One

Beneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ONE

 

Yonghwa knew who she is. After all, she’s one of the most recognizable faces in the country. A few months ago, he had seen her in an opening of a high-end lingerie boutique where the band was commissioned to play. No doubt, she is gorgeous but she looked very unattainable for him despite being famous himself.

 

Being the leader of alternative rock band CodenameBlue, Jung Yonghwa could say that they are taking a good leap on that road to popularity. The band has earned their rightful place as an upcoming act in the entertainment scene after three consecutive platinum awards and chart-topping hits. These were subsequently followed by huge endorsement deals and projects in and out of the country. And as the leader and the ‘face’ of the band, he was named as the newest and fastest rising star of the music industry.

 

One of the most important recognitions he got lately is to be featured in the special edition photobook of L’Or, an international fashion and lifestyle magazine, for their golden anniversary. They only chose two representatives from top one hundred fashion cities in the world and lucky for him, he met the criteria to be featured in the Korean edition of the said magazine.

 

Together with him is Seohyun, the rated youngest top model of the country. When Yonghwa was first informed who he was going to work with, he had this unbelievable jolt in his chest and he told himself that he probably developed a silly crush on this woman when he first saw her.

 

That time, he only managed to watch her from afar. Although he had quite a reputation with the opposite but there are just some women that make him cower and assume that they deserve better than a ‘nobody’ like him. Some as in the likes of Jessica Alba, Miranda Kerr or Kim Taehee, if that paints a brighter picture.

 

When he became aware of her presence, he raised his game a notch higher trying so hard to impress the girl that captured his attention among all those beauties around her.  Yonghwa played his electric guitar and sang their songs with more eagerness and passion but she was just there— giggling, smiling, laughing, chatting with her friends that she didn’t even bother to bob her head to acknowledge his songs for her.

 

That event ended with him only knowing who she was from someone.

 

Seohyun.

 

That was all and nothing more as her face entered that bubble for his ideal girl.

 

Days after seeing her, they did a viewable radio guesting and the members were asked to draw each of their ideal girl. The mental image that came to him was no one else but Seohyun. He remembered her small face that would fit perfectly between his hands, her jawline that he wanted to trace his fingers on, the sparks of her eyes that he wanted to get drowned in, her perfect lips-- ahhh, he could do so many sweet things to those lips. With his limited skills, he drew a picture of her. Thankfully, the DJ did not insist on knowing who it was.

 

Yonghwa looked forward for the highly publicized contract signing for he knew he would formally meet her. Unfortunately for him, only her agent appeared for the event since Seohyun had a prior appointment that day.

 

Now, Yonghwa sat on his chair as the stylists, production crew and creative staff of L’Or hovered everywhere. His focus drifted towards the other end of the space where her dressing room was—empty.

 

No one else was jumpy over the fact that the other main star has yet to make an appearance. Although there was still almost half an hour before the call time, he was starting to feel fidgety that she was not around. Is she one of those whose popularity rushed through their brains? Is she another superstar with attitude problem?

 

Or is he just too early for the shoot?

 

Probably, he never wanted people to wait for him. One of the qualities that draw people on him is his being so professional and down-to-earth. And, most of the time, he feels disgusted and annoyed with other artists that cannot and don’t want to be like that.

 

Yonghwa was indeed fidgety.

 

Some say they don’t want to meet people they admire most because they don’t want to be disappointed on who the real person is outside the fame and glamour.

 

And, he was starting to get that disappointment.

 

Is she just another woman? Stereotypical. A trophy kind of girl who clings to famous and rich men's arms in public and shares their bed at night. That kind of woman is a good target for Yonghwa—his next conquest and he knew it was just an easy deal because he knows women like that.

 

He groaned silently.

 

The photographer came back from a meeting with the creative director and they did a little chat. He was pulled to do light tests before the actual shoot. A few minutes later, he caught a glimpse of her rushing to her dressing room in a cropped tank, black yoga pants and a pair of pink trainers. Her hair was hidden in that pink ball cap and her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter