Beneath 1.6

Beneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You never seize to amaze me…” Seohyun’s eyes glittered with adoration as she sway gently with him in the middle of the dance floor for their first dance as Mr. and Mrs. Jung. She let out a small shriek when Yonghwa pulled her by the waist that her chest hit his and she laughed as his breath tickled the side of her neck.

 

“Hmmm…” Yonghwa took another deep breath of her scent before pulling away and pressing a soft kiss on her cheek, “That’s because you never fail to inspire me…”

 

Her forehead creased in thought, “Inspire you?”

 

“To do things for you…” he nodded then his eyes expression turned into a smirk, “And do things to you…”

 

She laughed again when the hand that was resting on the small of her back slid a little lower cupping her behind. Leaning closer, she whispered, “Do I even need to know?”

 

Yonghwa obviously shivered when she spoke near his ear but he just challenged her with his eyes, “I’ll show you instead…”

 

“Can’t wait,” she replied with that genuine yearning then fitted her face on the crook of his neck. Right then, he wrapped his arms around her holding her tight as they danced as the wedding singer serenaded them with You Bring Me Joy.

 

“Tell me your vow again…”

 

Her eyes closed when he whispered that longingly. Lifting her face to meet his gaze, Seohyun smiled, “It was impromptu. I can’t remember exactly.”

 

“What?!” Yonghwa faked a surprised look, “You can’t remember your wedding vow?”

 

“Spur of the moment, Oppa… you basically did not give me time to prepare…” she rolled her eyes.

 

“Fair enough.” Yonghwa snickered and planted a soft kiss on her cheek to brush her scowl away, “Tell me what you can remember…”

 

She laughed then her eyes sobered, “I know that whatever I said back there in the altar you memorized in your heart. Let me tell you something different though, not my promise, not my vow but what I feel right now.” Seohyun her lips when he gave her a soft nod. “I thought my life was in the right track but you came charging in and changed everything for me. I knew deep down inside I would meet someone and have this—this life that we have right now— but I honestly did not imagine I would have it with you.”

 

Yonghwa swallowed. The memories came rushing in—the pushing and the pulling, but he remained quiet for her to continue.

 

“The first time you took me here in this park was probably the first time I realized that our meeting was set in motion. Life prepared you for me, life prepared me for you… I fought against that force because I was scared of my past and scared of something that I wasn’t even sure of. What we had back then was never easy but you didn’t give up on me and that’s what I’m thankful for. I was stubborn… and even if I really did love you I wouldn’t have fought for you like the way you fought for me. So I am thankful—you have no idea how thankful I am to have you. You were the one who really led me back on track… the real path I should take in this lifetime. And Euna just cemented that path for us. With or without Euna, I know that you would have fought for me. This happiness that you brought me is and forever will be a kind of mystery for me. I love you… that’s all… nothing else really matters… I love you…”

 

His heart clenched in his chest with everything that she said and especially by the way Seohyun was looking at him. The only moment Yonghwa realized that there were tears on his eyes was when she reached out and brushed her thumb on the corner of his face. He smiled and pulled her closer resting his lips on her temple, “I love you with all my heart, Seo Joohyun.”

 

With a small nod, Seohyun giggled playfully at his expression. Then she pushed some hair off his forehead, “Tell me yours again.” Yonghwa fumbled in the inside pockets of his coat to retrieve an almost crumpled piece of paper.

 

Seohyun laughed when she realized what it was, “I thought you’re the freestyle master Jung Yong Hwa…”

 

“This master doesn’t want to miss anything,” he winked. After unfolding the paper, Seohyun took it from him and read softly.

 

“The moment you walked in that room I knew that you owned me,” it made Seohyun smile when she lifted her gaze to him and saw his sullen expression. She turned to the paper in her hand again, “Then and there, I claimed you. It was a hell of a ride—“ Seohyun stopped and laughed when she remembered the way the minister scowled at him with his choice of word. Then, she cleared , “But I knew deep in my heart that this day will happen. I love you. I only have one vow, Seo Juhyun—and that is, before God and all the people who love us, my love for you will see no ending. I love you, will forever do. That’s the only vow I can give.”

 

Seohyun choked. She cried back there at the altar when he said that but it still made her cry. Closing her eyes, she allowed him to wrap her in his arms. Resting her head on his shoulder, she sniffed as he soothed her hair.

 

“When in the future I do something stupid and upset you,” Yonghwa whispered, “Just read it. Read it over and over again and remember why you love me anyway.”

 

She chuckled pulling herself away from him and gave him a side-eye, “Aha… are you already trying to levy on this?”

 

Yonghwa laughed back pecking a kiss on her forehead, “No, honey, you know me… I should say, I know you… you have those moments where you just can’t stand me.”

 

She clicked her tongue then rolled her eyes. He was alluding to her ‘hormones’. “Fine, whatever…” a smiled formed on her lips, “Thank you, I love you, Jung Yonghwa… and yes, I will reread it a million times probably. I really do love it…”

 

“For you,” he kissed her temple, “I love you. My wife. I really like the sound of that. I think I’d call you that from now on.”

 

She scrunched her face, “As in my wife? I think I like tiger better.”

 

“Why?” Yonghwa chuckled.

 

“Already shivering at the thought…”

 

He grinned and sing-sang, “Come here, my wife… my wife, can you get me my guitar… my wife, let’s eat out tonight… where’s Euna, my wife?”

 

She stuck out her tongue with a frown like she ate something unpleasant, “I r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter