Chapter 19

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taehyung…”

“I know,” Taehyung replied to Yoongi curtly. He didn’t mean for his reply to come out so sharp and brusque but he was on edge.

There was only a week and a half left until the drug deal yet nothing had happened. Bang Shihyuk hadn’t contacted them after Taehyung’s refusal to do the deal and there were no signs of his men tailing them. It was too quiet; Bang Shihyuk wasn’t a man to take ‘no’ as an answer and the boys had overly anxious and cautious with the lack of reaction from the enemy side.

“Are you sure you know?” Yoongi retorted sarcastically. “Do you really know that we’re behind you on this? We’ve got your back. Stop trying to handle Bang Shihyuk by yourself.”

Taehyung didn’t reply.

Jimin stepped forward and placed a firm, reassuring hand on the boy’s shoulder. “Seriously, don’t try to shoulder all the responsibility by yourself.”

Namjoon nodded in agreement. “We’re proud that you decided against the drug deal. You know that once you do a deal on such a scale like that you’ll never be able to leave the underground scene.”

At this, the boys went silent. Jungkook then smirked and cracked his knuckles.

“I don’t know about you but I’ve got a score to settle with that old man. I won’t go down without a fight,” he said menacingly.

“Maybe I’ll let you punch him once. Before I kill him, that is.” Jin entered the room, leaning against the doorway. “If you’re lucky.”

Jungkook was about to shoot back with an insult when Hoseok jumped into the conversation. “Get in line. I’m first! Can’t wait to beat the living daylights out of that old hag.”

“It’s great to see so many willing participants to fight against Bang Shihyuk,” Namjoon said, rolling his eyes, “but first we have to find him and break through his guard. He hasn’t made a move and we’re getting close to the drug deal deadline. You know he’s going to strike soon. We have to be prepared.”

The mood became solemn and Yoongi broke the ice. “Where’s Kitty?”

“Oh yeah, where’s our little princess?” Jimin questioned.

Taehyung’s lips curled in disgust. “Don’t call her that.”

Amused, Hoseok poked Taehyung in the arm. “Why not? It’s true, isn’t it? We’re basically her knights in shining armor. Makes us sound kind of cool.”

“Shut up. She’s packing her stuff so she can move into the empty room at Jimin’s house later.”

“I almost forgot about that,” Jimin admitted. “Do you need to pack your things too?”

Taehyung shook his head. “I should have some clothes wandering around in your house.”

“You do come over excessively.”

“…Whatever.”

Jin frowned and tapped his chin, contemplating. “Are you sure it’s safe for her to come over here by herself? Just because Bang Shihyuk hasn’t tried anything yet doesn’t mean he’s not going. We have to be on our guard.”

“I’m going to go pick her up,” Taehyung said shortly, standing from his seat on the couch. “I’ll be back,” he said to Jimin.

Jimin waved him off. “You barge in here whenever you want anyways. See you later.”

Taehyung nodded to the other boys and headed out the door.

On his way back to the apartment, he let out a quiet sigh. Why wasn’t Bang Shihyuk making a move? Then suddenly, he felt a chill go down his spine. It was only four in the afternoon. The streets shouldn’t be this empty or quiet.

He whirled around as he saw a shadow come sneaking behind him and elbowed the offender in the rib, causing him to topple down. Taehyung didn’t even have a chance to catch his breath as he was suddenly surrounded by ten other men.

“I was wondering why that old bastard was staying so quiet.” Taehyung spit on the ground.

“You’re awfully cocky for being outnumbered, little boy,” one of the men sneered.

Taehyung turned his steel gaze to the man and he flinched back at the boy’s hard glare.

“You’re awfully cocky for being outclassed, old man,” Taehyung snarled.

“Who’re you calling old?”

Taehyung bristled as Jackson made his way through the crowd of men surrounding him. He smirked at the boy’s hostile posture. “I’ve always wanted a chance to kick your .”

It happened so suddenly and all at once. The men advanced on Taehyung and he grit his teeth, preparing himself for the inevitable outcome of the fight.

“Why is he taking so long?” Jisoo huffed, checking her phone for what felt like the umpteenth time. “If he doesn't reply in the next ten minutes, I’m leaving by myself!”

The clock ticked by and she was irked by the time ten minutes were up. Maybe he forgot that he promised to pick her up. She lifted herself off the bed and grabbed her small duffel bag filled with her clothes and other daily essentials.

Making her way to the door, she looked back at her apartment and gave a small smile. “It was nice living here while it lasted.”

With one last nostalgic glance back, Jisoo locked the room and walked out of the apartment complex. She began walking in the direction of Jimin’s apartment and smiled slightly when she saw Suga Monster come into view.

A girl lingered in front of the club and Jisoo tilted her head, wondering who was just standing outside and not going in. When recognition dawned her, Jisoo’s eyes hardened and she moved to pass the girl without saying any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter