Normal

Wowwh

You awoke the next morning with a surprising calm. 

Nope. It was actually depression. You could barely drag yourself out of bed. You pulled the curtains and just looked out at the early morning city. The sky, the trees and little shops with flowers outside, sharply dressed men and women walking sleepily; it was all so beautiful. It all seemed so much more vibrant and somehow just out of reach. 

Despite your crappy mood, the world seemed just a little nicer and you couldn't put your finger on why.

When you got to the shop, Eunmin informed you that Daehyun was sick and couldn't make it. He had tried texting you but you hadnt responded so he told Eunmi to pass the message along.

You were a bit relieved. And you thought maybe spending some time apart would make you miss him and rediscover your feelings for him. You were convinced of that.

As the morning went on, you did find yourself missing Daehyun's company.  You convinced Eunmi to switch lunch breaks with you so you could avoid Woohyun. You went over to Daehyun's house to care for him. You made him some soup and made sure he was comfortable. He had a high fever and his head was hurting him a lot. The two of you chatted and laughed just like old times and your feelings for him started to return. You continued to see him for the next few days and everything was starting to feel right again. What you felt with Woohyun was only a phase. You know that your boyfriend is the one for you.

After a few days you returned to your normal lunchbreak and had to see Woohyun as a result, but it wasn't as bad. You were able to ignore his advances and have normal, friendly conversation. This continued on day after pleasant day. You loved being around him. Even though you couldn't date him, you knew you just had to be friends with him. So you told him that you wanted to be his friend and that made him happy. 

Somewhere in the middle of pleasant conversation you mentioned your boyfriend. Woohyun's smile never wavered as he listened intently. And in that moment you knew that it was all going to be fine. That Woohyun - your friend - was just a big flirt and a great friend and you didn't have to worry about any of that pesky drama anymore.

Woohyun stayed for hours that day; all through your lunch break and until the store closed.

And he insited on walking you home.

And you kept repeating to yourself how nice it is to have a friend like him.

And you went to sleep happy that night because you believed that everything was perfect.