Chapter 12

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo nibbled on her lower lip nervously as she wiped the same spot on the table mindlessly, while stealing glances of Taehyung from her peripheral vision. Neither of them had spoken a word of what happened before with their ‘almost kiss’ and it was driving her crazy. Was she supposed to ignore it and act normal?

Whatever normal is anymore, she thought sarcastically.

She wanted to know where she stood with him but she knew he would just avoid the subject or give her an answer she wouldn’t be satisfied with. Heaving a sigh, Jisoo wringed the wet cloth before moving to another table to clean.

“Why the long face?”

Turning to face Yoongi, who smiled knowingly at her, she gave him a bright albeit fake smile. “What long face?”

“Oh you know, the face that young high school girls usually make when they’re hopelessly in love and in a dilemma,” Yoongi drawled.

Jisoo stiffened and Yoongi couldn’t help but smirk.

Bingo.

Jisoo tried to act casual thought her voice was trembling slightly. “I’m not hopelessly in love nor am I in a dilemma. I don’t know what you’re trying to imply.”

“Are you sure you’re not in love? Because it seems you’ve got a big crush on Tae—“

Yoongi didn’t get to finish his sentence as a wet rag came flying at his face.

Jisoo blushed a deep red and scowled at her immature boss. She most definitely was not in love. Even as she repeated the mantra in her head, she couldn’t believe it.

Every time she tried to convince herself that everything that happened between her and Taehyung was innocent and through an act of comfort, she stumbled upon a memory that made her blush and her heart beat faster.

Then it hit her like a bulldozer and she felt the air being knocked out of her at the sudden realization.

The time she helped him with his bullet wound…

The time he helped her paint her room…

The time she was so upset when he didn’t accept her cookies…

The time he took her home after her drinking escapade...

The time she jumped into his car before his race without thinking of the consequences…

The time he saved her from Taecyeon…

The time she revealed her past to him…

The time he offered her his bed…

Gradually but surely her feelings for the mysterious boy had accumulated and now she couldn’t deny what was so obvious to everyone else.

She had fallen for Taehyung. Jisoo truly liked Taehyung.

“Jeez Kitty, no need for violence. I was just teasing,” Yoongi chuckled but stopped short when he saw his red faced employee turn her head in embarrassment. “Oh my god you really do like him. I knew it.”

“Shush!” Jisoo pleaded. “Don’t tell anyone!”

Yoongi stared at her long and hard enough to make her feel slightly uncomfortable under his glance before he spoke again. “Be careful Kitty. I know whatever we say about Taehyung won’t keep you away from him, but remember, curiosity killed the cat. Don’t dig too deep or you might get hurt.”

“It doesn’t even matter. My feelings aren’t reciprocated so there’s no need to worry about anything happening between us,” Jisoo sighed, trying to brush it off as if it was nothing.

Yoongi didn’t believe her for a moment but let it slide.

“Oh, look there’s lover boy right now.”

Jisoo was about to glare at Yoongi for teasing her when she locked eyes with Taehyung who just entered Suga Monster. She turned her head quickly and shot Yoongi, who was trying his best to restrain his laughter, a dirty look.

“You , you know that?” she huffed.

Yoongi rolled his eyes before going to join his friends. “Just go back to work.”

The boys made room for Yoongi as he approached the table they were sitting at. He glanced around before asking, “Where’s Jungkook?”

At that moment, Jungkook burst into the club and looked around wildly before locating his friends. He scrambled through the crowd and slammed his hands on the table as he reached his friends.

“Jungkook, what—“

Jungkook cut off Namjoon’s question as he looked at them with wide eyes. “I just saw Suzy noona with Jackson down the street. I don’t know why they’re here but it seems like they were headed in the direction of the club. “

At the mention of Suzy’s name, the temperature seemed to drop ten degrees. The boys all shot Taehyung wary glances. Taehyung clenched his fists and slammed them on the table, startling the boys as well as Jisoo who stood at another tabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter