Sixty Six

Beneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SIXTY SIX

 

It was chaos a few days after Yonghwa left for their concerts in Europe. The media finally named them as the couple in the rumors that had been circulating. It was revealed that they were secretly being followed by some paparazzi through the years only that their agencies were both covering for them without their knowledge.

 

Only when one online news portal investigated about Euna’s accident that they accidentally came into a conclusion about the real identity of her so-called estranged father. After this, everything erupted into a full blown rumor and everybody was racing to be the first to reveal the secret the two had been keeping with or without the monetary compensation from their respective management agencies. His company and Taeyeon had heard what was coming and they practically prepared for it. But because of the absence of pictures or any concrete proof of their relationship, they were not releasing any statement or even a short comment.

 

Since Seohyun spent two weeks taking care of Euna, she had to go back to work in the middle of the said chaos. The media somehow found her during an outdoor sportswear campaign and they had to wrap up the shoot once the reporters disrupted the whole process. She was really apologetic but thankfully they resumed work on an undisclosed location. And when it was time for Euna’s follow up check up, fans and media swarm outside the hospital.

 

Seohyun sighed because they were warned of the situation. Four bodyguards disposed by Taeyeon along the latter formed they entourage and Euna was thoroughly surprised of the whole ruckus but she didn’t cry instead hang on tight to her mother.

 

“Are you scared?” Seohyun asked when they were inside. Although the hospital managed to keep the uninvited crowd out, most of the people inside recognized them and they couldn’t stop staring especially with those body-builder looking guys making sure nobody jump on them or covering if someone happened to take their pictures.

 

Euna shook her head but she knew otherwise since the kid was seriously quiet. She may be nervous only because of her visit with the doctor so Seohyun just soothed her hair with an encouraging smile. The check up went well and Euna had one more week left before the cast can be removed. It was somehow the happy news for the day.

 

When they got to the office, Euna was on her usual spot at what Taeyeon made as Euna-corner in her office. Toys and storybooks spread around the little girl as she played out loud making up stories with the plushies.

 

“You know, when these are all behind you, you should really give her a brother or a sister to play with,” the older girl suggested and laughed softly when Seohyun rolled her eyes, “Seriously, look at her. She has more imaginary friends than ‘unimaginary’ ones.”

 

“I will have another baby just to give Euna a playmate?” She muttered deadpanned, “I don’t really see that as a valid reason to get pregnant, Unnie.”

 

“Fine… fine! Okay, back to business then.” It was Taeyeon’s turn to roll her eyes then continued seriously, “In a few days they will be releasing pictures. We managed to put them on hold until their concerts are over. We as in FNC and I with Hyoyeon’s guidance.”

 

Seohyun shifted on her seat, “On hold? Have you been in contact with them? All of you?”

 

“Ever since you decided to take the plunge, love,” she replied with a conceited grin.

 

“Oh…” Seohyun could only respond in a small voice.

 

Taeyeon took a big sigh and looked over her shoulder to check on Euna who was now combing her hair and talking to herself about going to Neverland with Wendy.  When she was sure that the little girl was not snooping with her little ears, she revealed, “Honestly we have been covering your asses for this long and when President Han realized the hole just got too huge to cover, he told me that we might need to let nature take its course.”

 

“Oh, unnie…” she winced, “I’m so sorry…”

 

“What is there to be sorry about? You don’t apologize for love, Seohyun. Besides, I will never let you undo that little girl that I love like my own,” she smiled but only for a second, “The paparazzi got you when you came back to Korea with Euna. That was when they contacted both me and FNC with evidences, especially pictures—lots of them. Although they were mostly of Euna and her grandparents in Busan, there were a couple of you and Yonghwa at the airport, parking lots and even in a New York diner.”

 

Taeyeon paused to take a small sip of her coffee that her secretary just brought in, “At first FNC was hesitant, President Han was furious to say the least. I made Hyo deal with him then we got on a private meeting after that. We agreed to just help you keep your relationship since it seemed that you didn’t want to go public—until lately. We felt it.”

 

 “I cannot believe there were others following us,” Seohyun unconsciously rubbed her fingers along the rim of her hot cup of tea.

 

“Well, yeah… those bastards, you cannot really keep them off you that easily. They’ll feed on you like leeches. We would have kept on hiding your relationship to the public if not for what happened to Euna and the other possible harms of keeping it.”

 

The younger girl remained quiet so Taeyeon continued, “I met President Han when Euna was in the hospital. He had foreseen everything that’s happening now so we had time to prepare.”

 

“Do you know what will happen to Oppa?” Seohyun finally asked with worry lacing her voice.

 

“No…” Taeyeon shook her head, “He wouldn’t tell. He just said he would deal with it as reasonable as possible.”

 

They fell quiet, getting lost in their own thoughts of what the future could possibly bring them until the little girl who had been busy in her own little world walked up to them and laid her uninjured hand on her mother’s cheek. With her big bright eyes, she inquired, “Umma, are you sad?”

 

Seohyun didn’t need to say anything but she gave her baby a small smile as she pulled her on her lap.

 

“Is it because of the people with camwa outside hospital?”

 

“Oh, honey,” she hugged her very observant daughter tight.

 

“It was scawy but it’s okay…” Euna mumbled again with her lips pursing after she spoke.

 

“Why was it okay, Euna?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Hmmm… I was with mommy and imo and big samchons so ‘twas okay.”

 

Taeyeon smiled addressing Euna’s young mom, “See, Umma? As long as we have each other, everything will be okay.”

 

With a little smile, Seohyun looked at her unnie still unable to believe hearing something like that from her four year old daughter. She long ago believed that Euna is an old soul but sometimes she just surprises all of them with the way she words her thoughts. Seohyun shook her head with a soft laugh, “Sometimes I cannot really tell if she’s just four or what.”

 

“I’m four, Umma!” Euna grumbled and frowned as she raised her hand showing four fingers that the adults couldn’t help themselves but laugh out loud.

 

~~~

 

They were warned of the mob that formed at the arrival area the moment their plane landed but nothing prepared them for the amount of the spectacle. Paparazzi, reporters and fans swarmed all around that it was no doubt a chaos. As per instruction, they hid their faces with masks and caps not giving anything away and basically ignoring all the voices that called out for attention.

 

Seohyun was in her room monitoring the live feed from one entertainment channel while Euna napped in her room with her grandmother. A few minutes later, she received a message on her phone.

 

“On our way to company for a meeting with CEO. I’ll be there as soon as it’s done. Love you.”

 

She reread his message bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter