Chapter 14

The Great Story

                “Come here baby, let me give you a smoochie.”

                “Not now Dae baby, you smell like beer and pee.”

                “I do not smell like beer and pee, I smell like YOOOOOOOUUUUUUU.”

                SMACK!

                “Ow!!! Minnie baby!!! Someone hit me!!”

                “Did they really?” I said, cradling his head. “It’s just a baseball from a Yankee’s stadium after one of the players did a home run.”

                “Really?” he smiled at me and jumped in the air. “WHOOOOOOO!!!! GO YANKEES!!!!!!”

                “Yes, he is officially drunk.” I told Minseok, who just shook his head and dragged Jongdae towards the taxi he had hailed.

                “I’ll send you back Yixing,” Kris said, still looking pretty sober for someone who finished 2 bottles of soju. I should be worried about drunk driving but Kris could still walk in a straight line and he could see my fingers well enough to know they are not conjoined, plus I hate driving. “Baekhyun, would you like a lift back?”

                “No thanks, I’m supposed to meet my friends for a celebratory supper.”

                “Well, let me drop you there at least.”

                “Er, okay then.” Baekhyun and I got into the car. “So who is this friend of yours?” I asked, watching him from the rearvew mirror.

                “His name is Kim Jongin. We’ve known each other for a long time now. His dad is a famous fashion designer.”

                “Oh, is he one himself?”

                “Nah, he’s a model and that’s all the will do.” Baekhyun laughed. “He studies at EXO University.”

                “Don’t they have a campus near the Gangnam area?”

                “That’s their dorm but yeah I think so.”

                Hmm, so Kim Jongin stays at the dorm near my place? Wow, this story is getting weaved into a web of utter confusion. We drop Baekhyun off at the corner and made sure he entered the apartment building safely.

                “Thanks for the ride boss.” I said, taking off my seatbelt.

                “Anytime.” Kris said, tapping his fingers. “It has been a great day Yixing. I can feel it. The future is in our hands.”

                “You mean your hands?”

                “My hands are your hands too, you helped me with this.” He smiled, leaning back in his seat. We exchanged soft glances for a while before he leaned over to give me a hug (or any possible form across the seat of a car anyways).

                “You know, I’ve had a lot of assistants before, but you appeal to me most. I like you a lot.”

                “Gee, thanks boss.” I said, blushing a little. It’s not every day I hear compliments like this. I’m just glad he thinks I’m doing a good job. To know that he trusts me means a lot. It’s more than getting a raise; it’s getting someone’s approval.

                “Will you tell Tao I said hello?”

                “Sure.” I opened the car door and stepped out. I could see Tao in the window, waving at me and smiling away. I smiled back a little wider and decide to do my friend and my boss a favour.

                “Say boss, would you like to come in for a drink?”

                                                                                ******************

                Baekhyun knew Jongin, Chanyeol’s cousin, ever since Chanyeol and Baekhyun started dating. Jongin was that annoying brat with opinions on everything and was a lazy dumb who couldn’t even be bothered to reach for the remote lying a few feet from him. But Jongin had his nice moments. He had offered to take care of Baekhyun when Baekhyun first came to Seoul on his own to become an artist. He stayed in Jongin’s sister’s apartment until he was casted as a Starling trainee. He was rather surprised however when Jongin had called him to stop by at her apartment for something he called a ‘celebratory ’. I hope it’s not what it sounds like.

                He typed in the password on Lina's (Jongin's sister) key pad because he knew what it was anyways and entered. It was dark and he could hear the heavy bass of club music booming from inside. His worst fears have come true. Oh god, is it what it really is?

                “YO!!!!! PARTY IN THE HIZZOUSE!!! Ladies, take your turn, I know you want the Jongin package but you’ll have to wait. Here. Take a number.” Baekhyun wanted to hurl on Jongin’s 2000 dollar mat.

                “KIM JONGIN!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?”

                “Hey there!!!” A half Jongin covered in glow in the dark painted handprints appeared at the porch, blocking Baekhyun’s way. “You made it!”

                “I cannot believe you invited me to a !”

                “It’s not really a , although I wish it was. You know them ladies can’t stop me.”

                “Then what is it?”

                Jongin flipped the switch and the lights came on. The heavy club music stopped and an empty hall was revealed. It was clean and tidy, no beer bottles or the smell of weed. No .

                “What’s all of this for?”

                “Just walk down the hall and you’ll see.” Jongin motioned. Baekhyun walked down Jongin’s narrow hallway into the living room. A tall, handsome man with elf-like ears and a guitar was standing there surrounded by roses and lovely candles.

                “Ch…Chanyeol…” Baekhyun was going to cry. He really wanted to cry. Chanyeol smiled at him and strummed his guitar. He opened his mouth and started singing.

                Now Baekhyun started crying.

Tell the world that we finally got it all right

I choose you

I will become yours and you will become mine

I choose you

I choose you

 

We are not perfect

We'll learn from our mistakes

And as long as it takes

I will prove my love to you

 

I am not scared of the elements

I am under-prepared, but I am willing

And even better

I get to be the other half of you

 

                “Byun Baekhyun,” he put his guitar down and got down on one knee. He pulled out a purple velvet box and revealed a beautiful ring. “Will you marry me?”

                “Ch…Ch…Chanyeol…” Baekhyun was sobbing so hard as Jongin rolled his eyes.

                “Quit sobbing and say yes so we can actually get to the ing!”

                “What is it with you and the god damned..”

                “YES!!!” Baekhyun choked out and ran into Chanyeol’s arms. The taller man swung his beautiful boy- no wait- fiancé around and kissed him repeatedly. Baekhyun watched the beautiful silver band make its way on his finger, where it shone so beautifully against his milky skin. His nose was red, his eyes were runny, his lungs filled with an odd and rather unhealthy mix of oxygen and carbon dioxide due to his erratic breathing and Jongin is still half-.

                “Alright!!” Jongin clapped his hands. “Congratulations to the two most clingy, disgusting, love-song-singing, I-don’t-wanna-be-apart-from-you…”

                “Jongin if you would like to keep your so you can bang that wide eyed boy you called a crush then you better not test me.” Chanyeol threatened as Baekhyun laughed and gave his lover a kiss on the neck. Jongin covered his manhood instinctively.

                “You wouldn’t hurt the Golden Package would you?”

                “The fact that you named your the Golden Package makes me wanna you hurt you even more.”

                “Oh Channie, I forgot how y you are when you’re angry.” Baekhyun purred, rubbing his hands all over Chanyeol’s chest, feeling the amazingly built pectorals underneath. “What’s all this about Jongin’s crush?”

                “Oh yeah, we saw Jongin’s crush at your showcase tonight. The boy’s got big eyes and a huge banner in his hand. Major hardcore BxL fan.”

                “And you said you hated my music.” Baekhyun teased Jongin. “Now you’re in love with someone who loves my music?”

                “Seriously, I let you use my apartment…”

                “It’s your sister’s.”

                “…to propose to your boyfriend, helped you scatter all these petals which I have to clean up before Lina throws a fit at me, got myself half- and painted all these handprints and here you are trying to rip out my and making fun of my love life.”

              “For starters, the half- thing was your idea and secondly if you weren’t such a I wouldn’t try to rip yours.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun purred again, leaning in to sniff Chanyeol’s natural scent and kiss his neck. “Come on Baek, let’s leave Jongin to clean up this place.”

                “Oh sure, make me mess up the place and let me clean it. You are one hell of a cousin.” Jongin stuck out his tongue. “At least stay for the .”

                “If you think that I’m going to let my fiancé touch anybody but me, then your brain is smaller than your , and you’re not really going to have a . You’ll just clean up your place, wash up and text your cute crush.” Chanyeol grinned, putting on his coat and shoes.

                “I will do no such thing.” Jongin protested. “I’m going to call him.”

                “Good luck bro.” Chanyeol fist bumped Jongin and we left the building. The doors closed and Baekhyun can’t help but jump back into Chanyeol’s arms.

                “I missed you.”

                “I missed you too Baekkie.” Chanyeol smiled, sniffing Baekhyun’s hair. “You smell amazing and you were incredible tonight.”

                “Really?”

                “Oh yes. You look like a real y vixen with that song, your voice and those moves.”

                “How would you like to see those moves up close?” Baekhyun leaned in close, running his hand up Chanyeol's strong chest, his fingers ghosting against Chanyeol's s, a move he may or may not have learnt from Minseok.

                “Yes please oppa.” Chanyeol grinned.

                10 minutes, a cab ride, sweaty shoes and thick jackets off later, Baekhyun managed to pull Chanyeol back to his dorm. Luhan was nowhere to be found but it doesn’t matter because if he’s out with Sehun he can be really late. They would have some much needed privacy. Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol on top of him on the couch, feeling the taller man’s weight on him. He missed his giant’s scent and strength. He loved how small he felt and the fact that Chanyeol could break him but he restrains himself from doing so.

                “Oh god Chanyeol…”

                “You’re still so beautiful…” Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun’s neck, feeling the smaller man’s skin under his shirt. “You seem to have lost a lot of weight though.”

                “I know, I had to.” Baekhyun breathed out. He played with the ends of Chanyeol’s hair and kissed him again.

                “I love you.”

                “God, I love you too.”

                “Hey Baek I’m…OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!”

                Baekhyun and Chanyeol lifted their heads to look at a deer caught in headlights.

                Major oops.

                                                                **************

                “So I told him to just send me the letters anyways, to which he did!” Kris said, throwing his hands in the air as he recalls the moment where he was chased after a bear. Or was it the one where the drag queen tried to hump his leg? I don’t know, he lost me after ‘the bastard’.

                “That is nuts. Are you telling me he did?” Tao said, sipping his green tea.

                “Yes he did. I had to pull a restraining order against him, pull a few strings with the court but essentially we got him to stop sending me those condoms I didn’t order.”

                “I still can’t believe they are people out there like that. What about you Yixing?”

                “Huh?”

                “Are you okay? Did you just space out?” Tao pushed my knee.

                “Yeah, sorry but I wasn’t listening.”

                “Oops, I have to take this call.” Kris got up to answer the phone and left the room. I looked back at Tao who’s just sipping his tea casually.

                “You seem happy.” I .

                “Who me?”

                “Yes you!” I pushed his arm. “Were you interested in the story or were you just staring at his lips?”

                “It was a very interesting if not slightly weird story but yes I was interested, although now that you mention he does have lovely lips. I wonder how they taste like.”

                “You should kiss him to find out.”

                “Okay, come one over then. I’ll be waiting.” Kris put his phone down and joined us again. “That was Joonmyun, my cousin. Do you mind if I gave him your house address, he said he’s coming to drop off a few pictures from Suzy’s last photoshoot.”

                “Sure, I guess that’s fine.” I shrugged, ignoring the fact that my toes are tingly when he mentioned the name ‘Joonmyun’.

                “So, what were you two talking about?” Kris asked.

                “Your lips.”

                “We’re talking about WHAT?!” I stared at Tao, who’s looking at Kris intently, his smile curving upwards.

                “My lips eh?” Kris smirked, clearly intrigued by our non-existent conversation. I believe I should just get a bowl of popcorn and sit down and watch the movie ‘’ starring Kris Wu, the y of a boss and Huang Zitao, the even ier -in-a-man's-body.

                “Are you that attracted to me?” Kris asked. If it were me, I would kick my boss in the nuts. But Tao just shrugged.

                “I should ask you that question.”

                “Me? I am not attracted to you! I mean, granted you are very…”

                “Why are you trying to explain? It was a very simple yes or no question.”

                “I was trying to say that you’re nice and all but…”

                “You’re not gay?”

                “Well, no but…”

                “Then you’re straight?”

                “Not really…”

                “Then you’re biual?”

                “Tao will you let my boss finish talking?” I said. Tao glared at me and whispered. “All part of the plan.”

                “You’re confusing me Huang Zitao. I’m a bit worried about working with you.” Kris narrowed his eyes.

                “So am I now that I know you’re ually confused and you can’t seem to decide if you’re attracted to me or not.”

                “I’m not attracted to you!”

                “At all?” Tao raised an eyebrow.

                “Yes.”

                “Bull.”

                Everyone stared at me. Oh I just said that out loud.

                HONK HONK

                “Oh Joonmyun’s here!” Kris got up to answer the door as I tried to sink down and bury myself in the futon couch. Tao kept trying to poke me but I really wanted to be anywhere but here. I just cursed in front of my boss. Oh .

                “Joonmyun, this is Tao, our new martial arts choreographer and I believe you know my assistant hiding behind the cushions and giant panda toy.”

                “Hey Yixing.” I could feel someone pulling the cushions away as the light hits my eyes. I looked up and I could see him smiling down at me.

                “What did I tell you, don’t hide your pretty face.” He lifted my chin and pulled me up. He’s got nice hands. Strong ones too.

                And we spent the night chatting and drinking, Tao and Kris putting up ual fights and Joonmyun and I sharing whispers of literary-sounding one-liners when really all I can think off is kissing the man square on the lips.

                Years later he told me that’s exactly what I should have done.

 

A/N: I know y'all are excited to know what happens to Hunhan but if you've been reading my other stories, you'll know that cliffhangers are what I do best XD But I am so happy with the response you all are giving! It's awesome and thank you so much!

Speaking of which, Winner finally made their album and to whoever who hasn't listened to them GO DO IT NOW. They are incredible. The album is near perfection and it's just...argh. Too many feels right now. On top of that, EXO's new show is coming out soon and Kris updated his Instagram, all dressed in y red.

 

 

Comments, upvotes and subbies are welcomes and loved!!