[ CHAPTER 2 ]

Sanctum of Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

Because if I could,

Let’s grow up together,

I’ll be your human shield, your titanium,

Baby, I’ll be your protector.

 

 

< • ∞ ∞ ∞ • >

 

"There's only one bed." Kai said sighing his breath out as he continued to scan around the room. 

 

"Okay here Chanyeol-hyung, I'll sleep on the floor with these two fat sloths-"

 

"Hey, we heard that." Both main vocalists said eyes still closed.

 

"Shut the hell up and try to get some ing sleep." Chanyeol spat back, narrowing his eyes at both the heads peeking out of the sleeping bag.

 

 

"So- I was saying, you take the bed. That way, you won't occupy the remaining space left on the ground, although, it's quite roomy in here. But judging on your size, I bet you'll take half of the floor." 

 

 

Kai thought, eyes darting towards Sehun's sleeping silhouette under the thick duvet.

 

 

 

He looked serene and sound.

 

 

 

"And besides,since you're his father figure... You should sleep near the kid." 

 

 

"Okay then, if that's what you insist." Chanyeol was suspicious on why Jongin didn't even wrangle about who's going to take the bed and who's going to sleep on the cold floor because for once—

 

 

Kai just yields from a fight. 

 

 

And Chanyeol recoiled that he had dust allergies one time.

 

 

As the tall tower settled on Suho's bunk, he folded one of his arms, and rested on them because he couldn’t help himself but sleep sideways, his eyes caught a sight of Sehun's pasty face, though it looked inhumanly pale, the sides were a perfect contrast of light fuchsia, tinting both of his chubby cheeks that made him look like a baby.

 

 

But he is Exo's baby.

 

 

Hearing s’ little snores, circled puffs, and maybe some of Jongin’s uncomfortable grunts, he stabled himself to create a sinister lullaby in his head, until he fell asleep into a dreamless slumber.

Sehun scanned his sight all around the place. It was enticing, seducing. It's too enchanted to even exist.

 

He sees green, soft green grass along the stoned pathway he's walking on and there's a contrast of dark dirt peeking out from under the cultivated vegetation. 

 

He craned his neck more until he can make out batch of bright coloured tals and smooth green sticks.

 

 

 

Flowers.

 

 

 

The sweetest thing that God ever made, but forgot to put a soul into.

 

 

 

Tall sunflowers towered the walls which looked like they came from Vincent van Gogh's painting, and were accompanied by lush blood and white roses- 

 

In which he thinks is a bit of a wrong concept mix in the scenery. 

 

On the sides were fully vibrant lavenders and blossomed chrysanthemums that attracted his charcoal eyes.

 

He dares to put a hand on it. But Sehun stops midway as his eyes fell on sharp talon thorns that blocks his attempts at trying. 

 

He moved his gaze away, and there's a clear pond on his left, Sehun advances his way towards it, and he sees fishes swimming, but then, just like the others, it was forbidden to the touch, he can't even make out their colors because all of a sudden, they turned silky and black. 

 

 

 

A death fish. 

 

 

 

Sehun wonders what this place is called as he watches dull water lilies float gracelessly up the crystal pond, he's staring into his odd reflection, but then it vanished as soon as his hand made contact with the blurry water.

 

He knows it's somewhat of a garden. 

 

But what name then? 

 

 

Then, he found his eyes looking ahead and was squinting because the light was just new to his vision.

 

 

He can make out a gate, two persons and a swirling object.

 

The gate was covered with grape vines, but then, it absolutely has no produce left on its strides and stems, as though someone already harvested its remains and gave no traces left uncovered.

 

That moment, Sehun realized that what he saw wasn't human, or any type of person as he may have thought it was.

 

 

They were Cherubims. Winged Angels that guards the entrance of the gate. 

 

 

And on the center, it was some sort of a whirling sword, covered in fiery flames as it turned around in every direction possible and as far as it could reach, to prevent access to whatever it is that they are protecting.

 

 

At that time on, Sehun knew what garden he was standing. He may not be a church person, but then, he's christian, so his knowledge of Jesus is far more wider than anything he could have imagined. He was 5 when his mother taught him about the Bible. And was surprised about how vast his research on religion is. 

 

 

And now, he knows what place he's standing on. 

 

 

What garden he's planting his feet on.

 

It's pretty obvious. The too good to be true materials, the flowers, the impossibly transparent pond, those death fishes, the white Cherubims. The flaming sword.

 

 

 

He's probably in the Garden of Eden.

 

He remembers it—

 

It's all in Genesis. Everything they said were all true. 

 

 

But then he noticed another figure at his right, and he turned away from the backs of the unmoving Cherubims as he narrowed his eyes at the person. 

 

 

 

 

It's his mom. 

 

 

 

 

Sehun didn't waste time to hug her tight on a lock grip. And he wishes Tao's time control powers were true, he wants time to freeze. Because really-

 

 

 

He can't let go. 

 

 

 

He can never let go of everything.

 

 

 

"Umma, umma.." The voice came out propelling in Sehun lips as it slowly progressed into a mantra.

 

 

The alluring woman caressed her son's back in a motherly way, her fingers barely touching the covered skin on his spine.

 

 

"Sehunnie... Mama's here, umma's here, don't cry now.." She's whispering softly as her short hair dances with the citrus breeze the wind is giving.

 

 

"Mama.. Don't leave me.. Please Mama.. I want to go with you." 

 

 

His mother stiffened at his words but then her insides relaxed quicker than it did at first.

 

 

"Sehuna, I'm afraid I can't count on that." And there wasn't a slight hint of dissapointment in her voice, it was more likely encouraging and hopeful.

 

 

And Sehun was counfused. 

 

 

"Mama.. Nobody heeds for me anymore.. I.. I don't feel loved."

 

 

 

And for the first time, his mother cackles. Until it grew more and more louder so it came out to be a loud laugh while she broke the hug, and she's wiping the crystal liquids on Sehun's face, as she continues to chuckle at her son.

 

 

"Oh Sehun, you wouldn't know." 

 

 

"What- Mama, what are you saying?"

 

 

"That's why you can't come with me Sehunnie." She's smiling.

 

 

"I don't understand you."

 

 

 

"You still need to figure things out yourself Sehun."

 

 

"Your fight isn't finished yet. I know what you've been through and YOU NEED TO FIGHT FOR IT. You need to be strong, okay?"

 

 

"Mhm. But fight for what exactly Umma?"

 

 

"For someone's love" She's now whispering her voice on Sehun's ear delicately.

 

 

 

 

He isn't even saying a word.

 

 

 

'Although I know you're winning it.' 

She thinks smiling up on her son. 

 

 

"Give Umma a hug Sehuna.. Come on." Sehun complies, hugging his mother tight.

 

 

"Mama.. I won't let you go." Sehun sniffed, his tears builing up.

 

 

" It's too late Sehunnie." And she senses extensive bawling on her ears, the white dress she's wearing becomes wet on the shoulder. 

 

 

"Here's a thing son.."

 

 

"If someone loves you, they won't ever let you go."

 

 

"Even if it's going to cost them their life just to see me?" 

 

 

"Yes Sehun. Yes.. " She's smiling on her son's chest, her hair tickling his jaw line because she was nodding her head too much.

 

"Now Sehun." His mother whispers gently.

 

 

"Hmm?" Sehun's mumbling echoes on her ears.

 

 

 

 

"Don't chase after me."

 

 

 

 

 

"What-"

 

 

 

And then she bolted fast in an unexpectable speed, away from Sehun lock grip.

 

And she sees Sehun running suit, after he composed everything that she said.

 

 

"Mama!!! Mama don't leave me.. Mama!!" Sehun chased her straight outside the garden, passing the Cherubims while ducking on the sword. 

 

 

 

"Mama!!"

 

 

 

He sees his mother jump.

 

 

 

 

 

And he runs to it.

 

 

 

 

A cliff.

 

 

 

 

"Mama!! Noo!! Mama!!" He cries out as he desperately tries jumping off the plateau, but something stops him.

 

 

It's two hands on his wrist.

 

 

And the most frightening thing is that, its too familiar. 

 

 

The fingers, the curve, the warmth, it's all too familiar.

 

 

Not Jongin, not Chanyeol. Definitely not Kyungsoo or Joonmyeon.

 

 

Is it really you? 

 

 

He looked up and met a pair of twinkling eyes.

 

 

Which EXO member has sparkling eyes again? 

 

 

"Luhan. Take. That. Grip. Off."

 

 

"No Sehun. No, I won't. And I dont want to."

 

 

"No!! No!! I need to get Umma back!!" Sehun is down right crying his eyes out, the tears created a stream on his cheeks.

 

 

Luhan's grip around his wrist tightened.

 

 

 

If someone tend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter