Chapter 15

The Great Story

                “There’s a on the HOUSE!!!!!!”

                “Luhan, no!!!!” Baekhyun ran forward to grab his partner but Luhan was faster. He grabbed the broom and charged at Chanyeol, attacking him violently.

                “Luhan!! Stop!!”

                “How dare you attack Baekhyun!! That will teach you to mess with my member!!” Luhan smacked Chanyeol. The taller man ran behind the couch and ducked in the kitchen, but it’s a big man in a small dorm against a small guy with a big broom. The odds are against him.

                “Stop it stop it!!” Baekhyun grabbed the broom away from him forcefully. “He’s not a , he’s my boyfriend!”

                “You son of a…what did you say?” Luhan stared at Baekhyun with his mouth open, while Chanyeol crept out of his hiding place under the sink.

                “You have a boyfriend?!?!?!?”

                “Luhan, let’s talk in your room.” Baekhyun dragged into his room and locked the door. Luhan gripped the singer’s skinny arms and shook him.

                “You have a boyfriend?!?!?? Since when?!?!?!?”

                “Since…high school…”

                “HIGH SCHOOL?!?!?!? You’ve been dating all this time and you didn’t tell me?!?!?!?!?” Luhan screeched. Baekhyun clamped his hand over Luhan’s mouth and shushed him.

                “I’m sorry, I was going to tell you but I couldn’t risk anyone finding out that I was dating. Kris and Jodi would kill me! You know what the company’s policy about dating actually is.”

                “Yeah, don’t. Especially if you’re gay.” Luhan rolled his eyes. “What’s his name? What is he doing here? Did he come for the showcase?”

                “He was at the showcase; his name is Chanyeol and look what he gave me.” Baekhyun held out his finger and Luhan’s jaw dropped even more.

                “OH MY HOLY BYUN BAEKHYUN THAT RING IS BEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAUUUUUUTIFUL!!!!!”

                “AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” The duo grabbed each other’s hands and squealed, the same kind of squealing a girl does when she gets engaged or when she’s won a pair of tickets to Maui. Yes, we males have that squeal too.

                “Wait, did he just ask you to marry him?” Baekhyun nodded.

                “And you said yes?” Baekhyun nodded again.

                “Wait, how is that possible? You can’t get married to him! We still have a performance and we’re releasing an album…”

                “Relax relax okay,” Baekhyun said, breathing hard. “Okay, I will admit I didn’t think this through and Chanyeol and I haven’t exactly discussed how we want to work this out. I’m not getting married tomorrow; it’ll be months or maybe even years before that happens. And you don’t just stand there and think when someone proposes to you, you just say the first syllable that pops up in your head. And in this case, it’s the word yes.”

                “I cannot imagine how you’re going to talk Kris into this. But I don’t care because I’m so happy for you! You will make me your best man right?” Luhan pulled Baekhyun into a tight hug and smiled. “I’m sorry I hit your fiancé with a broom through, I hope he’s alright.”

                “It’s alright; you’re not the first person to do that. When Chanyeol and I had the first time, his dad hit him with a cane.”

                “Ouch, that gotta hurt.”

                “Yeah, though I think it has less to do with the fact that we were having and more of the fact that we had on his parents’ bed.”

                “EW!!!”

                “Don’t judge me.” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes and shot Luhan a look. “By the way, how are things with Sehun?”

                “Oh god Sehun…” Luhan fell back on his bed and was instantly reminded of his horrible evening.

                “What’s wrong?” Baekhyun sat down next to him

                “Baek, Sehun is in love with me!” Luhan sat up, gripping Baekhyun’s hands.

                “And?” Baekhyun replied nonchalantly, clearly not as surprised or as shocked as Luhan was when he found out.

                “And? Seriously, is that all you can say?” Luhan rolled his eyes. “He said I am a difficult person to be in love with.”

                “Can you blame him?”

                “Baekhyun!”

                “I’m sorry but that’s the truth! If I wasn’t engaged and I liked pretty guys I would find you a difficult person too!” Baekhyun threw his hands up in the air.

                “What am I supposed to do? He just confessed to me, what am I going to do?”

                “Do you like him?”

                “Well…” Luhan fisted his shirt. “I don’t know…I’ve never really thought about it, like actually being in a relationship with him.”

                “I think you know,” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at him. “I think you know your feelings, you’re just trying to pretend that they don’t exist because it’s easier that way. You know you like him. When you were acting with Krystal, it’s not her that runs through your mind. It’s him.”

                “But I’m not in the right place to be in a relationship!”

                “Luhan, look at me.” Baekhyun pointed at himself. “I’m a singer just like you, but I have a boyfriend who I am now engaged to. In the future, I will marry him. You think I’m in a place that’s any different from you? There’s no right place, right time, right age, right , right background when it comes to love. There’s only the right person.” 

                “I don’t know about this. I’m scared.” Luhan bit his lip.

                “You do know. You’re just pretending not to. The sooner you come to terms with your feelings and admit it to yourself, the better you will feel and become.”

                “I’m sorry, but is everything okay in there?” Chanyeol knocked before peeking his head through the door, his elf-like ears and trademark round eyes getting all the attention. Baekhyun stood up and pulled him over.

                “Chanyeol, this is my partner Luhan. Luhan, this is my…” he couldn’t be happier to say it “…fiancé, Chanyeol.”

                “Nice to meet you.” Chanyeol extended a hand.

              “Nice to meet you too and I’m so sorry I thought you were a and called you names and hit you with a broom.” Luhan said apologetically. “I hope I didn’t hurt you.”

                “It’s not the first time I’ve been hit by a broom. It’s fine.” Chanyeol smiled. “I hope everything is okay between you two.”

                “Everything is right as rain. Why don’t we all go into the kitchen and grab a drink?” Baekhyun said. They left the room and Luhan followed the newly-engaged couple. Baekhyun grabbed a few wine glasses and took out the wine bottle. Chanyeol was all over his new fiancé, wrapping his arms around the smaller man and sending him sweet kisses.

                Luhan couldn’t help but look at them in envy. He wished he was like Baekhyun. He wished he had someone who would send him kisses, who would make out with him and endure beatings from a jealous father or roommate in this case. He suddenly wondered if he had been doing the right thing all this time.

                “Baek I have to go.”

                “Where? Luhan, where are you going?”

                “I have to find Sehun.”

                He ran out of the dorm without saying another word.                   

                                                                                ***********************

               He knew the way to Sehun’s apartment like the back of his hand. That place had been a place of refuge from stress, Kris’s yellings, Jodi’s scolding, arguments with Baekhyun and the pressure from fans. He found himself in front of Sehun’s apartment, knocking on the door and hoping Sehun would answer.

                “Luhan? What are you…”

                No time for talking. The first thing Luhan did was barge in and pull his best friend close. Then he kissed him. Yes, for once Luhan initiated something. Sehun’s eyes were wide in shock and his hands were up in the air, undecided where to place it. Luhan pulled their lips apart and looked at him, his eyes glassy and nose slightly runny.

                “Sehun, I’m confused.”

                “You and me both.” The taller model panted.

                “I like you. I do. I like you so much. But at the same time, I’m scared.” Luhan said. “I’m scared of being in a relationship because I at love. You yourself told me I was a difficult person to love. I’m worried that by taking this step, I could lose everything I potentially have, including you. I can’t lose you. I can’t bear to do that.”

                “Okay,” Sehun took a step closer. “Wow.”

                “I know. I’m weird and pathetic.”

                “No you’re not. You’re just…” Luhan could feel his chin being lifted as he looked up at Sehun. “God you’re beautiful.”

                “Really?” the smaller man whimpered out.

                “Yes. You’re so incredibly beautiful. I know you’re scared, and frankly so am I. But at the same time, I can’t help but want to feel this way. Because feeling this way means I am in love with you, and being in love with you makes me feel like I’m flying. It’s scary but so god damn liberating.”

                “Sehun…” Luhan can’t help but look into Sehun’s eyes. He can’t help but feel how perfect it is to be held by his best friend, how wonderfully tingly his lips feel after kissing him and how light-headed he feels listening to the sweet words of comfort and just how…how right all of this feels.

                “There’s no rush, we can take this slow.” Sehun ran a hand through Luhan’s hair and another wrapped around his lower back. “I’m no expert, so we’ll take this as a learning process and work on it together, okay?” Luhan nodded.

                “Luhan, will you be my boyfriend?”

                And you don’t just stand there and think when someone proposes to you, you just say the first syllable that pops up in your head.

                “Yes.”

                And in this case, it’s the word yes.

                He felt his eyes shut and a pair of warm lips on his. Luhan could have sworn he kissed an angel. At that moment, he felt like he was flying.

                                                                                **********************

                And another person who is flying on that same night is Kyungsoo. After the showcase, he was exhausted and spent, but so thrilled. He just witnessed one of the best showcases of his life and his God’s musical gift. He just wanted to spazz and freak out to someone no matter how tired he is and regardless of the fact that it’s way past midnight.

                “You’re late.” Jongin said, hanging around the lobby of their dorm when Kyungsoo finally walked in. “Had a great time tonight?”

                “You have no idea,” Kyungsoo laughed. “It’s pretty late for you too. What are you doing here?”

                “I was at the showcase too. I bought my cousin there.”

                “You were there?!?” Kyungsoo’s eyes widen.

                “Yes, it was awesome wasn’t it?”

                “Oh my god it was fantastic!!” he dumped his stuff and grabbed Jongin’s hands, going on and on about how perfect Luhan’s hair was, how wonderful Baekhyun’s voice was, how jealous he was off the female background dancers and how ic the song was.

                “I mean it was legendary! Don’t you feel that way?”

                “I guess…sorry I was too distracted by the fact that you were holding my hand.” Kyungsoo immediately dropped Jongin’s hands like hot coal and retracted back. “You’re blushing.” Jongin teased.

                “No I was not.” Kyungsoo tried to hide his face.

                “Yes you were.”

                “No I was not!” Jongin tried to grab Kyungsoo’s hands playfully. The smaller boy tried to wince his way out and avoid Jongin’s tickles. His melodic laughter rang throughout the empty hall until with one rough jerk Jongin pulls him close and kisses him. Kyungsoo could taste the beer on the model’s lips and the faint taste of chocolate and something sweet like honey.

                “How was that?” Jongin asked, pulling them apart as they were breathless for air.

                “I liked that.” Kyungsoo blushed. He looked up at Jongin and took in the model’s handsome features.

                “Would you prefer to be kissed by me or BxL?”

                “I like kisses.” Kyungsoo answered randomly, his brain on overdrive due to the kiss.

                “Then I’ll make sure you get all the kisses you want.” And he leans forward for another kiss. Kyungsoo willingly lets him.

                He’s no BxL, but you take what you can get. And in this case, Kyungsoo is very happy with what has been offered to him.

                                                                                **************************

                “I think my boss is drunk.”

                “No, he’s happy.” Joonmyun corrected me as we watch Kris and Tao debate over some political issue. I doubt it actually is a political issue because I hear the words “Gucci”, “Justin Bieber” and “Attack on Titan”.

                “Seriously?”

                “Oh yeah. Kris acts like that when he’s happy. He’ll wave his arms about and talk non stop.”

                “Well my roommate is getting frustrated. Or . Whichever comes first.”

                Joonmyun chuckled and put one arm behind me. “How is it like working for Kris? I hope he hasn’t been too hard.”

                “He’s fussy at times but I think I’m patient enough to tolerate. He’s on cloud 9 tonight. He keeps telling me he’s scored it big with BxL.”

                “I’m sure he did. It’ll be the first major success he has had in a while.”

                “But he has always been successful, hasn’t he?”

              “The man is addicted to success. He hates failure.” Joonmyun shrugged. “Grandma always said he was a sore loser.”

                “What about his parents?”

                Joonmyun paused and took a deep breath. “We grew up without parents. Our parents died in a boating accident when we were 4.”

                “Oh god,” I said, lowering my head. “I am so sorry.”

                “There’s nothing to be sorry for.” He said, moving closer. “Things happen right? Some of them are unfortunate, some of them are not.”

                “I always thought Kris was scary.”

                “He’s scary, that’s true,” Joonmyun shifted closer. “but he’s also smart. And he’s good.”

                “And you?”

                “Me?” he chuckled. “I’m just a slightly less scary, less smart and nicer version.”

                “Sounds good to me.” I drank my water.

                “What about you? Use three words to describe yourself.”

                “Well, I’m…” I paused and thought for a while. “I’m hard working. I’m creative. And I’m sitting here watching my boss and roommate fight.”

                “You’re also forgetting cute.” Joonmyun sniggered.

                “You’re cute too.” I told him, smiling at him.

                “Cuter than Kris?”

                “Hell yeah.”

                And we share a little laugh right then and there.

                “Would you like to go out for dinner with me sometime? I could pick you up from your work.”

                “Oh but Kris is sending me back.”

                “So? I’ll be doing him a favour.”

                “No no,” I wagged my finger. “If you want to, you have to let him send me back.”

                We both turn to look at Tao and Kris who has moved on from the debate and is now pouring each other’s drink. Kris looks kind of giddy and even Tao looks a little more wiped out than usual.

                “Okay, I get what you mean. But what do you say to a dinner date?”

                And you don’t just stand there and think when someone proposes to you, you just say the first syllable that pops up in your head.

                “Yes.”

                And in this case, it’s the word yes.

A/N: How is that for you all? XD I hope you guys are satisfied! I'll be starting my first year in university in a couple of weeks, so hopefully I will be able to finish the story before it gets too overwhelming to continue.

HAS ANYONE SEEN SUHO IN A RED DRESS AND HEELS?!?!?!?!?!??

And he claims it wasn't him, it was his twin sister Junhee ==

Right....and Kaisoo are totally not dating...right...*cue sarcasm*

Comments, upvotes and subbies are loved!!