Version 1

Coming of Age
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Coming of Age Ver. 1-

£§£§


A loud ‘Congratulations filled the room as soon as Jinyoung enters the dorm. He just came back from the coming of age ceremony. Reaching that certain age, he finally has the freedom to do things an adult can do and having those privileges, Jinyoung bears in mind that with those privileges comes with great responsibility too.

Jinyoung looks in front of him and he sees the happy faces of his fellow Got7 members that greeted him. He smiles at them in return and then found himself lead by the members to the dining room were a mini feast awaits him.

He’s tired and honestly he really just wants to go to his room and sleep. With them preparing for their comeback next month, plus the said event he attended earlier, all Jinyoung want is to take a rest. But then seeing the food prepared for him and the celebration that the members intend to give him, of course he could not say no. Actually he’s touched by the thoughtful gesture.

Setting aside the perfume and bouquet of flowers he received from his family from the event earlier, Jinyoung was the first to dig in on the mouthwatering food before him.

“Thank you for the food.”  Jinyoung said before his first bite.

The reply that he got was a loud cheer from his fellow Got7 members.

While eating, Jinyoung couldn’t help but observe his fellow members. All of them have this huge smile on their lips.  Who wouldn’t? Practicing hard day and night, surely food is one of the best leisure they could get. He’s happy that with his coming of age, they at least have the excuse to enjoy a feast like that.

Time passes and as much as they want to continue, it’s getting late and they need to sleep and rest for tomorrow’s schedule and practice.

They all start heading towards their respective rooms with Jinyoung being one in lead. He’s not usually the first to retire to their room even after a tiring day but then, this day was an exception.

He’s about to enter his room when Jackson called his name, making not only him  stop on his track but his fellow Got7 members too.

“Jinyoungie mommy!” Jackson said in a sickeningly sweet voice that made Jinyoung take a step back away from him.

Jackson move towards Jinyoung while the others wait curiously to know whatever their Hong Kong native member is up to.

“What is it?” Jinyoung asks. He looks at Jackson warily. There’s something suspicious about Jackson’s voice when he called him.

“I’ve been here in Korea long enough to see coming of age celebrations and I’ve read that those who come of age usually receives three things in celebration of it.” Jackson replied.

“You mean these?” Jinyoung said raising the perfume and bouquet of flowers he got earlier.

Jackson nods.

“What about it?” Jinyoung then asks, wondering why Jackson brought that up.

“Family and friends tend to give those things and since you’re our mommy, I want to give those things to you too, but just the last one.” Jackson said with a grin.

Jinyoung blinks, wondering what Jackson was talking about.

Seeing his confused look Jackson grins wider before saying: “Kiss.” Jackson said and then without warning he launched himself towards Jinyoung.

Jackson launched himself just like when he tried to inspect Jinyoung’s tongue-bite when they filmed the never cast dorm episode and it was like déjà vu because Jinyoung’s automatic response was to push Jackson away from him.

“Yah!” Jinyoung protested as he pushes Jackson away.

“But mommy I want to kiss you.” Jackson insists.

“No need. I’ve received a lot earlier.” Jinyoung replied. Well he did receive a lot of kisses from his family earlier.  And as Jinyoung says those words he then failed to notice a frown that marred a certain redhead’s features.

Jackson pouts and then tried to kiss Jinyoung again, but as always Jinyoung pushes him away. To escape Jackson he says a quick goodnight to his fellow members and run towards his room, quickly locking the door.

Jinyoung hears knocking on his door followed by Jackson’s voice.

“Yah! Park Jinyoung, open the door!”

“I don’t want to! Go to sleep. Goodnight!“ Jinyoung replied. He was just behind the door.

Jinyoung hears a few knocks on his door before it finally stops. After that he hears exchanges of goodnight outside his room then sounds of closing doors. He sighs in relief knowing that the other members finally retire to their own room and hopefully Jackson too.

He goes to his bathroom and then takes a quick hot shower. After a few minutes, he’s done changing clothes and ready for sleep. With the hot shower he had taken, his body’s ready to succumb to sleep as soon as he hits the bed.

Moments later, Jinyoung woke up with a sound of knocking on his door. He yawns, pondering if he should open the door because he just want to go back to sleep. He’s still in the middle of thinking whether to open the door or not when he remembered what happen earlier.

“Go away and sleep Jackson hyung.” Jinyoung said, thinking that it still Jackson and then tried to cover himself with his blanket, preparing to go back to sleep. Really, sometimes the former fencer can be so persistent.

But to Jinyoung’s surprise instead of hearing Jackson, he hears the voice of the person he considers most special to him.

“Jinyoung, It’s Mark.” The person who’s knocking introduced himself.

Jinyoung almost run towards the door upon knowing it was his favorite hyung. He feels like all the sleepiness in hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter