Roommate

Tales That Never Came To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Sooyeon stood in front of a closed door with a set of keys in one hand and the handle of a big yellow suitcase in another. She breathed in heavily, out of breath from having carried her heavy, bulky bags up 3 flights of stairs. Her heart raced; however, it was not only because of the physical exertion, but also because in front of her, with only a wooden door separating them was her future, the next four years of her life. Questions and uncertainties passed through her mind but she quickly dismissed them; there’s no use dwelling on her past anymore. And now she was here. In her new dorm of her new university. Sooyeon closed her eyes and took a deep breath to calm herself. It was time to turn over a new leaf and to start a new chapter in her life, for the better or for the worse. Hoping that fate would be on her side, she unlocked the door and stepped into her new home, preparing to greet her new roommate.

 

And she was struck by the sight that she had never expected.

 

Sooyeon looked around the room. At the pink wallpaper on the other side of the room. At the various hip-hop CDs, stuffed toys, and dirty clothes that were scattered all over the worktable, chairs, and the rug. Then at her roommate’s dizzyingly pink and princessy bed and lastly at her own, expecting it to be empty as well. But how wrong she was. A pair of unfocused black eyes peered back into her own dark brown ones, not breaking away from the stare until someone else stole the attention of both girls.

 

“AH! F-fany-ah, s-stop!” The girl with the black eyes and tanned skin suddenly shouted and pushed away the brunette who was straddling her. The brunette ended up falling off the bed while the tanned girl quickly hid her body with the blanket deposited beside her.

 

“What the hell, Yuri?!” The brunette demanded, picking herself up from the floor and glaring at the said girl. She followed her line of vision and finally saw the newcomer, still standing frozen at the entrance.

 

The frown on the brunette’s face disappeared immediately and a big smile broke out across her face.

 

“HEY! You must be my new roommate!”

 

Sooyeon stared again, but this time at the girl who was standing in front of her, proud and shameless only in her nearly glory, not seeming to mind (unlike her partner) that she was caught in the act. Sooyeon’s mind worked to process what she just saw while her eyes scrutinized ‘Fany’ from the crown of her head, down the length of her curvy voluptuous body that was merely covered by her hot pink lacy lingerie, to her baby-pink painted toenails.

 

“Nice to meet you. I’m Tiffany Hwang!” The girl walked towards Sooyeon with a hand outstretched.

 

Sooyeon’s eyes hardened as she approached closer and for every step forward, she took one backwards. She felt disappointment in the pit of her stomach and anger in her clenched fists. She looked around the messy room once again, which only added fuel to the fire of frustration and the bile rising in , and her eyes landed on Yuri.

 

“Hey, you ok?” Sooyeon heard Tiffany ask. The brunette had stopped merely a foot away from her and was looking at her concernedly, her hand still outstretched in greeting.

 

“What were you doing on my bed?! Get out! Right NOW!” Sooyeon went around Tiffany, making sure not to touch her, and shouted angrily at both of them. Yuri immediately sprang out of bed and dashed out of the room in fear with the white blanket billowing like a flag behind her while Tiffany remained standing unaffected and defiant with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

 

Sooyeon fixed her glare on her, but faltered slightly when the latter’s surprised expression turned into a smirk.

 

“FYI, this is my room too,” Tiffany coolly replied before turning away towards her big closet, “Oh, welcome to your new life… with me.”

 

Sooyeon was flabbergasted. She will not allow it. She will not allow this to be her new life. She will not be Tiffany’s roommate. She turned around and stalked o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter