Chapter 4

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo stumbled into Suga Monster as she raised her hand to hide the yawn coming out of . She was absolutely exhausted from working late hours at the convenience store and trying to scrap up enough money to pay her rent, pay her bills and revamp her apartment so it looked a little livelier.

She went straight to the bar, grabbing a rag from under the counter. Washing the counters and doing the dishes wasn’t so bad; it was mindless work that kept her occupied from all the stress piling on her shoulders. Besides, the club was always quiet during the daytime and afternoons since not many people preferred to get wasted in broad daylight and have major headaches for the rest of the day.

Jisoo was so occupied washing her cup, she didn’t see Jungkook and Jimin walk through the door and plop onto the bar stools until Jimin tapped the counter, startling her out of her trance.

“Tequila,” Jimin groaned, resting his head against the counter.

An eyebrow shot up as Jisoo glanced at the clock. Tequila at 9 a.m.? Seriously?

She poured him a glass of water instead and pushed it towards him. “You’ll thank me later.”

Jimin pouted but took the water anyways. He supposed he could hold off on the alcohol and the hangovers for later in the day.

Jungkook stared at Jisoo, never releasing his gaze on her until she fidgeted uncomfortably and turned to face him with a small scowl on her face.

“What?” she huffed.

His eyes lowered to her neck, where the bruises were covered with makeup. Jisoo’s hand immediately shot up and rubbed her neck tenderly.

“Where’s the bruise?” Jungkook asked.

She flinched visibly and Jimin sipped his water quietly, staring between Jungkook and Jisoo.

“What bruise?” she stammered.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes. “Don’t play dumb. Bruises don’t disappear within a week. I know what I saw and I know you’re trying to hide it.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Jungkook stood up abruptly and reached over the counter to grab her hand that was covering her neck. “I think you do. You’re being awfully suspicious and I’m going to find out what you’re hiding.”

Jisoo slapped his hand away and stumbled backwards, staring at him with petrified eyes. “Don’t touch me!”

“Jungkook, maybe you should stop…” Jimin murmured from the side.

“What the hell is going on?” a deep voice interrupted.

All three eyes snapped towards Taehyung, who sauntered into the club and dropped himself into the seat next to Jimin’s.

“Nothing,” Jisoo muttered, turning her back towards him. It had been a week since she patched him up when he showed up bleeding at her part time job at the convenience store. She wanted to talk to him after the incident but he was a hard man to pass by. It was like he was intentionally avoiding her or something. “How’s your wound?”

Jimin and Jungkook turned to stare at Taehyung. How did she know about that?

Taehyung kept his poker face. “Fine.”

Jisoo hid a smile as she put all the clean cups aside and began to work her way around the counter to wash the tables.

“Stop harassing my employee,” Yoongi drawled lazily, as he walked towards them from the storage room.

“We weren’t harassing her,” Jimin said. “Only Jungkook was.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “Hey, kitty. Go clean the tables over there,” he said, pointing to the tables across the room.

Jisoo stopped in her tracks and frowned. “Kitty? Really?”

Yoongi pointed to her nametag and shrugged. Jisoo glanced down to see ‘Kitty’ written where the nametag said: “My name is.”

“That’s not going to stick is it?” she groaned.

“Go away, kitty. We have big boy business to take care of,” Jimin snickered.

She shot a glare at him before stomping her foot childishly and grabbing her rag to clean the tables.

“She’s cute,” Jimin grinned boyishly. “You think she has a boyfriend?”

Namjoon came up from behind Jimin with Jin and Hoseok and smacked his head. “Don’t even think about it.”

“Ouch!” Jimin yelped. “Okay, okay. Jeez, no need to assault me.” He then turned to Taehyung with a baffled expression. “So how’d you get to know her? I mean, she obviously knew about the bullet wound.”

The boys turned to face him and Taehyung shrugged. “She cleaned the wound when I passed out from blood loss at the convenience store.”

“That’s what happened?!” Hoseok exclaimed.

“So… did you thank her when you woke up?” Jin asked curiously, always the gentlemanly one who cared about manners and whatnot.

“I tackled her.”

The boys went silent before Yoongi burst out laughing. He clutched his stomach and literally guffawed for a few good minutes before wiping the tears from the corners of his eyes. “Of course. A pretty girl saves your life and you attack her. Why did I expect anything different?”

Taehyung glared at him and punched his arm. “Shut up. I was defensive since I just got shot.”

Yoongi sorely rubbed his arm. “Whatever.” He then turned to Jungkook, who had a sour expression on his face as they talked about Jisoo. “What’s your problem?”

“Jungkook doesn’t like Kitty,” Jimin said before Jungkook could get a word in.

“I don’t dislike her. She’s just a puzzle that I can’t seem to solve. Kind of like a big mystery and it makes me frustrated that I can’t break through her walls,” Jungkook said.

Taehyung stared at Jisoo from across the room, analyzing her every move. Was what Jungkook said true? Jungkook was the best at getting first impressions of people; in fact, he was rarely wrong. He could unravel someone’s past with just a single glance at the way they talked, the way their muscles moved, the way their facial expressions changed.

He brushed it off as the boys changed the subject. It was never any good to get tangled with a person who wasn’t associated with the gangs or underground workings of downtown Seoul. People who got close to him always got hurt; and he didn’t want anyone else he cared about getting hurt.

He shut his eyes and massaged his temples as his thoughts naturally drifted back to her.

Ever since Jisoo moved in, he would think of her more often and it hurt his head. He didn’t have time for his thoughts to be clouded by a person of his past and he just wanted to forget everything about her.

Hours passed and it was approaching 7 p.m. when the club started getting busy. The boys grabbed the V.I.P table

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter