say goodbye darling

Kaisoo Project 2014

 

say goodbye darling

 

 

Length: 7.5k

Genre: criminals!au

Rating: NC-17

Summary: Kyungsoo flirts with Kai by blowing up cars.

 

 


 

 

Kai is twelve years old when he hotwires his first car.

 

His mind runs over exactly how it had felt: hot adrenaline surged through his bones from touching the cold metal; the thin and hard sensation of wires between his fingertips and the omnipresent possibility of getting caught added to the excitement, propelled him forward.

 

Unfortunately, he hadn’t actually planned on getting caught and he’s quite disappointed in his young self as he’s sitting on an uncomfortable plastic chair in the back of the little police station near his house. It’s half past one in the morning and he’s sure that his older sister is going to serve him only vegetables for every meal within the next ten years when she finds out about this. Kai hates vegetables.

 

He sighs and jiggles the wrist that’s handcuffed to the arm of the chair, the handcuffs serving as a babysitting tool rather than a real precaution. After all, nobody has time to sit here and watch a kid who’s going to get off with a measly slap on the wrist anyway.

 

The officer who’s in charge of ‘watching’ him enters the room and Kai can see from his face that he’s visibly tired as he comes towards where he’s sitting, places a bottle of melon soda on the table in front of him. “Your sister is coming to get you now. I got you this ‘cuz she told me to tell you--and I quote--’I’m going to beat your pathetic little , Kim Jongin, just you wait.’” Kai nods solemnly in understanding and the officer leaves with a pat on his shoulder and a ‘good luck, buddy.’

 

Too bad this is only the first of thousands of cars to come.

 

A couple of minutes later, the door swings open and in comes a different officer with another kid in tow. “Caught this one throwing molotov cocktails on the beach near Enoshima. Name’s Do Kyungsoo,” he tells Kai’s officer as he steers the boy--who looks around the same age as Kai-- into the seat next to him. He handcuffs his wrist down too and the officer puts his hands on his hips to look down at the two boys with a sigh. “They start so young,” he nearly sobs as he leaves the room.

 

Kai sits there quietly with the other boy, listening to the dull ticks of an analog clock drip into the silence and ripple the emptiness between them. He finally reaches for his soda, the seat of the plastic chair serrating the air with a loud creak as he leans forward and clumsily uncaps it with his handcuffed hand. The boy stares at him with his big eyes and watches him bring the bottle to his mouth. Kai stares back at him curiously as he takes a little sip. “Want some?” he offers politely, holding out the bottle to him.

 

Kyungsoo nods enthusiastically and nearly finishes the soda off, gulping it down desperately as if he’d been thirsty his entire life. He brusquely wipes his mouth with the back of his free hand before handing it back and there’s a slight pause wherein his inquisitive eyes rake over Kai’s form. “You know, my parents always told me to do what makes me happy, but what if what makes me happy is illegal?” Kyungsoo ponders this as Kai drinks the rest of the soda, blushing slightly because he thinks this might count as his first indirect kiss.

 

Kai contemplates the question seriously because he’s also in the same predicament; and somehow he’s glad that someone understands, also has an obsession with the dangerous. “I think they forgot to tell you not to get caught,” he replies half-jokingly with a lopsided grin.

 

Kyungsoo’s face lights up at this comment as if he had just come upon an epiphany, like fireworks erupting into a kaleidoscope of brilliance. And Kai stops and stares, mesmerized for a still moment. The door to the room opens, shattering the stutter in his heart as a young woman comes stomping in, her hair pulled into a messy bun and wearing hastily thrown-on clothes. She looks beyond peeved and Kai just smiles sheepishly at her as the officers uncuff him.

 

Before he leaves, he turns to look over at Kyungsoo. “Let’s get in trouble together next time!” he promises.

 

Kai never forgets his first meeting with Kyungsoo.


 

//



 

It’s half past three in the morning on a gloomy Tuesday when Kai strides confidently out of one of his numerous hiding spots, this time next to a certain well-maintained train station in Tokyo. He’s greeted by glittering office buildings against the milky gray sky, the color a consequence of light pollution. The luminous glow of streetlights and twenty-four hour convenience stores spills over onto even the brightest stars, inhaling the distant galaxies.

 

He makes his way down the shoulder of the narrow streets running through the affluent neighborhood, passing by high-end clothing boutiques and swanky Japanized French cafes. He’s listening to his favorite song blaring through his earbuds and the cool Autumn wind picks up just before he reaches his destination: a towering residential building made of glass and steel.

 

Kai adjusts his sick mask over his mouth and nose, approaches the residence’s gate and promptly shoves his stolen card pass into the reader. A little smirk appears on his face when it swings open and lets him in. He heads towards the parking garage as it closes behind him and spots the crystal blue Audi R8 5.2 he’s been keeping his eye on for the past few weeks--ever since it rolled through the crowded streets of fashion mecca Harajuku.

 

Hello, Beautiful, he greets as he comes up to the driver’s side, sets his toolbox down on the cement, and adjusts his cap over his hair. He sets to work.

 

First, he replaces its license plates with fake ones just to be safe. Then, he sticks his glass cutter against the driver’s side window and watches as it slices a circle large enough for his arm to poke through. Carefully, he reaches inside with his elongated screwdriver, the one he spent hours putting together just for this specific task. He successfully pops open the plastic cover over the vehicle’s steering column, revealing its alarm and ignition wires. Next, he removes the screwdriver and unlocks the door from the inside. Here comes the tricky part.

 

He gets his electrical scissors ready and, as fast as he can, yanks open the car door and grabs the blue alarm cables; he snips them after it blares for merely a second. With a relieved sigh, he moves his toolbox into the car and closes the door. He successfully hotwires the ignition and starter cables, shoves his screwdriver into the keyhole to unlock the wheel.

 

But, just as he pulls out of the parking space, he spots movement in his peripheral and turns his head to see someone standing off to the side of the lot. Kai narrows his eyes because it seems as if that person has been standing there for a while, has definitely seen him break into the car.

 

It doesn’t matter, he tells himself. No one can see my face anyway.

 

But, just as he’s about to drive off, the young man approaches the passenger’s side of the vehicle and Kai gets a better look at the clothes he’s wearing: slightly rumpled slacks and a glaringly white dress shirt with the collar open. There’s a slight thrill of panic reverberating through Kai’s chest as his fists clench tightly around the grooved steering wheel, knuckles white. And the only thing preventing him from slamming his foot on the gas pedal and accelerating away into the night is the terrible realization that the mischievous glint in his witness’ dark eyes means ‘recognition’ and not ‘fear.’

 

Well .

 

Kai lets him into the car and that’s when he notices the bottle of melon soda he’s holding, how there’s a metallic clank as it’s pushed into the young man’s dusty backpack. Finally, Kai watches apprehensively as the young man leans closer to him, the curves of a smile tugging on the edge of his lips as he pulls an earbud out of Kai’s ear. Kyungsoo’s hand emerges with something else out of his own pocket as well and Kai realizes that it’s the keys to the car.

 

“I see that we’re both after the same thing,” Kyungsoo mutters, dropping the keys onto the floor.

 

Kai’s quiet as he glares at the intruder, a strangely nostalgic feeling welling up through his chest. “Do I know you?”

 

Kyungsoo grins at Kai’s cluelessness, anticipation quickly bubbling up through his chest. “Want to get in trouble with me?” he whispers much too seductively, lips almost grazing Kai’s ear as his fingers dance along his inner thigh.

 

--That’s when the sting of realization hits Kai hard and he remembers his face from the police station, the melon soda; he tugs his sick mask down to reveal a smile, turns to touch the tip of his nose to Kyungsoo’s cheek. “Wow, didn’t recognize you. Long time no see,” he murmurs, his hand sliding up Kyungsoo’s side.

 

Kyungsoo’s skin tastes like gunpowder as Kai s him into the dirty carpet of a cheap love hotel twenty minutes later.


 

//


 

Kai leans on the hood of his complete, Honda Civic GT-R, listening to the shrill cry of crickets and watching as other tuned vehicles pull into the small parking lot crowded with car enthusiasts. It’s almost midnight now as darkness flows through the little park on the outskirts of industrial Yokohama, a frost-kissed wind whipping through the pine trees from the nearby bay.

 

He can tell which drivers are only here to wow the poorly-dressed girls strutting around in their ten-centimeter heels--rich punks with poorly-assembled cars-- from the ones who are here to test out their newest creations and upgrades, the ones they spent their life-savings on.

 

Suddenly, his eyes catch on the Maserati GranTurismo that’s crawling into the parking lot, one that’s attracting everyone’s attention with its glimmering black paint job and purring engine.

 

Something feels terribly wrong.

 

He hears a wolf whistle beside him. “Whoever that is has some guts bringing that beast of a car to cannonball on the Wangan,” Chen--the race coordinator--chuckles, referring to the highway they’ll soon be shooting down. “Bet you it’s a cop.”

 

It’s then that the driver’s door swings open and Kai’s expression wrinkles at the person who steps out. He immediately recognizes him as the man who had watched him hotwire the Audi R8 the other day and sat on his afterwards, the same child who drank most of his melon soda that fateful day in the police station.

 

Do Kyungsoo.

 

And he still remembers how smooth the small of Kyungsoo’s back had felt as he ran his palm along it that night, tugged him closer and listened to the breathless gasps spilling into his ears from the sheer ecstasy; he longs to feel it again.

 

Stop.

 

Kai maintains a careful calm over his jittery interior as he watches Kyungsoo approach Chen, pretending not to know him.

 

“Hi there, Sweetheart,” Chen greets with a sly grin as he looks Kyungsoo over, likes what he sees. Chen doesn’t know any good-looking cops. “Got a name?”

 

“Yeah.” And Kyungsoo makes eye contact with Kai, smiles a little as he looks away. “Do Kyungsoo. Can I race?”

 

“Of course,” Chen replies cordially as he whips out his little booklet of bids and names, calculations and notes. “You know,” he starts, exchanging Kyungsoo’s bid money for a handwritten receipt, “I think you’re asking for trouble bringing a supercar to a puny little race like this. Only cops do that and you’re definitely too pretty to be one of those motherers, right?”

 

“That’s right,” Kyungsoo confirms as he draws closer to Chen. He lowers his voice as he speaks next to Chen’s cheek but stares challengingly into Kai’s stern pokerface. “Want to get in trouble with me?”

 

The clock strikes midnight and everyone starts hopping into their vehicles, driving over to the closest entrance to the Wangan Highway. Kai’s in a state of fluctuating emotions: confused because he’s sure that a simple coincidence wasn’t what had brought Kyungsoo here but, he’s absolutely delighted to see him nonetheless.

 

Things are about to get a lot more interesting.

 

Kai’s eyes are glued to the shiny black Maserati as everyone sets a brisk pace, warming up as they head to the official starting point: the highway sign stating the speed limit. It’s then that Kai manages to pull himself together, reminds himself that Kyungsoo’s presence at the weekly Wangan cannonball doesn’t change anything; he should really be focusing on the race.

 

So, he moves to the head of the pack and, just as he reaches the sign, floors the acceleration and smoothly shifts gears as he gains speed. Kyungsoo, not knowing the rules of the race, falls behind and Kai glances at him in his rearview mirror with a smirk. Take that, he sneers childishly, expertly dodging a slow-moving cargo truck on the highway as his engine roars into third gear.

 

He revs his car up another gear and is soon breaking 220 kilometers per hour, his surroundings coming towards him in a mass of colored lines and blurred lights as the force of his speed presses him against his car seat. He swiftly maneuvers around a lonely car and, as he does so, sees an object approach him through his peripheral and frowns.

 

He’s not surprised to find Kyungsoo giving him a little salute through the window; it only motivates him to go faster, feeling the rush of adrenaline in the pit of his chest from the bit of numbing terror--on the edge of losing control and spinning out.

 

Then, he sees Kyungsoo wave a small black box in his hand and he quickly glances back and forth between the speeding road and the device. ‘What the ?’ Kai mouths at him, not understanding what’s going on as he dodges another vehicle.

 

Kyungsoo just points backwards and Kai manages to slow down the slightest bit, seeing the sizable distance between them and the other racers through his rearview mirror. Suddenly, bright orange flames erupt from behind them and a tower of smoke rises through the night with an ear-splitting bang!

 

Holy .

 

The shock wave causes Kai’s Honda to lose a bit of traction, tires struggling to maintain their original course as he tries to steer it back on track. As he’s steadily decelerating, he keeps his gaze on the mass of flames in the distance and there’s a pang of dread that rips through his stomach. It’s not rare for someone to run into the highway shoulder or other cars, but…

 

Kyungsoo’s now-smirking face tells a different story and Kai watches the Maserati’s taillights trail off into the dark horizon like fireflies disappearing into a cave.

 

What just happened.


 

//



 

Kai meets Kyungsoo again exactly one week later.

 

“Hi,” Kyungsoo cheerfully greets from behind Kai who is busily tweaking the engine of his newly-stolen and tuned Scion tC. Kai pauses for a heart-stopping moment and last week’s explosion falls to the forefront of his cluttered thoughts; he debates with himself internally about what to do next: should he smack Kyungsoo over the head with the wrench he’s holding or him with it?

 

(The latter seems more tempting.)

 

“Hi,” he decides to reply, awkwardly turning around to look at his visitor. He’s still deciding. “What do you want?”

 

Kyungsoo smiles sweetly and it sends a chill up Kai’s spine. “I was wondering if you’d like to go for a drive.”

 

Kai looks around at the dozens of other people gathered in the park preparing for another cannonball on the Wangan. Despite the devastating explosion last week, it seems as if nobody is at all fazed by the risk; there might even be more people here because of it.

 

Maybe he should say yes because Kyungsoo screams excitement and danger and Kai would be one sadistic son of a if he turned down such a heartfelt request.

 

“How about, ‘no’?” he responds curtly, watching with a kind of sick satisfaction when Kyungsoo’s lovely, expectant face turns into one of cruel disappointment.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Why--” Kai starts, but then thinks better of it and decides to grab Kyungsoo’s arm instead. He pulls him away from everyone else, closer to a bush, and whispers loudly, “You ing blew up that guy’s car last week, didn’t you! You’re going to get yourself arrested!”

 

Kyungsoo’s expression seems to morph from one of syrupy innocence to vague disinterest at the serious accusation. “It’s not like he died, right. You weren’t even friends with the guy,” he counters in a snappy voice as if lifting his disguise and allowing Kai to peer at his real self.

 

“It--it doesn’t matter if he was my friend or not! He could have died! I could have died!” he hisses back.

 

“I wouldn’t have let you die,” Kyungsoo retorts confidently with a cunning spark in his eye.

 

And Kai stands there staring at him, speechless even when Chen’s voice cuts through the crowd and ushers everyone into their vehicles for the start of the race. Before Kyungsoo turns away, he puts his angelic face back on and tries his previous invitation again. “So, do you want to go for a drive now?”

 

Kai’s face scrunches at the question but he’s not quite sure what he’s feeling right now, be it annoyance or something else entirely. “The answer’s still no.” He turns on his heel to head back to his car but then hears a tiny click and--

 

A terrifying sound slashes through the air and suddenly the Scion tC is alight with flames bursting from the engine, catching everyone’s attention. Kai’s mouth falls open and he’s not sure what to do but watch his baby burn, even with people panicking around them.

 

“That’s quite unfortunate,” Kyungsoo murmurs from just behind him with mock pity as people are in chaos, rushing to extinguish the flames and escape in their cars. “Maybe you’ll reconsider next time.”

 

Kai decides that Do Kyungsoo is absolutely insane.

 

(And he kind of likes that.)


 

//


 

It shouldn’t be this hard to get someone’s attention, Kyungsoo deliberates as he slings his usual backpack full of various guns, bombs, and ammunition over his shoulder and listens to the clatter of metal as he trudges down the desolate streets. He lets out a slow breath into the unusually warm air, wonders what Kai’s reaction to his flirting will be today.

 

Kyungsoo thinks Kai plays hard-to-get.

 

(He’s right.)

 

But, he spent eight years trying to track him down. He’s not going to give up so easily.

 

After walking for a bit over thirty-five minutes, he arrives at a relatively tall building just outside Jiyugaoka with its cherry blossom tree-lined paths and stylishly-paved sidewalks. The trees have long lost their delicate pink petals but Kyungsoo enjoys listening to the soft rustling of orange and yellow leaves as he turns a corner and arrives at his destination.

 

Unlike Kai, he doesn’t bother hiding his features. After all, his criminal record is longer than his arm and blowing up police cruisers have long been a favorite pastime of his. He walks a bit further into the residential area and finally spots the car that’s likely to be Kai’s next target: a deep red Aston Martin One-77 sitting in the open space of a partially-covered parking lot, completely vulnerable.

 

It’s just asking to be destroyed, he thinks as he plants presents for Kai all over the car.

 

He scurries behind a concrete pillar nearby and peeks at it from his vantage point. He resists the urge to shoot up its forged alloy wheels with a Desert Eagle Mark XIX, watch its leather-trimmed seats become engulfed in flames from a pipe bomb, and completely annihilate the carbon fiber frame with a custom hand grenade. He swallows the saliva accumulating in his mouth and sits down against the pillar, tries to calm himself down from the pure exhilaration.

 

After all, the One-77’s fate is all up to Kai.

 

It’s just past three in the morning when his stealthily-placed tracking device notifies him that his target is closeby. Moments later, he sees someone heading towards the parking lot from the outside and he grins to himself in triumph. He recognizes him immediately from the familiar set-up: cap and mask covering his head and face, earbuds in, and toolbox in hand.

 

Why, what a pleasant surprise to see you here, Kyungsoo rehearses in his head, absolutely elated by the fact that he had correctly deduced Kai’s location and intentions from the number of times this address had shown up in his tracking device. He picks up his backpack and, without concealing himself, strides cheerfully over to Kai who is busily replacing the Aston Martin’s license plates.

 

Kai feels someone behind him and quickly whips his head around, worried about getting caught--maybe he should stop bringing his earbuds--when he sees that it’s only Kyungsoo; Kyungsoo who is smiling ear-to-ear.

 

You’ve gotta be kidding me, Kai thinks, irked by Kyungsoo’s presence and how he could have possibly known that he would be here tonight. Definitely not a coincidence. “What the are you doing here?” he asks, voice betraying a hint of surprise and mild annoyance.

 

“I’m here to see you, of course,” comes the lighthearted reply that has Kai pausing for a moment. How sweet.

 

“Go away, you crazy bastard. Can’t you see that I’m busy?” he responds meanly as he finishes replacing the front license plate.

 

Kyungsoo frowns. “That hurt my feelings.”

 

“Do I look like I give a about your damn feelings, Do Kyungsoo?” Maybe he does, but he’s not ready to tell him that yet.

 

Kyungsoo’s expression is one of menacing anger as he drawls, “That wasn’t very nice, Jongin.”

 

Kai freezes midway through placing his glass cutter against the window. “What did you just call me?” He’s sure that he’s never told anyone his real name before, has always used his street name ever since he was a small child growing up in the big, bad city. “Did you become a cop?”

 

“Do cops blow up cars?” he counters amusedly.

 

“...Then you’re Satan,” Kai concludes with a slight shiver. Never trust anyone who doesn’t like cars.

 

Kyungsoo grins. “So, do you want to go on that drive yet?”

 

“How many times do I have to say no? You think I want to hang out with someone who might lodge a bomb in my ?” Kai sighs, trying his best to show disinterest despite his true feelings. “Now go away. You’re not even disguised and I’d rather not have to replace my tires after being chased by the cops.”

 

“I thought you would’ve learned your lesson by now.” Kyungsoo breathes a disappointed sigh through his nose and picks up Kai’s toolbox, starts walking away from the vehicle quickly.

 

“Hey!” Kai protests, chasing after him and reaching for the box. “I need that!”

 

That’s when Kyungsoo turns his head to look at him and there’s a nasty feeling surging through Kai’s gut when he realizes what’s going to happen next.

 

It seems as if everything’s happening in slow motion as he watches Kyungsoo reach into his pocket and the next thing he knows, there’s a quick-as-lightning flash and a deafening roar as glass shatters; a pillar of fiery black smoke boils up from the vehicle, great gushes of fire changing from fierce reds to nasty violets and back through the spectrum of red once again. Soon, there will be people upon them and the building will awake to the billows of heat and flames.

 

In the midst of Kai’s shock, Kyungsoo slips away into the night.

 

Because Kyungsoo only wants Kai’s attention and the only way to do that is through his cars.


 

//



 

The second Kyungsoo steps out of his favorite GranTurismo that week for the Wangan cannonball, Kai grabs him roughly by the arm and forcefully drags him through the throngs of people towards his icy-white Audi R8. When Kyungsoo’s brain finally catches up to what’s going on, he’s being shoved into the passenger seat and the door slams shut with a loud thud. He watches Kai walk around the front of the vehicle, his handsome face scrunched into a scowl.

 

Kyungsoo patiently waits for him to get into the car before calmly asking, “Where are we going?”

 

Shut the up,” Kai snarls, sticking his keys into the engine and twisting hard. He races out of the park and Kyungsoo’s eyes widen slightly at the speed at which they take off down a much-too-narrow residential street, drifting around corners way too fast and picking up dust and pebbles. “You wanted to go on a drive, didn’t you?” Kai sneers when he sees his passenger’s mildly-alarmed expression.

 

Kyungsoo gulps and doesn’t ask any more questions, sits there quietly with his hands neatly folded on his lap. He momentarily remembers the sack of illegal firearms he has in his car, hopes nobody breaks into it and steals all of his babies while he’s gone.

 

Then he realizes that spending time with Kai is definitely worth having all of them stolen.

 

They take a winding path up a small mountain and the Autumn foliage is camouflaged by the darkness of the night, the vibrant yellows and vivid reds shining to life only under the car’s headlights. They finally arrive at a plateau of sorts, a bit off the main road and hidden behind the cover of thick-trunked zelkova trees.

 

Kai turns off the engine and the next thing Kyungsoo knows, he’s being dragged out of the car by the collar and-- he’s slammed onto the hood, the wind in his lungs escaping in a pained groan. His ears ring momentarily and his breathing stutters when Kai shoves something hard against his crotch.

 

“You motherer! Do you have any idea what kind of car you blew up the other day!” Kai outright screams into his face, his grip on Kyungsoo’s shirt tightening with every malicious word. That’s when Kyungsoo realizes that it’s a gun that’s aimed at his right now and he blushes inadvertently.

 

“It’s not ing called a ‘One-77’ for nothing! The mothering dealer only made seventy-seven! Seventy-seven! Do you ing hear me? And you had to blow one of them to ing smithereens, didn’t you! Didn’t you!” Kai continues, unknowingly rubbing Kyungsoo’s growing through his pants. He pushes the gun a bit harder against him and a quiet moan slips from Kyungsoo’s lips, his lustful fingers catching on Kai’s clothes.

 

And that’s when Kai notices this rather strange reaction to his threat, pauses as his fury steadily evaporates. He moves the gun along the zipper of Kyungsoo’s pants and watches as his eyes glaze over in pleasure. “Don’t,” he hears, the plea half-hearted and breathy.

 

He smirks and draws closer, lips at Kyungsoo’s temple. “The truth is, they turn you on, don’t they? That’s why you like those little bombs of yours so much.” He continues dragging the gun slowly along Kyungsoo’s shaft and watches as he gnaws on his bottom lip, avoiding eye contact. “Tell me, have you always had this dirty ? Even back then? Huh, you freak?”

 

Kyungsoo’s thighs clamp against Kai’s hips and his breathing is ragged, aroused and needy. “If I said yes would you give it to me?” And Kyungsoo doesn’t wait for the answer, puts his hand on the back of Kai’s head and draws him into a heated kiss. He tastes him in his mouth and Kyungsoo’s mind is swimming with pleasure, numb as his impatient fingers undo Kai’s pants because he needs it now--yes--

 

And Kai’s still furious about the car but he crumbles underneath of the begging, fiercely seizes Kyungsoo’s pants and yanks them off in a hurry; he rips the collar of Kyungsoo’s shirt open, buttons popping off and rolling down the hood of his Audi. His teeth meet Kyungsoo’s shoulder and his fingers drag ferocious red lines down the curve of his chest and down to his waist.

 

Kyungsoo moans when Kai him roughly, squeezing tight and pressing the gun against his . “What if I ed you with this? Would you like that, you crazy bastard?” Kai taunts, watches sadistically as Kyungsoo’s skin goes crimson with embarrassment.

 

“You’re horrible,” Kyungsoo manages, props himself up on his elbows to meet Kai’s lips for another scorching kiss. And he gasps when he feels it coming--his hitting and making his heart stutter as he cums onto his stomach. Kai doesn’t wait for him to come down from his high before swiping the up with his fingers and lubing him with it, putting the gun down on the hood of the car.

 

Kyungsoo wraps his arms around Kai’s neck and presses their foreheads together as he closes his eyes, drowning himself in the gratification. And Kai suddenly feels a pang of guilt for being so mean, kisses him on the apple of his cheek tenderly as his hand supports the small of his back.

 

“Don’t be so nice to me,” Kyungsoo whispers, can feel the hint of affection in his touch. “I won’t be able to stand it.” I’ll fall in love with you.

 

“It’s too late for that now, isn’t it?” Kai replies, enters him in one movement and hears the moan of surprise and pleasure in his ear. He pushes Kyungsoo down onto his back and grabs his hips hard, ing him fast and dirty.

 

Kyungsoo cries out when he feels him hit his sweet spot, fingernails digging into Kai’s forearms and losing control with every . Kai quickens his pace, his lips at how Kyungsoo’s squeezes him so tight with every snap of his hips. He hooks his arm around Kyungsoo’s thigh and pulls him closer, keeps him in place as he nips on his neck and jerks him off with his other hand.

 

Soon, Kai feels himself falling off the edge and his vision goes white as he shudders against him, groaning into Kyungsoo’s jawline as he does so. He slowly rides through his high and pulls out, leaning down to lap up Kyungsoo’s leaking . He envelops it in his mouth and bobs his head, hand the base as fingers tangle themselves in his hair. And he likes listening to the breathless mewls, likes the taste of on his tongue moments later. He it all up and swallows, gives him one last before disconnecting. Panting, he plants his palms on either side of Kyungsoo’s rib cage, the metal cold against his hands.

 

Exhausted, Kyungsoo lethargically turns his head and picks up the gun, looks it over as he twists it slowly back and forth. He the pistol and presses it against Kai’s chest, directly at his heart. “Could you actually me with this next time?” he asks with a charming smile, eyes glistening with hope.

 

“Uh, no.”

 

“How about going for a drive sometime then?” Kyungsoo withdraws the gun and points it downwards at the car hood instead. And his smile widens, a silent threat slithering underneath his razor-sharp gaze.

 

“--Okay! Okay, calm down, Satan! Sunday at three!” Kai immediately replies, teeth gnashing his bottom lip in anxiety as his attention is fixed to the point at which the gun is making contact with his new paint job.

 

“Sunday at three. It’s a promise.”   


 

//



 

Kyungsoo leans his head against the squeaky clean window of the local bus he’s riding, savoring the heat blowing against his calves from the seat warmers before having to step out into the frigid air. He hears his stop being announced so, he adjusts his woolen peacoat and scarf, taps one of the numerous buttons scattered around the interior of the bus; there are five in his immediate vicinity and Kyungsoo thinks that, despite the convenience, it’s a bit over the top.

 

He steps out onto the sidewalk and is met by a steady stream of little grandmas with bent backs trudging towards the grocery store around the corner and schoolgirls on bicycles with their short skirts flying out behind them. He passes by a small dirt patch, the green leaves of soon-to-be-harvested sweet potatoes peeking out over the soft dirt.

 

And he reflects on how familiar this area has become to him, how every step he takes feels like music notes falling naturally into place to create a song. Because, this isn’t the first time he’s walked along this street, maybe not even the tenth, probably more like the thirtieth. He’s long memorized where all the cracks on the sidewalks are, even the ones that have a patch of grass peeking through them and out over the cement.

 

He’s excited to see Kai today as always.

 

He finally arrives at a decent-sized house just off the main street and pushes the gate open. It’s the first time he’s come here without a disguise, having found out Kai’s address months ago from a connection. He walks straight up to the door and shoves his lock-picking tool inside, fiddles with it for a moment before hearing the knowing click. He pushes on the door and frowns when he hears some resistance. Of course Kai wouldn’t be stupid enough to install only one lock on his front door, he thinks with a smirk.

 

As he wanders around the perimeter of the house looking for a way to break in, he wonders how Kai could have possibly hid his hundreds of cars in a little suburb on the edge of Tokyo like this, wonders if he has some elaborate scheme set up wherein he hides the cars inside of various houses he owns.

 

He finally spots an open window on the second floor so, he rummages in his backpack for a second before his hand emerges with a box filled with miniature bombs that explode upon impact. They’re much too weak to cause any real damage, so he ties a few together and digs out his little megaphone before flinging them into the window.

 

A blood-curdling scream accompanies the sound of the bombs bursting and furniture being knocked over. Kyungsoo grins in satisfaction and yells through his megaphone, “Kim Jongin, you have ten seconds to come out or else!”

 

Kyungsoo hears a loud ! as he makes his way back over to the front door, counting down from ten as he does so. “Three, two, one--”

 

And Kai swings the door open just in time, out of breath. His hair is sloppy and he’s only wearing underwear, clutching a pair of jeans, a shirt, and a jacket in his fist with his feet hastily slipped into his shoes. “Let’s go,” he gasps as he snatches his key ring off the hanger by the door and steps out into the cold, eyes wide and alarmed by the threatening.

 

“Did you even brush your teeth? That’s gross.” Kyungsoo grimaces as he waits for Kai to lock his door and tug on his pants before following him out the gate.

 

“Do you even know the definition of patience, you piece of ?” Kai replies as he adjusts his shoes and closes the gate behind Kyungsoo, pulls his shirt over his head as they’re walking down the sidewalk. Kyungsoo bites his bottom lip as he admires Kai’s back muscles, wants to touch him but thinks he should exercise this so-called patience Kai is talking about.

 

“Where are we going?” Kyungsoo finally asks when they make it to a crosswalk. “We’re not driving?”

 

Kai’s finally dressed and he rubs his hand over his hair quickly to set it. “Of course we’re driving. Do you think I’d go anywhere without a car?” When he’s done, he lets his arm drop to his side and casually grabs Kyungsoo’s hand in the process.

 

“What do you think you’re doing!” Kyungsoo exclaims in surprise, cringing but not letting go of Kai’s hand.

 

“Just--shut up, you might get-- lost or something!” Kai stutters, blushing up through his ears and avoiding eye contact. Since when did it become so difficult to hold someone’s hand? Kai’s not sure.

 

Kyungsoo’s face crinkles with confusion for a second as he glances around at the neighborhood they’re in, the few people walking around and the single straight road they’re walking along. There’s no way he’d get lost. He pouts in mock annoyance as he tries to hide his embarrassment, is hyper-aware of the warm hand around his.

 

A large concrete building comes into view and Kyungsoo realizes that they’re at a storage facility as they make their way through the empty lobby and into the elevator. Except, instead of pressing any of the buttons, Kai inserts a key into the emergency key lock and the elevator goes down three floors instead.

 

The doors slide open and it dawns upon Kyungsoo that this is where Kai keeps his vehicles: a giant underground room. Its completely filled with sleek-as-knives motorcycles, tuned Mitsubishi Lancers, and exotic sports cars from Confederate B120 Wraiths to Bentley Continentals.

 

Kai yawns and lets go of Kyungsoo’s hand as he strolls over to the far corner, fishing for the ring of keys in his pocket. Kyungsoo’s hand still tingles from where it was held as he follows him quietly to the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport with -out alloy wheels and an electric blue interior. As Kai’s exiting the storage building from the underground hatch, he glances over at his passenger. “So… what are we doing today?”

 

“I don’t know. I just wanted to go on a drive,” comes the matter-of-fact reply as he fingers the soft seats.

 

Kai rolls his eyes. “This is it? There’s nothing special planned? You blew up three cars just so you could waste my gas?!” he yells, causing an agitated wrinkle to appear in Kyungsoo’s brow. Despite his simmering anger, Kyungsoo remains quiet and stares straight ahead at the road which makes Kai want to elicit a reaction from him. “You’re more useless than those at the Wangan.”

 

At this, Kyungsoo stuffs his hand into his backpack and pulls out an uzi, aims it at Kai’s jugular. “Don’t compare me to them!” he shouts, finger on the trigger and ready to blow him to bits.

 

“What’s the difference between you and them? All we do is anyway!” Kai counters, not at all intimidated by the gun pointed at his vital point as he comes to a stop at a light.

 

“I dare you to say it again, you motherer!” Kyungsoo urges, pushing the gun against his skin.

 

“Yeah? You’re a ing ! I said it! What are you going to do now? Shoot me up?” he taunts. That’s when a police cruiser pulls up alongside them and Kai meets their gaze as they stare into the passenger side window, faces betraying panic when they see the MP-2. “Oh ,” he curses as they reach for their radio and speak into it, all the while keeping their attention on the car.   

 

“Hah, are you scared now?” Kyungsoo smirks when he sees the dread in his victim’s eyes. “Apologize.”

 

“We don’t have time for that right now,” comes the hurried response as Kai shifts gears and slams his foot onto the gas pedal, the police car turning on its sirens and following right after them. Kyungsoo whips his head around, alarmed by the sound as he realizes what had just happened.

 

“What the hell?” Kyungsoo exclaims, dropping the uzi from Kai’s neck and sitting properly in his seat. The traffic and small roads make it difficult to maneuver the car as Kai takes sharp turns through alleys and side-streets, barely making it around the corners unscathed.

 

Kai’s focused on the road as more police cruisers appear from seemingly nowhere; he drifts around a minivan and tries to gain speed on a stretch of road as the sound of sirens gets increasingly louder. “This is all your fault!” he accuses when they finally make it to the highway and he runs the toll booth. He dodges some slow-moving cars as he steadily gains speed, the police in hot pursuit.

 

“How is this my fault?” Kyungsoo screams at him, looking at the mirrors to check on the number of pursuers at this point. Eight cruisers and an armored vehicle. Great.

 

“You’re the one who got unnecessarily angry! Lookit me, I’m Do Kyungsoo and I can’t ing take a joke!” Kai yells back, quickly looking to his speedometer to see that they’re nearing 350 kilometers per hour. He’s going to have to replace the wheels and he’s sure that the paint job is going to have to be redone after this in order to not be recognized. , how troublesome.

 

“If you didn’t call me a we wouldn’t be in this situation right now!” comes the biting statement as Kyungsoo reaches into his backpack and searches for a suitable solution to this. Molotovs? No, maybe a grenade?

 

“You pulled out a gun in broad daylight--and in front of the ing cops thank you very much-- and ruined our date!” Kai hisses, cranking into 400 kilometers per hour. There’s a startling quiet that steps in between them and Kai slows down the vehicle the slightest bit to look over at his passenger, waiting for a response. “Kyungsoo?”

 

And he sees Kyungsoo sitting there, mouth agape and staring at him with his surprised eyes as he’s holding a fuel-air missile. His skin is searingly hot and flooded with a deep crimson, all along his neck and through his ears. “We… we’re not on a d-date,” Kyungsoo whispers, looking down and bringing the back of his hand to touch his burning cheek.

 

Kai feels his cheeks flaming as well at his shyness and he tries to regain focus on their current situation rather than be distracted by how cute he thinks Kyungsoo is. “T-then what the hell is this! Just admit that you’re in love with me!”

 

Kyungsoo clutches the missile to his chest and gasps at the words. “I’m-I’m not in love with you!” he manages, gnawing on his lip as he begins to sweat. “You’re-you’re in love with me!

 

The police cars start to catch up to them and Kai barely misses a head-on collision with a vehicle in his distracted state; he opens his mouth to speak but nothing comes out. He closes it and tries to start again, scared of the words. “Fine! I might--kinda sorta--maybe like you a lot!”

 

And Kyungsoo hears the excruciatingly loud thumping of his heart over the sirens, the rush of blood around his skull that prevents him from thinking properly; it’s so incredibly hot right now as his palms sweat and he thinks that he wants to disappear. “Fine! Maybe I kinda sorta like you a lot too!”

 

“Cool! Now you should launch that at them so we can continue our date!” Kai jabs a button with his finger and the roof of the Veyron opens up, their hair whipping around them from how fast they’re going. Kyungsoo expertly assembles a bazooka from the parts he keeps in his backpack and loads it with the missile, unclicking his seatbelt.

 

“Drive steady,” he advises softly, gently because he’s still absolutely giddy from the confession.

 

“Okay.”

 

That’s when Kyungsoo gets serious, his face falling into an emotionless mask as he kneels backwards on the seat, aiming at the pack of cars. The police know what’s going to happen next so they start swerving but, there’s too many of them to escape as Kyungsoo aligns the crosshairs and--

 

Kai hears the deafening whistle and takes the opportunity before the actual explosion to take an exit ramp, pushing the button to move the roof back over their heads. Then, the massive roar signaling the impact happens and the thunderous noise of what sounds like overturned cars hits his ears. He silently mourns the vehicles but knows that it’s for the best.

 

Kyungsoo turns back around and slumps in the seat, exhaling a sigh of relief and leaning the rocket launcher against the dashboard. He steals glances at Kai and the vibrant blush returns to his skin. The sun is beginning to set now and the horizon makes everything glow with its golden light. And Kyungsoo feels like he can’t take it anymore, leans towards him with his hands on Kai’s seat as he plants a little kiss on his neck. “Pull over,” he whispers heatedly, already nipping at the skin.

 

“They might still be after us,” Kai tells him worriedly especially because their car isn’t exactly the most common thing on the road. Despite his words, he turns into an underground parking garage to park and, before he even gets the chance to turn off the engine, Kyungsoo’s lips are against his; he needs to get his clothes off and--

 

“I don’t want to get in trouble with you anymore,” Kyungsoo breathes heavily, already sitting on Kai’s lap with his lustful hands travelling down his pants.

 

“What if I you with that gun?” he offers, biting on Kyungsoo’s lip and rolling his hips upwards against him.

 

“I won’t let you take that back.”

 

And he seals the deal with a kiss.

 

 

Next Update: 29/08/2014