Book 1: Seven

Ultimate Balance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sit on the chair, Sehun," Mira ordered the other once they entered the house. "Haiku can you get the herbs from the pantry?"

Haiku let out a loud, exaggerated sigh before slowly flying over to the cupboards.

"I think I'd want to get myself a fairy," Sehun smirked as he leaned back into the chair.

"Say that again when I've transformed, twerp," Haiku hissed in response. He made sure to smack Sehun on the back of his head as he flew by.

"Don't pick on Haiku, Sehun," Mira called out as she brought a box over to the table adjacent to Sehun’s seat. Haiku grinned victoriously, sticking his tongue out at Sehun from behind Mira’s back. "Or I'll fight back on his behalf."

Sehun gulped at the thought of having Mira's powers used on him, and immediately pressed his lips together. Mira resisted the urge to dishevel the front of his hair, and instead turned to Baekhyun. She pointed over at the box with an outstretched finger, "I can't touch him."

Baekhyun paused before nodding his head understandingly, "I got it."

"Thank you very much for helping him, Ultimate," Suho bowed politely.

Mira hummed in response, watching as Baekhyun took care of Sehun’s injury.  He seemed to patch the wound together rather well; he must have had a lot of experience.

"I'm all done,” Baekhyun stated as he finished pinning the bandage together. He picked up the container of herbs Mira had instructed him to use and curiously sniffed at it. His nose immediately wrinkled and he yanked the jar away from himself, "I hope it works better than it smells."

Mira smiled, "Sehun’s wound should be completely gone tomorrow. You won't find any medicine better than this; Haiku grows it himself."

"Yeah and you brats are wasting it," Haiku muttered as he stared woefully at his herb garden through the window.

"A shadow," Kyungsoo suddenly stated, alarming everybody else who was in the room. He had remained so silent the entire time that his presence had almost been forgotten.

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows at him, "What are you talking about?"

"What does every one have that no one can lose? It's a shadow," Kyungsoo answered as he turned to Mihyun for approval. "Right?"

"You're clever," Mira nodded with a small smile.

Kyungsoo flushed from the compliment and mumbled a quiet thanks under his breath.

"He's right, I can control your shadows," Mira explained to the rest of the boys.

Jongin tapped his chin thoughtfully, “I’m not sure if I’m more amazed by your powers or the fact that you got Kyungie to blush.” Not even a second passed after his words before Kyungsoo slammed his elbow roughly into Jongin’s torso; his groan of pain went ignored.

"What if it's night time and there aren't any shadows?" Chanyeol asked curiously. "Can you still control them then?"

"No," Mira answered slowly. She side glanced at them, "I have a more terrifying power for that."

"Can you show us?" Chanyeol asked; his eyes stretched wide with anticipation.

"Do you have a death wish?" Mira retorted as she rolled her eyes.

"No, but can you still show us anyways?" Chanyeol grinned widely.

Mira stared at him for a few moments before her expression lightened, "You don't have any fears in life, do you?"

Chanyeol paused for a few seconds before a frown dawned on his face, "Are you calling me dumb?" He frowned.

"Take it as you will," Mira shrugged. She chuckled when Chanyeol gave her an expression similar to one of a kicked puppy. “If you’re lucky you’ll never find out.”

“Why would you say that?” Jongin asked with a curious expression.

“Because I’ll only use it in dire situations,” Mira answered. “So if I use it that basically means that we’re all ed and this is my last attempt to save ourselves.”

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow and folded his arms with an uneasy expression, “Why do I have a feeling that this is really bad foreshadowing for the future?"

 

***

 

“Do you know where Mira went?” Suho asked with furrowed eyebrows as he looked around for the familiar face. “Even Haiku’s not here.”

Sehun and Jongin shrugged in response, more interested in the weird bugs they were digging out of the dirt.

“Probably doing some voodoo magic,” Baekhyun answered carelessly.

“Could you go look for her?” Suho asked. “I was wondering if it would be alright for me to make dinner tonight. She and Haiku made us breakfast and lunch earlier so I wanted to return the favor.”

Baekhyun scoffed, “Why can’t you find her yourself. I don’t know if you’ve realized, but we’re not exactly the best of friends.”

“Baekhyun,” Suho pouted. “Please?”

Baekhyun opened his mouth to protest, but ended up groaning in defeat as soon as he got a look at the elder’s face. “You can be a friggin child sometimes you know,” he muttered under his breath as he pushed himself up off the ground. He dusted off the bottom of his pants and headed out to find the Ultimate.

He continued to mutter unintelligibly under his breath as he made his way into the forest; still sure to be cautious for any foreign creatures.

Baekhyun’s ears perked up at the sound of water splashing; what the hell was she doing, playing in the water with Haiku? Baekhyun groaned in annoyance as he went to check out the source of the noise. The sound of running water got louder as he neared the river. He caught sight of pale flesh and opened his mouth to call out her name. The word got stuck in his throat once he got near enough to see what Mira was actually doing.

Baekhyun froze once he saw the water that glistened off the girl’s pale skin under the sunlight. Her long black hair slithered down the expansion of her back elegantly, and Baekhyun took a deep gulp of air at the sight. He felt like a ert for sneaking glimpses at the girl as she bathed, but he couldn't pry his eyes away from her mesmerizing figure.

Baekhyuns thoughts were interrupted by Mira's voice, "I know you're there."

Baekhyun was taken aback by her words, and stumbled backward in surprise. He lost his footing on the slippery rocks, and tumbled over, sliding down the rest of the rocks and into the river with a loud splash. He picked himself up clumsily in embarrassment, and flushed as he glanced at Mira.

She stood there staring at him with an arched eyebrow. Her long hair cascaded down her front to block her s from Baekhyun’s eyes, and the bottom half of her body remained hidden under the water. "Well?"

"I-I did- didn't mean to- I mean I wasn't- it's not what," Baekhyun stuttered as he tried to focus his gaze on anything but the girl.

Mira smiled lightly at the other’s flustered appearance and let out a soft chuckle. The sound caught Baekhyun;s attention and he finally shut himself up. He snuck a glance over at Mira to gauge if she as angry or not, but quickly darted his eyes away when they made contact with hers.

"I'm sorry," Baekhyun apologized as he bowed so deeply his face smacked against the surface of the water. "I didn't mean to l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter