Chapter 22

Tutor Wars

Sehun is still rather mortified from that night.

 

    He is not the clubbing type; in fact, the only reason he went that time was because Jongin and his other friends wheedled him into going.

 

Of course, the only time he does go, he ends up getting to 2nd base with Lee Suyeon. And has to play Dr. Phil for her and her best friend Mirae.

 

Fantastic.     

 

    He was planning on avoiding Suyeon for at least a few months, so that they could both forget about that embarrassing incident.

 

    But how is he standing in front of Suyeon’s house right now, waiting for her to come out, so that they can go to some stupid Halloween dance?

 

    “If she doesn’t come out within the next 5 minutes, I’m leaving,” Sehun swears, tugging at his stiff, uncomfortable shirt. This is ridiculous. Why did he ever agree to this-

 

The door opens. Suyeon steps out.

 

His jaw drops. “Guh,” he utters, his face morphing into a half-baked expression.

 

She is wearing a sleek, champagne-colored dress that comes up just above her knees. Her hair is pinned up in an updo, just a few tendrils of curled auburn hair framing her face. Suyeon looks like a princess- no, a queen. Sehun does not even attempt to close his mouth as she glides over to his Lamborghini, her beautiful brown eyes staring straight at him-

 

“What the are you looking at?” she snaps.

 

“Nothing,” Sehun coughs, rubbing his nose. “Uh, get in.”

 

“Thanks for agreeing to this,” Suyeon says as she slides into the front seat. “As promised, Mirae and I will let you have half the customers in the Daegu area for a week.”

 

“A week?”

 

Suyeon groans. “2 weeks.”

 

“That’s it?”

 

“Shut up, I’m hot!” Suyeon exclaims. “You’re enjoying the advantage in this situation anyway.”

 

“You made us dress up in a couple outfit as a Disney prince and princess,” Sehun whines. “How is this an advantage for me?”

 

“3 more hours and we’ll be done,” Suyeon huffs.

 

 

“By the way, I want to know why your friend is so obsessed with Jongin,” he adds. “They’ve been hanging out, you know.”

 

Suyeon blinks in surprise. “What? Really?”

 

“Yeah. It’s weird. My sources tell me that they went to a cake shop or something together.”

 

    “Wow. I haven’t really talked to Mirae in a while, so I guess she didn’t get the chance to tell me that. Also, what are your sources?”

 

    “That’s a secret.”

 

    Suyeon gives Sehun a look.

 

    When they arrive at school, every single person in the vicinity is staring at Sehun’s expensive car... and then Sehun, when he steps out.

 

    “Suyeon, who is this hottie?” Jihae (who is dressed in a definitely-not-school-appropriate maid outfit) hisses in her ear when they reach the building. “You never told me you had this guy on the side! Why go for Hoseok when you have-,”

 

    “We’re not a thing,” Suyeon snorts. “We just made an... agreement.”

 

    “Agreement? What sort of agreement?” Jihae double-takes at Sehun, who is stolidly standing in the corner, looking as if he is above every person in the room. “Wait a minute. He looks familiar... Suyeon, isn’t that the tutoring guy?!”

 

    Suyeon winces. “Keep your voice down. Yeah, he is.”

 

    “Why the hell are you dating the tutoring guy?”

 

    “We’re not dating! He’s just-,”

 

    “Suyeon, I’m bored,” Sehun grumbles. “You’re the one that brought me here. Entertain me.”

 

    “Alright,” Suyeon sighs, closing her eyes as Jihae emits a muffled shriek behind her.

 

    “Well, you two are obviously going to be busy tonight,” Jihae giggles. “So, uh, I’m just going to leave you guys alone. Bye! Have fun! And be safe!”

 

    “What’s her deal?” Sehun asks curiously.

 

    “It’s... never mind.”

 

    “Well, I don’t mind. She looks really hot in that maid outfit.”

 

    Suyeon rolls her eyes. “Keep your in your pants, please.”

 

    The two make their way to the large gymnasium, which is bedecked in orange-and-black streamers, glow-in-the-dark decorations, and a shining disco ball. Pop music thumps through the speakers as couples dance together, or grab fruit punch and cookies at the refreshments table.

 

    “This is actually the lamest thing I’ve ever seen,” Sehun remarks.

 

    “Stop being so negative all the time. What’s wrong with you?” Suyeon smirks. “I think we need to go on WebMD, Sehun. You might have an actual medical condition. Pessimist-itis, perhaps?”

 

    “Or maybe Gloomyphobia,” Sehun adds, laughing. “Knowing WebMD, though, it’s probably going to diagnose me with chemical pneumonia.”

 

    “So, wanna go get down and dirty?” Suyeon asks, gesturing to the dance floor. “You’ve probably had enough practice at the club.”

 

    “No I haven’t,” Sehun snaps, his ears turning red. “I told you, that was my third time going. And I thought we agreed never to speak of that day again!”

 

    Suyeon giggles. “I’m just teasing.”

 

    She is surprised. Hoseok rejected her only a week ago, but for some strange reason, she’s not that upset anymore. Suyeon finds herself laughing and socializing the whole night, having fun and not worrying a bit. This dance is great. She is unaware of Sehun staring at her, taking her joyful figure in. And smiling a little to himself.

 

    “Sehun, I’m going to get some punch, okay?” Suyeon twinkles. “Don’t miss me too much.”

 

    He tucks a piece of her hair behind her ear, grinning. “I won’t.”

 

    “Suyeon, you look hot!” someone yells in her direction, and Suyeon and Sehun exchange looks.

 

    “Better keep an eye out for me, too,” she jokes, and makes her way out of the dance floor.

 

    Suyeon has just grabbed a plastic glass when she feels someone tap her on the shoulder. “Hey-,” she chirps, turning around- but freezes when she sees who it is.

 

    “Hey, Suyeon,” Hoseok says sheepishly. “Uh... I was wondering if I could talk to you for a minute.”

 

    Panic bells are ringing in her ears. Stay calm, she commands herself, and gives Hoseok a clipped smile. “Sure,” she replies.

 

    Hoseok and Suyeon make their way out of the gymnasium. The earsplittingly loud music has been reduced to a dull throb outside the doors. Suyeon stares at her heels, not sure what to say.

 

    “I just wanted to apologize for, uh...,” Hoseok scratches the back of his neck. “I mean, I think you misunderstood something about me.”

 

    “What?” Suyeon asks quietly.

 

    “See, I’m already in a relationship.

 

    “Oh.”

 

    His cheeks turn red. “I mean... I’m in a relationship with someone you know.”

 

    She looks up. “Who?”

 

    “Well...,” Hoseok coughs. “Namjoon.”

 

    Suyeon stares at him, her eyes wide. “Oh.

 

    “Yeah.”

 

    She turns red. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry. I... I didn’t know.”

 

    “I’m sorry I was leading you on this whole time,” Hoseok apologizes. “I kind of knew that you, er, liked me. I should’ve said something, but-,”

 

    “No, no, you’re fine!” Suyeon says. “I... I thought something was wrong with me, honestly. Like you didn’t want to date me because I was missing something, but I didn’t know you were already in a relationship.”

 

    Hoseok smiles at the girl. He wants to tell her that he has been concerned about her these past few weeks, what with her drastic transformation and her rift with Mirae and his rejection of her. But he merely holds out his arms and gives her a hug.

 

    “Friends?” he asks.

 

    “Friends,” Suyeon laughs.

 

    “There you are,” a low voice says. Sehun is coldly appraising Hoseok and Suyeon. Irritation twists at his stomach. So she just left him to hug this prissy basketball boy instead? He should’ve known. Of course Suyeon was using him to make this guy jealous.

 

    But Hoseok breaks contact with Suyeon, strides over to him, and says, “Take care of her, man.”

 

    With a knowing wink, he strides back into the gymnasium.

 

    “Isn’t that the guy you like?” Sehun asks uncertainly.

 

    Suyeon considers the question for a little bit, and then shakes her head.

 

    “I think I’m starting to move on,” she responds.

 

    “Okay,” he says, looking decidedly happier. “Well, it’s 10 PM. My time is up. I guess I’ll see you around.”

 

    “Sehun?”

 

    “What?”

 

    Suyeon holds out her arms. “Thanks. Seriously. I had a lot of fun tonight. Surprisingly.”

 

    Sehun feels a huge grin spreading across his face as he saunters over to her and envelops her in a tight hug. They stay like that, together, for one second, two seconds, three seconds, an entire minute.

 

    “Suyeon?” Sehun mumbles into her ear.

 

    “Yeah?” she murmurs.

 

    “I haven’t eaten takeout in a while.”

 

    “Mhm.”

 

    “I’m probably going to order some tonight.”

 

    “That’s nice.”

 

    “Also, I have a ton of extra cashmere sweaters.”

 

    “Really?”

 

    Sehun’s face is blazing hot. He is eternally grateful that she cannot see his face. “You should, uh, you know. Come and take the sweaters. And help me finish my takeout.”

 

    “That sounds like a good plan to me,” she grins, and Sehun’s insides start doing the macarena.


A/N: Holy I am SO sorry that I haven't updated. School has been so mentally taxing, but I'm on winter break now! I will try to finish this story within a few chapters. 

I'm starting a new story called "Black Daisies". I'm actually quite excited :) 

you can sense how tired i am from my lack of caps lock lolol im so sorry blame school for that i hate school school is for tools and fools i dont give 2 mules about school hahah im so funny :(