Chapter 21

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo hated this feeling.

She felt guilty and anxious.

The drug deal was in three days and Bang Shihyuk’s ambush attack on the boys were getting harsher and fiercer everyday. While Taehyung had fully healed from the first attack a week ago, Bang Shihyuk had made it a point to torture all the boys.

Yoongi and Namjoon were the first targets after Taehyung and Bang Shihyuk had sent around fifteen men after them when they were leaving Suga Monster. They had taken out about seven of them before their stamina began to drop. The sheer number of opponents they had turned the tides and they came home with battered bodies and broken ribs and arms.

Hoseok was the second target. On his way home from a car race, he realized he was being followed. He made a turn to divert his stalker from following him home and turned to attack when the stalker hit him in the abdomen with a steel bat. Three more men appeared from the shadows and ganged up on him, leaving nasty bruises all over his body.

Jin and Jungkook were the most recent victims as they were attacked by Bang Shihyuk’s men in broad daylight. It was on the sidewalk in front of the convenience store when someone approached them with a pocket knife in hand. Jin disarmed the man first when Jackson, Mark, and Yugyeom came to help, ganging up on Jungkook. Jungkook ended up with a wound to his arm and they were forced to retreat. Though the wound wasn’t deep, it was long and he lost enough blood to make him unconscious for a few hours.

A flick to the forehead broke her out of her thoughts and she flinched backwards.

“Stop worrying.”

Jisoo glared at Taehyung. “How can I not!? They’re all getting hurt because of me. It’s my fa—“

Taehyung covered with his hand and she sent him a not-so-threatening glare. “It’s not your fault. We knew this would happen when we decided to stand up against Bang Shihyuk. This would’ve happened sooner or later. You’re just a catalyst to the process.”

She felt her tears betray her as they gathered at the corners of her eyes. Taehyung sighed as he saw this and wiped away the oncoming tears with his rough thumb. “Seriously, troublesome. You’re crying now? I can’t deal with crying woman.”

Jisoo batted his hand away and sniffled slightly. “I’m not crying. I just don’t want anyone to get hurt anymore.”

Taehyung’s eyes softened the slightest bit and he pulled her into a hug. She wrapped her thin arms around his waist and he rested his chin on her shoulder. “It’s almost over. The deal is in three days and then it’ll be over.”

“You have to be careful, okay?” said Jisoo, her voice muffled against his shirt.

He nodded and patted her hair. “I will.”

Taehyung could hear the water running upstairs and let out a breath of relief. Jisoo had finally calmed down and decided to take a shower before heading down for dinner. The rest of the boys had returned home and thankfully there weren’t any more calamities that day but the fact that Bang Shihyuk hadn’t made a move made him feel more on edge.

“Three days, boys,” said Yoongi. “Three days…”

Jimin frowned. “I just want to get this all over with. The anxiety’s killing me.”

“I just want to punch Jackson. After what he did to all of us,” Jin replied, anger lacing his voice.

The other boys murmured in agreement.

Suddenly, a ring from Taehyung’s phone caught everyone’s attention. It was an unknown number and he stared at it for a few moments with suspicion before pressing the answer button.

“Hello?” he asked gruffly.

“Warehouse 10. I expect to see you there if you don’t want to see anything happen to your friends,” Bang Shihyuk said. Taehyung’s lips curled into a snarl and he was about to snap something snarky in reply when the phone went dead.

Namjoon eyed him warily. “Who was it?”

“Bang Shihyuk.”

The temperature in the room dropped ten degrees. Jungkook stood up abruptly, surprising the other boys. “You can’t go. It’s a trap. I can just feel it in my gut.”

“I know,” Taehyung snapped. “But I have to go if we want the ambushes to stop and you know it. I doubt he’ll do anything drastic today. He’s just trying to instill fear.”

Hoseok shook his head in disagreement. “I’m with Jungkook on this one. This is a trap. He’s trying to separate us by calling you out alone. Don’t go Taehyung.”

Taehyung stood slowly, grabbing his jacket from the couch. He slipped it on and threw up the hood. “I have to go. Come to Warehouse 10 if I don’t come back within the next hour.”

He made a move to leave when Namjoon stood and grabbed his shoulder firmly. “You better not die on us.”

“We’ll never forgive you if you do,” Jimin added seriously.

Taehyung shook off Namjoon’s hand and nodded curtly. “I’ll be back.”

The sound of the door closing was the last thing the boys heard before Taehyung stepped out into the night.

Warehouse 10 was on the south port near where the sea met land. It used to be abandoned before Bang Shihyuk took it over and now it was their underground headquarters. The streets were empty as it was nearly midnight as Taehyung made his way to the warehouse.

He clenched his fists tight, preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. JB and Bambam waited outside the warehouse for him. They pointed their guns at him and Taehyung slowed in his walk until he was about ten feet in front of them.

“Put your hands up,” JB commanded.

Taehyung nearly spit in his face for his disrespectful tone but did what he was told as they were armed and he was not.

Bambam kept his gun aimed towards Taehyung, while JB lowered his gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter