The Twins

Little Bambies

Sehun woke up with a loud groan. He sat up groggily on his bed, rubbing his eyes and scratching the back of his head. He looked around dazedly, trying to figure out who he is; where he is. His hair disheveled to every ways possible.

The sun is shining brightly through the curtain of his window. It was a peaceful sunny morning in his apartment. Sehun made a good decision with moving here after his divorce. The apartment consists of three bedrooms, a dining room with a kitchen, a living room, and three bathrooms.

Ding Dong!

Groaning once again, Sehun jumped down from his bed. It's weekend and Sehun is going to kill whoever it is who woke him up so early in the morning. He walked lazily down the hallway, opening the door to his apartment.

It was his freakishly tall goofy looking best friend with grin plastered on his face standing in front of the doorway, his snapback cap a little tilt to the side. "Good morning!" 

"What's with the sudden polite greeti-"

"Good morning!" another voice chirped, shocking Sehun who stepped back a little. He looked down and saw two toddlers; a girl and a boy, the height of Chanyeol's lower thighs, both holding Chanyeol's hands.

"What the f-"

Chanyeol let go of the toddlers' hands to cover Sehun's mouth with his hand to prevent him from cursing in front of the kids. The toddlers took the chance to run inside the apartment, invading Sehun's sacred hide-out. Chanyeol followed them in, carrying suitcases and two backpacks, Sehun behind him after he closed the door.

Although it's nothing much, Sehun almost coo in awe when he saw the toddlers stopping in the middle of his living room, looking so small compare to Sehun's monstrous size furnitures. "Woah! glass table!" the girl said, admiring Sehun's glass coffee table. The boy crawled under it, making funny faces to his sister.

"Guys, you should come here and introduce yourselves first." Chanyeol called, squatting down, hand motioning for them to come. They came to him and stand on each side of Chanyeol, facing Sehun.

"Hello!" the girl with the white rosy-printed casual dress greeted. "My name is Hannie." she smiled adorably, making Sehun melt into a puddle of goo inside.

Unlike the girl, the boy hid like half of his body behind Chanyeol, and mumbled his name. Luckily Sehun heard him introducing himself as "Hoon."

"I-I'm uh- Oh Sehun?"

As soon as the introduction is over, the toddlers ran around again, splitting ways this time. Chanyeol chuckled before he stand up and make his way to the door again. Sehun followed Chanyeol to the door.

The tall giant came in the apartment carrying for kids' suitcases and two backpacks this time, making Sehun even more confused. Chanyeol put it down on the living room, then plop down on Sehun's couch. He turned the TV on, flipping the channels to Disney Junior. Like magic, the toddlers ran to the living room and sat nicely on the couch with Chanyeol.

"Yeol," Sehun called from the hallway. "A word please."

Chanyeol patted the kids' heads, standing up from his seat to have a talk with Sehun in the hallway. He followed Sehun to the storage room which is near the entrance door. Sehun closed the door behind him and turned the lights on.

"So umm?" Sehun started. "Congratulations? I thought Baekie isn't due until four more months?" he congratulate rather awkwardly.

"Yea. I'll be Park Chanmi's daddy in four months. So excited. Thanks man!" Chanyeol said, a gentle daddy smile on his face. He has been married to Baekie for years yet it was so hard for them to have a baby.

Sehun smiled awkwardly. "Yeah. Great. Hey, uh, so, you want to tell me about who those kids are then?"

"Oh! Hoon and Hannie? They're my friend's children. They're both 3 years old, turning four this January. They're twins, you know? Hoon is older by 8 minutes!" Chanyeol told him, trying to keep his cool. But Sehun can see how he's acting suspiciously.

 "Uh, cool?" the blonde CEO replied, unsure of what to say. "I mean, why are they here?"

"Uh, why are they here?" Chanyeol repeated. "They're just here cause ineedyoutotakecareofthemplease? Causeifyoudonttheniwillbetheworstguyintheplanet."

After his rapping skill exploded, Chanyeol tried to run away, opening the storage room's door to get out, telling Sehun that he's going to make morning coffee for them. Of course Sehun wouldn't allow that, Chanyeol is the worst when it comes to making excuses. Whenever he does that, something is just not right. He pulled Chanyeol back inside the storage room to explain.

"Well?"

"Sehun, I-" Chanyeol stopped to take a deep breath. "You know how long I've been waiting to have a baby on my own, right? But you know that Baekie's womb is weak, a slight stress could cause problem for my baby inside her womb. I can't have her stressed."

"And she would be stressed because?"

"Baekie's best friend just had an accident. Her car crashed and she's in a coma for a week already. Hoon and Hannie are her children. Since she's in coma, there's no one to take care of them. Baek wants to take care of them till her best friend wakes up. But I don't think it's a good idea."

Sehun can faintly hear the cheerful voices of the toddlers singing along to Mickey in the TV outside. The two toddlers are probably dancing to them as well.

"So what are you saying to me?" Sehun asked.

"I told Baekie that I'll have my friend take care of them. I just didn't tell her it's you." Chanyeol grinned nervously. "So you're going to have to take care of them for the time being."

"Wait, WHAT?!" Sehun half yelled at Chanyeol's face, unable to comprehend what how his best friend thinks. Baekie hates him! She would kill him if she knows Sehun's the one keeping her best friend's kids.

"Wait what what?" the tall giant tried to play innocent, fixing his snapback to look convincing.

"You know wait what what what!" the blonde CEO took a stick of broom and hit Chanyeol's head with it once, making the latter grunt. "What do you mean I have to take care of those kids? I don't have any time to do that! I'm a busy-"

"Oh shut up, Oh Sehun. You rarely come to the office anymore after your divor-" Chanyeol stopped himself mid-sentence when Sehun glared scarily at him, challenging him to continue. Chanyeol gulped.

He knows that Sehun is still sensitive about the mention of his ex-wife. One look and Chanyeol can see how devastated Sehun still is with everything. One look and Chanyeol the-said-oblivious-one can see how he's still madly in love with her. Sehun probably misses his Lulu. The guy looks horrible these days.

Now that he look close at it, Sehun is getting thinner and paler by days. His hair looks messier than usual. He's only wearing a worn out white v-neck and a bambi shorts. It's too obvious that the poor guy can't take care of himself very well. He lives alone in a luxurious apartment in Gangnam which has too much space for one person.

Poor guy doesn't know that he doesn't have to live alone; he should've lived with his wife and two kids by now.

"Have someone else take care of them!" Sehun suggested.

"Can't." Chanyeol look down. "Joonmyun hyung and Lay noona are overseas. Jongin and Kyungie are already busy with Kyungin, Jongsoo, and baby Kai. Kris hyung and Tao are anti-kids people. Chen and Minseon noona; those trolls shouldn't be an option at all. You're Hoon and Hannie's only hope."

"But I don't know how to take care of kids!"Sehun whined. "Where's their dad anyway?!"

Chanyeol felt his body stiffen. He can't answer that question; it's not something for him to say. It's something the mother should say. He gulped under Sehun's questioning gaze.

He put on the most serious face he can put on. "Sehun, their dad is just not there for them. Their parents divorced and their mom raised them as a single parent ever since."

"I- I'm so sorry." Sehun uttered. He wasn't sure who he was apologzing to. He was sorry for the kids for not having a dad while growing up. He was sorry for the mom for having to raise her kids on her own. Then again he was also sorry for the dad because he can't see his kids grow up.

 

Good thing Lulu and I didn't have kids before our divorce.

 

Divorce is stupid.

 

Silence fell upon the two male adults in the storage room. That is until suddenly a Mozart song came out from Chanyeol's pocket. Sehun looked at the taller of the two strange. Chanyeol rummages his pocket and took out his ringing phone.

"Seriously, Yeol? Mozart? Classic." Sehun .

"Shut up. It's good for baby Chanmi's brain development!" he defended himself before picking up the call. The call was not on speaker phone, but Sehun can clearly hear the voice on the other line.

"CHANYEOL! OH MY GOD BABY WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?! YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS- OH MY GOD CHANYEOL BABY CHANMI JUST KICKED MY STOMACH AGAIN! WE HAVE TO GO TO THE DOCTOR NOW! I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO HAPPEN TO MY BABY!"

Chanyeol moved his phone to the other ear, rubbing the one which Baekhyun just yelled at. "Keep calm, Baek! Keep calm! Take a deep breath! I'll be there soon, wait for me and don't move-"

"I'M IN THE TUB!"

"STAY IN THE TUB! Don't try to get up! I'm going home now!"

"OH MY GOD FINE I LOVE YOU YEOL!"

"I love you too, Baek." Chanyeol hung up the phone and gave Sehun's shoulder a squeeze before he slammed the storage room's door open, running out quickly to not waste time.

Snapping out from the shock he received by hearing Baekie and Chanyeol's overreacted phone conversation, Sehun run out as well. He caught Chanyeol by his shirt and pull him back to face him. "Yeol! The kids!"

Running in place, Chanyeol looked to the door, then to the living room, to the door, then to the living room again and again, confused. "L-look, Hun, I- This is my first b-baby, I don't want to mess this up. Just do me a favor and take care of the kids today please? Call me if you can't handle them anymore! You're the best, man!" he said, prying Sehun's grip on his shirt, then ran out of the apartment to go home, slamming the door closed in the process.

And the sound of human yelping and falling down was heard.

Baby Chanmi will have two heck of great parents.

Sehun is now left standing alone in the hallway, afraid of walking inside his own apartment. He's no longer alone in his apartment. He has two kids to take care of! He doesn't even know how to take care of kids! Let alone get along with them. He sighed before he timidly made his way to his living room.

 

Just as Sehun predicted. He's welcomed to his own living room with two toddlers wiggling their adorably to some kind of 'Hotdog' song from the TV, following Mickey's and his friends' dance moves. 

"Dotdog dotdog dotgiggididot- #$?!&*!" Hannie sang happily. Hoon wiggles his more, energized by his sister's gibberish singing. They continued dancing until one of them noticed the blonde man in the hallway.

Hoon is the first one to notice the presence of the only adult in the room. He quickly ran to the couch and sat there again, putting on his emotionless face, pretending that he didn't just wiggle his around just now.

Distracted, Hannie turned around when her brother ran so hurriedly to the couch. She saw Sehun peeking at them from the hallway, as if he's scared of them. Clueless of the awkward situation, Hannie smiled and ran to greet Sehun in the hallway, hoping to invite him to the living room to dance with them.

A puddle of water on the floor stopped her. Hannie slipped and fell on her before Sehun can catch her.

Hoon peeked out from the couch in panic, Sehun can only watch in horror as Hannie bit her lower lips, her body trembles, and her eyes getting watery. She let out a few muffled sobs before it turns into loud cries.

The blonde CEO ran to the girl and picked her up to his arms. Hannie continues to cry in the crook of his neck, damping Sehun's clothe. Sehun bounce her up and down, hoping it would calm her down, then maybe she'll stop crying. His hand softly patted her , trying to soothe its pain.

"Hannie hurt!" she cried out, pointing at the puddle of water on the floor, blaming them of what happened to her.

"Y-yeah! Naughty wa-water!" Sehun scolded the water on the floor as well awkwardly. Hannie doesn't seem to find it awkward; she wiped her tears harshly with her hands, calming down a little. Sehun sighed in relief.

He carried Hannie to the couch and put her down. He took tissue from the tissue-box, wiping Hannie's tear stained cheeks with it. Sehun secretly finds it cute how the girl sniffed her snots with her button nose, how her cheeks are flashed red from crying, and how her eyes reflect the pain of her .

Yes, Sehun is kind of a er for cute things.

"Sehunnie, kiss Hannie bum." she said cutely, a hint of a whine added at the end of her sentence.

Taken aback, Sehun let out a choked "I-I'm sorry, what?"

Hannie moves around on the couch, she turned around, positioning herself like a four-legged animal (on her hands and on her knees); showing Sehun her . "Kiss Hannie bum." she repeated rather innocently.

Face now red like a tomato, Sehun fell back a little. Four years of being a qualified single man, hunted down by beautiful rich y women everywhere, Oh Sehun ended up having an underage three years old girl asking him to kiss her . What a happy ending.

Because he doesn't want to have her crying her eyes out again, Sehun 'kissed' her with his hand, touching it slightly, adding a 'muach' sound effect with his lips. Sehun almost swear he saw Hoon rolling his eyes from his peripheral vision.

Hannie turned around again, this time sitting down normally on the couch. She looked up at Sehun with the cutest face ever; her adorable doe eyes wide open, cheeks puffed out, and pinkish lips pouted. The blonde CEO turns stiff, resisting the urge to pepper the girl with kisses and hugs.

"Are you feeling better?" Sehun asked softly, afraid that if he use his normal voice, he'd scare them.

Hannie shook her head. "Hannie want awm." she said, still pouting cutely. Sehun wanted to coo at her when she rubs her belly, trying to tell Sehun that she's hungry.

"You want to have late breakfast?" Sehun asked, confirming his assumption. It's 9.30 AM by then and he himself hasn't eaten anything since he woke up earlier.

Hannie nodded sweetly. Hoon jumped down the couch and ran to the kitchen. Hannie followed the boy. Sehun watches them as the two ventured around his kitchen, opening every cabinet they can reach. He almost laugh at the two's confused expression when they found nothing anywhere.

Maybe that's how he looks too that morning he remembered Lulu is no longer there. He only found a container of kimchi in his fridge. Nothing else.

Back then, when Sehun opened his fridge, he'd be confused on what to eat first as there were so many food. Lulu would cook for him for every meal, making sure it's all healthy and delicious at the same time. But of course, she's no longer here anymore, so no more homemade meals.

And he's been eating take-outs, instant food, or ramyeon ever since.

Two small  hands gripped the hem of his shirt, snapping Sehun out of his thoughts. The twins looked up at Sehun with their doe eyes, making him feel really bad when he saw their hopeful eyes, probably waiting for him to feed them something. It's almost 10 and Sehun himself is getting hungry too.

"I have no food here, I'm sorry." he said. The twins lowered their gaze to the grown, looking like a kicked puppy. "Can you guys eat out?" Sehun asked immediately.

"Eat out?" Hoon asked, eyes beaming happily.

"Tea pawrty?" Hannie asked, thinking that 'eat out' would mean eating in the open, maybe in a park or something like that.

Sehun shook his head. "No. Like we go to a restaurant or something of the sorts to get food. You guys want that?"

Hoon and Hannie instantly screamed and jumped in happiness, surprising Sehun. Their mom must be one to not let them eat outside's food; always making them eat her homemade meals, Sehun thought. He felt guilty feeding other's kids unhealthy food, but this time will do. 

Cause if they cry one more time, Sehun will cry too.

The CEO told them to watch TV for a little bit while he take a shower and get ready. He the TV for them, Hoon and Hannie both sat nicely on the couch watching Doc McStuffins healing dolls. Sehun smiled before leaving to the bathroom.

 

I mean, it's just taking two kids to late breakfast. How hard could that be?


 

 

 

{author's note}

Chapter 1's out! Yeahh! How do you like it?
I made it a little too obvious, didn't I? I'm pretty sure you guys already know who little Hoon and Hannie are. I finished the chapter yesterday and thought it would be nice to post it today.

Anyways thank you for reading :) I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Ooh! And thank you for my the 14 subscribers who subscribed for the foreword! And also my two lovely upvoters :)
Please leave a comment bellow to tell me what you think about the first chapter - is it boring, is it good enough, what do you think will happen, howmuchyouloveme ? -

Peace out for now!

- KPOPMonstahh