Ten

Beneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

TEN

 

 

He spotted her on a corner near the main bar talking to this man he recognized as one of the young executive of an entertainment company. Seohyun had this same gracious yet cautious smile while she nodded and talked. She seemed to be explaining something serious until she gave him a sympathetic smile before walking away.

 

If his hunch was right, Seohyun just turned that guy down. He didn’t really know if he should pump his fist in the air or acknowledge the thought that the same might happen to him. Yonghwa continued to watch her by the rim of his glass as she walked away.

 

“Talk to her, hyung.”

 

Yonghwa turned his attention to Jonghyun who was grinning wickedly at him. He shook his head and took another swig from his glass. They managed to sneak inside the jam-packed bar inconspicuously and was ushered to the basement where the private lounge was located. The beat of the music and the buzz made by people were louder than usual. People came and went as the party was on its peak. The huge expanse of space was occupied by bodies dancing and a part filled the circular booths surrounding the dance floor. There were also a few high bar tables at the far end from the floor which was dimmer and probably more quiet. The boys chose the one closest to the bar and near the private exit that leads toward the back alley of the building so they could see most of the people leaving.


Following her with his sight, he was sure that Seohyun wasn’t aware that he was there and he wanted it that way. As much as he wanted to approach, he decided to keep his distance for a bit just to watch her—see her and admire her. A small smile curved on his lips by the way she looked tonight. Seohyun had her hair up with little swirls playing on each side of her face. Her makeup was not too strong—except for her eyes that was smoky and sultry. However, he was more taken by her outfit. Seohyun was wearing a black leather jacket over a white top and jeans that reminded him of her unforgettable jeans photoshoot some weeks ago. The girl was literally rocking her outfit and it was easy to say that she looked exactly like his next girlfriend.

 

“Hyung,” Jungshin finally threw a crumpled tissue at him, “Just go and talk to her. Aren’t we here for this?”

 

He rolled his eyes and stood earning a good old cheery whistles from his friends. Walking a few steps behind her, Yonghwa noticed that she was heading towards another booth occupied by a group of familiar-looking women, two of them he recognized as actresses and, most probably, the rest were models like her. Seohyun slid on the seat but curiously looked at her friends’ semi-stunned expression until she followed their gaze.

 

Yonghwa had his ready smile at the women looking at him but he beamed when Seohyun’s eyes finally found him, “Hi…” He started almost under his breath and the girls gave him friendly smiles and little waves except for Seohyun.

 

After her initial shock, she stood and forced a smile, “This is—“

 

“Yeah,” a girl with a very sweet smile said playfully, “We know who he is, silly!”

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes in response but went on, “Tiffany, Yuri, Yoona, Sooyoung, and Sunny… my friends and this Yonghwa-ssi, you know him, silly me.”

 

“Nice to meet you all.” They giggled as he moved forward almost standing beside her and bowed politely, “I’m sorry but can I steal Seohyun-ssi for a bit?”

 

“As long as it’s not work related.”

 

The tallest girl responded with a playful smile so he nodded, “I promise, it won’t be.”

 

“Please, by all means, do take her away…” said another.

 

After moving away from her friends, Seohyun strode ahead of him towards one of the empty high tables. Yonghwa decided to sit across her and noticed how she was looking around indifferently until her eyes finally settled on him, “What are you doing here?”

 

“Hi to you too. I’m stalking you,” he grinned but she just rolled her eyes. “I’m serious. I’m here to see you.”

 

“Fine, you see me now.”

 

“We were invited to come the last minute to make an appearance,” Yonghwa lied since she was already looking pissed. Seohyun just nodded so he stood again, “Anyway, we won’t really stay for long. Can I buy you a drink?”

 

Seohyun met his gaze and something changed in her reaction— something gentler and calmer but then she shrugged, “Okay.”

 

Yonghwa went to the bar and got himself another glass of beer and margarita for her. Returning with their drinks, Yonghwa pushed her glass gently towards her and she finally gave him a small smile mouthing a thank-you. At last, he knew that her annoyance had probably subsided. Clearing his throat, he started, “How long have you been here?”

 

“A few hours ago,” she said and winced after taking a little sip, “Are you here with your bandmates?”

 

“Yeah, they’re on that corner,” he pointed and smiled, “You really don’t drink?”

 

“Uhm, yeah…” Seohyun put her glass down, “I really try my best to be a social drinker at least. It doesn’t seem to work. But I drink wine.”

 

“Do you want me to get you one?”

 

“Ah… no, this is okay,” she drew another smile, “I can handle this.”

 

Silence fell between them again. Seohyun was looking at her drink and Yonghwa was staring at her until they both said at the same time.

 

“Uhm—”

 

“Look—”

 

They both laughed and Seohyun motioned for him to continue so he nodded, “Look, I’m sorry again for what happened this afternoon.”

 

“It’s fine.” Seohyun ran a hand along the loose strands from her ponytail and shook her head with a tiny smile, “I’m fine now and thanks for apologizing.”

 

“I was an .”

 

“Aren’t you always?”

 

“Not always,” Yonghwa retorted playfully pouting when she said that with a little wrinkle on her forehead. He sighed then grinned sheepishly, “But then again, we have established the fact that I always seem to mess up around you. Still,  I’m sorry.”

 

Seohyun s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter