An almost perfect day

Wowwh

BEEP

BEEP 

BEEP

BEEP

Your eyes snapped open. It was a Monday. You smiled as you turned off your alarm, slipped your feet into your slippers and rose with a little yawn. You walked to your window and pulled the curtains, revealing the city below, the way you had on every other weekday for over a year. On any other Monday you would have grumbled and whined all the way out the door, but this Monday was very very different.

This Monday was the opening day of Chilleez, your very own frozen treat shop! You were so excited you could hardly contain yourself. You ran to the kitchen for your morning coffee and grabbed a quick breakfast.

You walked back to your room holding your third cup of coffee in one hand and unbraiding your hair with the other. You set down your coffee and shook out your wavy, dark hair. Next, you went to your closet to pick out an outfit for the special occasion. You picked out a light pink, silk blouse and a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and paired it with a pair of green flats. You pulled half your hair up with a green bow. Then you put on a bit of face and eye makeup and a little bit of pink lipstick. Finally you looked in the mirror and spun around a couple times. The look was perfect. Everything was perfect. You were so excited.

You grabbed your phone-you had just gotten a new phone case with the logo for the shop on it-and wallet and headed out the door. You were so so lucky to have found a building just 4 blocks from your apartment. You arrived at the front doors and unlocked the doors. You felt two strong arms sneak around your waist. You turned into your boyfriend's embrace, wrapping your arms around his neck. "Daehyun Oppa!!!" You smiled and kissed him.  "Congratulations on the shop Hyemi-ah~" He cooed. You took in his scent mixed with the early morning breeze. You couldn't have been happier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Grab an apron, Jagiya," You said as you went about the shop straightening everything out, "I'd like to start working on the ice cream sandwiches so we have a good stock by opening. Then you and Eunmin can work the register while I work on making some of the decorative items for tomorrow."  

You and Daehyun worked and worked until the doors opened. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your first customer was a smiling business woman on her way to work. You saved that first dollar to hang on the wall later. A steady flow of customers contiued throughout the early afternoon. Then there was a good hour where you didn't see anyone. You weren't discouraged. In fact you were glad to have the break. Then finally the doors swung open and a customer walked in to whom you bowed politely. You hurried to get behind the register as Daehyun and Eunmin were on break. Only then did you get a good look at the customer. He was average height with a muscular build. He had purple-dyed hair and wore a patterned suit and a goofy lopsided smile. He was shockingly good-looking. He noticed you staring and his smile widened causing you to blush hot red. You couldn't deny your attraction to him, even then. You had a boyfriend, though. You knew you'd best serve him and forget him. He struck up some light conversation about the shop, introduced himself as Nam Woohyun and talked a little about his music group, though, you noted, he was completely humble about it. 

Nobody was in the shop so Woohyun asked you to sit down with him as the two of you enjoyed patbingsu. You both had a lot of questions about each other's careers and lifestyles. He seemed rather intrigued by your simple little life, having only known glamour and fame. His flirting was pretty obvious. You felt bad for not resisting, but the compliments and petting felt fantastic. Especially coming from a hot guy. Who could resist? 

Woohyun eventually had to leave, but left the lingering promise "I'll be back" in his shape to follow you around all day. You couldn't get your mind off him and more importantly, why he wanted to talk to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the end of the day you, Daehyun and Eunmin hung your aprons, cleaned up and headed home. Daehyun walked you to your apartment and gave you a kiss goodnight. But it seemed almost unfair to kiss someone when you were completely captivated by the thought of someone else.

You were torn.