand. She immediately blocked that number.


 

Do you know someone texted me lewd stuff and I really have to block her. Where did you even get their numbers in the first place and you Jongin, why did you gave my number?!” She punched Jongins arm.


 

Those were noonas, gay noonas I met at the bar... And I think you feel so dry and you need to have a lif—“ She punched him again.

Ouch! I'm sorry, ok?!” He smoothed his arm to make the pain go away.

life your .”

Why not? It's normal, right?”

For some... I haven't tried it yet ok? So don't force me. There is the right time. I don't wanna do it with someone else”

How about Hwang?”

Ew.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes, she groaned.

Yeah right, ew my Taeyeon. I bet you really want to touch her so badly—“ Jongin gestured his hands like groping s.

Shut up! I don't ok? I'm not like you who just like ing a lot!”

I don't anymore! I've changed!” He put his cup down on the floor and crush it with foot.

Since when?” Taeyeon raised her brows.

Since. Since... Just... that ok?”


 

Taeyeon laughed at Jongin and shook her head.


 

Jongin I know both of you are back together.” Taeyeon's statement made Jongin surprised, he frowns his brows while looking at Taeyeon.

How—“


 

I'm quick in getting it.” She pointed her temple. “Minri told me you've been visiting their class. Why is that? Ah, right. Because of Do Kyungoo, am I wrong?” She smirked.


 

K fine. You win. Yes we're back. I cried. I begged. I showed him the new me. Less touch, more love. Happy?” He sighed.


 

Good to hear that Jongay” He pats his back and rose from the bleacher, going near the edge of the roof top. She looked below the ground. “I'm happy for you. Really” She showed him a genuine smile.


 

Tae. I want you to find your happiness too.” He stood up and approached Taeyeon. “Really.” He slightly poked Taeyeon's forehead.


 

Don't worry. I will.”


 

• • •


 

The chattering noise stopped when they heard the loud slam. The classroom became silent and finally all of them shut their mouths and paid attention to their adviser.


 

Listen, we'll be having a three days educational field trip. I would like you to give these parents consent and let your parents sign if they agree or not.”


 

Another chatter of excitement filling the room up.Their teacher slamed her hands on the table to silence her student.


 

Please. Please. Please. Don't lie to your parents. I'll be able to know if you lie to them 'cos we'll be contacting them. And by the way, don't worry asking for the amount because the fee is included in the tuition already. Just bring your pocket money. Gosh, you're all gonna be seniors soon so please don't be hard headed in our firld trip will you?


 

Yes Ms. Jeong.” They answered.

Phew! Good to hear that. But I'm still expecting hard headed students in this trip, but please do minimize?”

Yes Ms. Jeong” In synchronized answer.

Ms. Jeong made a big sigh and dismissed her students.

Taeyeon was packing her stuff inside her bag and suddenly the girl tapped her back.


 

Hey.”

Hey.”

Let's go home together?” Tiffany smiled a bit.

Taeyeon zipped her bag and carry it. “Let's.”


 

• • •


 

They walked by foot going home. Tiffany keep her pace being at Taeyeon's side, walking on the side walk. She breathes.


 

Unusual.”

What unusual?”

You agreed going home together with me. Today.” Tiffany smiled.

I don't have anything to do anyway.” She steal her glance.

How about Jongin?”


 

He has something to do anyway” Taeyeon knows Jongin is with Kyungsoo. She doesn't want to tell Tiffany that despite being bestfriends with her. She kept her promise not to tell anyone about his gayness, even though Tiffany is open with that. How could not Tiffany be open with that subject. She knows Taeyeon likes her more than a bestfriend.


 

Why didn't you go home with your Minri?”


 

Taeyeon stoped walking. Tiffany stoped her pace too.


 

Why should I take her home?” She sighed. “If you're thinking we are like that. We're not.”


 

Taeyeon continued walking.


 

Tiffany walked beside her. “Why not?”

Should I tell you why?”

Duhh I thought I'm your bestfriend”

You are!”

Then tell me!”

I already told you.” She keep her voice calm.

What?”

Oh my poop Tiffany, she's a hoobae. I'm so not hitting on her”

She's cute.”

She is.”

She's your type.”

Whatever you say.” Taeyeon doesn't want to argue more. Sometimes Tiffany gets in ger nerves for these kind of arguments. If she competes with her there's no point of winning anyway.


 

They stopped on the intersection. Their house is in different direction but the distance isn't that far. It can be walked by foot for 15 minutes.


 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany and asked her. “Do you want me to walk you..home?”


 

Tiffany shook her head.


 

Ok then... See you on Monday?” Taeyeon was bout to turn around but Tiffany held her hnd.

Taetae...”

Tateon looked back. “Hmm?”

D-Dad won't be home for a week. Can I stay in your house?”

Why not?”

I have to ask permission you know...” She paused. “I'll ask your mom to sign the parents consent for me. Since dad...” She stopped speaking. Taeyeon put her index finger on Tiffany's lips. Her cheeks gone slightly pink.

I understand no need to explain. Before going home let's eat ice cream shall we?” Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany's hand and went to the nearest ice cream store in their neighorhood.


 

Tiffany smiled happily.


 

• • •


 

Wow this will be the longest days I'll be spending with you.” Tiffany happily unpacks her clothes in her bag.

Put your clothes here in the empty drawer.” Taeyeon paused. “And also your ” She laughed.

Ya!” Tiffany blushes from wht Taeyeon said. “Sometimes I'm scared of you being ert you know.” She joked.

Taeyeon didn't reply she just keep her silence. She took Tiffany's joke seriously.

I was just joking Taeyeon...” She got closer to her bringing her clothes to put in the drawer. “You know that” It was in deed a bad joke.

Taeyeon scoffed. “Just to let you know I never ever tried peeking on you. Ever.” She made a dorky face to make the atmosphere not so weird.

Ya! That face again!”

Do you know when you sleep your face shows like this.” Taeyeon made another derp face in front of Tiffany, trying to .

Ya!” Tiffany pounced her on Taeyeon's face. It made Taeyeon winced back.

Ya! Gross! Don't mke me eat your ! Ew!” She put her tongue out and acting like she was about to puke. “Seriously Fany-ah.. what the hell”


 

Both of them laughed. It was a good day for both of them. This time they didn't argue much.


 

• • •


 

The room was filled with darkness. Not a single spec of light is visible. She felt felt cold. She adjusted her position and grabbed the sheet to cover herself but she felt someone was on her side. She remembered Tiffany was sleeping with her. She the dim light abover her right side. She wanted to see Tiffany's face sleeping peacefully under the sheet. Her left leg was halfly shown. Taeyeon pulled the sheet to cover it on Tiffany.


 

She moved facing Taeyeon, looking at her angelic face. She Brushed her bangs and leaned down to peck her forehead. Tiffany scooted on Taeyeon, uncontiously groping her waist.


 

• • •


 

Morning came and the light passed through the window touching her face. Her eyes twitch for a couple of seconds before she completely opens them. She felt slightly heavy. She looked at the person beside her. Taeyeon was groping her and her foot was rested on her legs. She looked at her bestfriend sleeping. She stared at her and traced her nose to her jaw line.


 

Taeyeon felt a bit ticklish. She moved a bit. Tiffany continued tracing her jaw line. She traced her index finger on her lips and stopped. She stared at it.


 

She unconciously leaned down slowly.


 

She stopped.


 

She realized her face was an inch near Taeyeon's.


 

She pulled back.


 

Suddenly She felt a hand on her arm, pulling her. She landed on Taeyeon's chest as she feels the warm hug around her.


 

Taetae?”

What time is it?” Taeyeon spoked groggily.

It's...” Tiffany lifted her head to look at the clock. But Taeyeon pulled her back on her chest.

It's stil early...and cold. Let's go back to sleep.”

Tiffany shrugged in Taeyeon's arms.

Taetae?... You know I'm heavy, right?”

...”

Taetae...”

Go back to sleep.” She opened her one eye to peek on the wall clock. “It's...5:40am. See? Still early. Sleep.”

Tiffany didn't argue. She slowly closed her eyes nad breathes calmly as she clenched Taeyeon's shirt and slowly drifted back to sleep.


 

Taetae... Why? Why do you make me feel this way?...Why?