Chapter 20

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung woke with a start. He grunted as he felt a weight against his abdomen and looked down to see Jisoo crouched near the sofa, leaning her head against his body as she slept. He moved carefully to not wake her but her eyes shot open at his slightest movement and she stood abruptly, causing her to teeter backwards slightly.

Regaining sense of her surroundings, she realized Taehyung was awake and immediately went to his side. “Are you feeling better?”

“Didn’t I tell you to stop worrying?” Taehyung muttered.

Jisoo stuck her tongue out and crossed her arms childishly. “Why do I worry more when you say that?” Then suddenly a thought struck her and she motioned for Taehyung to sit comfortably. “Wait here. I made some rice porridge last night so you could eat it once you woke up. Let me get you some.”

Before Taehyung could protest and say that she didn’t need to bother, she was gone in a flash. He couldn’t help but shake his head at her antics and his heart felt light. She reminded him of his mom. He couldn’t remember the last time he felt so at home and cared for. Ignoring Jisoo’s request for him to stay put, he rose from the sofa and made his way to the kitchen.

Jisoo stood on her tip toes, attempting to reach the glass plate on the second shelf of the cabinet. It was truly a struggle for such a small girl and she felt triumph when her fingers grazed the edge of the plate. She was about to jump for it when she felt a body come behind hers and reach up to grab the plate with ease.

“Don’t go breaking Jimin’s chinaware, troublesome.”

Jisoo merely poked Taehyung in the chest and frowned. “You shouldn't be moving too much.”

“I got up from the couch after hours of sleeping. I don’t think I’m going to die yet.”

Grabbing the plate from Taehyung’s hands, she didn’t reply and went to turn the fire on the stove off. The porridge was now steaming and the smell was absolutely mouth watering.

“I guess you learned how to cook a bit after burning basically everything in your old apartment.”

“I did not burn everything.”

“Whatever.”

“You’re so infuriating. Can’t you just go sit down?” Jisoo grumbled, pouring some of the porridge onto the plate. She grabbed the bottle of medicine as well and made a move to push Taehyung back to the couch when he suddenly swooped down and stole a chaste kiss.

Her face burned and her words became jumbled. “W-what was that for?”

He raised an eyebrow. “Why are you so surprised? It’s not like it’s the first time.”

“I know!” Jisoo stammered. “But it was just unexpected, that’s all!”

“You get flustered so easily.” Taehyung smirked.

They both made their way back to the couch and Jisoo popped open the medicine bottle and shook out two tablets. “Jimin said to take these pills. It’ll help with the pain.”

“I don’t need them,” Taehyung replied in between mouthfuls of porridge.

Jisoo mentall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter