Chapter 15

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every muscle in Jisoo’s body felt like it was being torn apart. It were as if chains were shackled around her legs, weighing her down and she was holding the weight of the sky. Her body felt like it could collapse any second but she refused to return to her apartment before finding a job.

She’d procrastinated long enough in finding her second job after quitting Suga Monster and now she was literally at rock bottom with her bank account. It was either find a new job immediately or return to the city, which just wasn’t an option for her.

Leaning against the nearest wall, she paused to take a break. Her ragged, short breaths sounded painful even to her ears and she could feel the heat from her fever radiating off her body. She took another step and accidentally tripped over her own feet, sending her flying to the concrete floor. A hiss of pain escaped her as the concrete scraped against her bare skin.

She struggled to stand back up and her vision began to blur in front of her. Before she could fall again, though, a hand shot out and gently gripped her elbow, holding her steady.

“Jisoo…”

Her name sounded distant and foggy and the next thing she knew, everything was black.

“You’re a coward.”

Taehyung’s eyes snapped up to meet Namjoon’s and the boys stared at each other coldly, neither one backing down.

“You’re so messed up after throwing Jisoo away—“

“Shut up,” Taehyung snarled.

Namjoon ignored him and continued. “You know you didn’t just fall for her because she looked like Suzy. That’s a shallow, superficial reason. Maybe in the beginning the resemblance struck you and that’s the reason she caught your attention but you know that’s not the case anymore. Acting like an and pushing her away will just hurt both of you. You’re destroying yourself, Taehyung. The alcohol doesn't even numb your pain anymore. You’re just going through the motions of drinking and racing and fighting without actually thinking. A shell of your former self.”

The other boys remained quiet, glancing between Taehyung and Namjoon in case they needed to interfere if things became violent.

“It’s for the best,” Taehyung replied, his voice tight and laced with underlying bitterness and anger.

“Bull. Stop lying to yourself. You’r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter