Love

Penpals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yiruma - Fotografia

After waiting days and nights for the letter, he finally received it. He opened it up like a kid would open up his present during Christmas Eve, but for Chanyeol this was way better. He had made himself a friend, without the effort. It seemed like she understood him perfectly, since she wasn`t offended by his bluntness or silly questions. She actually liked his presence; he had never experienced that before; someone liking him that was.

The envelope was opened, the candy bar placed in his free hand and his lips moving the candy bar trailing down his throat and landed in his stomach. Before he began reading the actual letter a couple of photos landed on his lap and he furrowed his brows tilting his head to the side. He looked back inside the envelope to make sure every picture had escaped it, and they had.

He gently took a hold of the four pictures sent to him and looked through them. He smiled thinking the little girl wasn`t lying to him after all, she was just like the girl she had drawn, only she was cuter on the picture. He switched to the next picture seeing her mother dozed off on the sofa and the third was of her father. He had gritted teeth and held his palm out to block the probably flash coming from the camera. Chanyeol let out a chuckle thinking the little girl was brave to take the picture anyways.

The last picture made Chanyeol confused. Who was this little boy? He was smiling, looking at the several flowers he was watering with the water hose. Chanyeol opened the book; Faces and looked through it. He found the expression that resembled the boy`s face the most and compared the two. “Happy” He whispered in the thin air knowing now this little boy was happy. What he didn`t understand was why Minyoung had sent a picture of him.

He quickly pulled the letter out of the envelope and read through it now finished with the candy bar. He believed Minyoung had probably written something about the boy in the letter and he was right, but it only brought back old awful memories. The envelope just slipped out of his grip, and his mouth dropped.

He knew nothing about love, the only time he actually did date was because this girl constantly used to smile at him at work. He didn`t understand why until one of his colleagues told him why. Chanyeol was never comfortable with non-verbal communication, because he didn`t understand it at all. If it hadn`t been for his colleague he wouldn`t know that this girl was actually checking him out.

Chanyeol`s eyes closed shut as the awful memory played in his head. He remembered how he had bought this particular girl a can opener for Valentine`s gift. He had heard her complain about her old one, so he decided giving her something useful would cheer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter