Chapter 16

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Where am I?

All Jisoo saw were blurs of blinding white light. She tried to open her eyes fully but the light was making it difficult to see. For a few more moments, she struggled to open her heavy eyelids, while trying to recall the previous moments before she out. The distinct memory of someone calling her name was the most prominent thing she could remember but she couldn’t seem to put a name to who it was.

As she finally readjusted to her surroundings and regained full consciousness, reality hit her like a ton of bricks. The white walls of the hospital and the smell of antibacterial medicine in the air made her feel nauseous and Jisoo knew she had to escape from there immediately. The panic was swelling in her chest and she was slowly losing rational thought as the only thing in her mind was on where the exit was. Her past experiences with hospitals left her traumatized and she never wanted to return to one ever again.

Her arms felt like they were being chained down and she began hyperventilating as she struggled to raise her arms. She blindly reached for the needle in her arm and ripped it out.

At that moment, a nurse was entering the room with a cart full of medicine and bandages when she saw Jisoo weakly roll off the bed, trying to stand on her own.

“Miss, you shouldn’t be moving right now!” The nurse said, panicked. She tried to guide Jisoo back to the bed but Jisoo pushed her away roughly in a wild panic, causing the nurse to crash into the cart. As soon as Jisoo let go of the railing of her bed, though, her knees collapsed under her and she toppled to the ground. She mustered enough strength to drag herself upright again but by that time, more nurses and doctors had entered her room after hearing the commotion.

A couple of them were helping the previous nurse stand, while the doctors began slowly closing in on Jisoo. Her eyes darted back and forth, trying to find any means of escape. The door opened once more, as some other people entered the room but Jisoo was barely paying attention to that.

“Jisoo, we’re here to help you. We’re your doctors,” the man closest to her said slowly, as if she would snap at the smallest movement. The word ‘doctor’ threw her over the edge and she backed up until she hit the wall.

“What’s wrong with her?” A familiar voice demanded from the behind the crowd of doctors.

The doctor that spoke previously took a step forward and tried to reach out to Jisoo but she began struggling and slapped his hand away. The other doctors began approaching and she let out a high-pitched scream. She twisted and turned and even bit one of the doctor’s hands before she felt a needle prick her arm.

“What the hell did you do to her?!” An angry voice shouted, but she could barely take the time to comprehend the sentence as she fell back into unconsciousness.

“Someone better tell me what the just happened,” Taehyung stated coldly and lowly. He turned his sharp gaze to the nurse that Jisoo had pushed down and she cowered backwards. Yoongi, who had been getting a snack from the vending machine after watching over Jisoo since her admittance to the hospital, shot Taehyung a warning glare and Jimin put a firm hand on Taehyung’s shoulder to ensure he didn’t take his anger out on any random bystander.

The doctor that Jisoo bit cleared his throat and attempted to fix his disheveled appearance before motioning for Taehyung, Yoongi and Jimin to join him in his office. “Please follow me, gentlemen. I think we have a lot to talk about.”

The boys exchanged glances before taking wary steps after the doctor. The doctor ushered them in and shut the door behind them before joining the boys at his desk. “Are you Kim Jisoo’s guardians?” The doctor, with the namtag ‘Dr. Yi’, questioned.

“Yes,” Yoongi replied immediately, while Taehyung seemed to hesitate for a moment.

“Alright,” Dr. Yi said, though he seemed a bit suspicious of the boys. He reached into his desk and pulled out a thick manila folder that had papers sticking out. “This is Jisoo’s medical record. It’s quite…detailed and extensive, much to our surprise. This is a small area and there’s not usually any strangers who stop by the hospital. In fact, I’m pretty sure our hospital has the medical records of everyone in our area so when a girl I’ve never seen around downtown dropped by our hospital, we had to request her medical records be sent to us by the big hospital in the city.”

Dr. Yi pushed the file towards the two boys and Taehyung reached over for it first. The folder was heavy and the papers inside were fading in color, meaning that the files dated back to years ago. The first sheet he saw was her personal information sheet with an outdated picture of her as well as basic information such as her name, birth date, blood type, etc.

He slowly flipped through the files as Jimin turned his attention back to Dr. Yi. “So what if Kitty has a big medical file? What’s that gotta do with what just happened in the room?”

Dr. Yi seemed bemused at the use of Jisoo’s nickname as if it was funny to see a tough guy like Jimin call a girl by a pet name. “It seems that she’s been through quite a lot in her 22 years of living. We ran some tests on her and we found old fractures in her bones that were never treated properly. They seem to range from a few years old to being as recent as a few weeks old.” At this, he gave the three boys a hard stare and Yoongi threw up his hands.

“We did not hurt Kitt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter