Take One.

A Sky Full of Stars

Take One. TAKE it or LEAVE it

 

 

"I dare you to ask this person out." Jongin smirked and pulled out a picture of his nerdy cousin who was about 10 years old. Baekhyun grimaced and pushed the photo away from him, shaking his head.

 

Yes, this is a perfectly normal day for them.

 

"You're stupid to dare people to date your ten year old cousin." Baekhyun sighed and rolled away on the rolly chair, reuniting with his computer. "I'd rather look at Girls Generation."

 

Kyungsoo let out an exasperated sigh before pulling out his lunch box, preparing his meal before Minseok comes by and steals it from him teaming up with Chen who’s also thirsty for his cooking skills. Sometimes Kyungsoo doesn’t know how the hell he’d survive these years in high school. At first he’d imagine himself alone sitting quietly at the back without being distracted by some noisy idiot who happened to be the smartest boy in his class. Might as well the whole school. Well, second smartest. (Don’t tell Baekhyun he thought of that.)

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t know if he’s just letting himself be distracted from all the insane activities they’ve done. Not to mention he joined the sports team called EXO OT10 but, turned to OT11 when he was forcibly joined by Baekhyun. The motto “We are one!” was pretty cheesy but, it actually fit the whole club well. Kris being the leader of the second sub unit. Consisted more of the “mature” players. Luhan, being the second oldest of the group was pretty decent on soccer/football along with Minseok. Kris played fencing but, mostly basketball with Tao and Lay. It made total sense since they were tall, excluding Yixing who prefers to call himself Lay. Pretty much everyone was pretty active on the second team sub unit. Chen just comes and plays whenever he wants to. Team M. Team ‘Men’. Kyungsoo except the rest agrees that they were considered more ‘Manly’ than they were.

 

Team K, stuck with the name Team ‘Kids’, were pretty un-fit. Suho, the leader of the subunit was pretty flimsy and didn’t seem to be very fit. So was Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, Baekhyun just tried to contribute as much as possible. Often being the decoy so the their competitors would focus more on his stupidity rather than Sehun and Jongin who are on the lead. Suho would just trip while Kyungsoo would miss the goal with his clumsy arms and legs. Jongin couldn’t stop laughing after witnessing his awkward run. He nicknamed him “Running Grandma” by relating him to his favorite variety show Running Man. Except Kyungsoo resembled more of a grandma rather than man.

 

Kyungsoo scoffed at his own memory and stuffed kimbap into his mouth to keep him from bursting from recalling his embarrassing moments. If he had never met Baekhyun, he wouldn’t have met the rest. That means no Baekhyun which equals to no insane distractions and fun field trips.

 

Jongin groaned and stuffed the picture inside his pocket, “I have to find my cousin a boyfriend or else she’ll flash my underwear in public.”

 

Kyungsoo blinked and slowly stuffed more kimbap into his mouth, slowly turning awkwardly away. Baekhyun looked back disturbed and confused with the idea his cousin having his own underwear.

 

“Why does she even have your underwear?” Baekhyun sounded more disgusted.

 

Jongin shrugged. “Well, it’s called sleeping and stuff.”

 

Kyungsoo received a horrible image in his head causing him to gak on his food that was caught in his throat. Baekhyun rushed to his side to help him.

 

“What the hell. Jongin!” Kyungsoo managed to choke out the words along with some rice that splattered to Baekhyun’s face. Baekhyun flinched and flicked the rice that stuck between his lashes off.

 

“Disgusting.” Baekhyun shuddered and moved away from the couple who started to bicker and stare at each other in horror.

 

Suddenly the door opened with the rest of the boys coming in. Their class happened to be dismissed much later than they expected. Waiting for over 20 minutes before starting the meeting. Kyungsoo scrambled to his feet and tucked his lunch away. Slapping a few hands away from his box. He gave a stern grumble and shot daggers through his large eyes. Minseok backed away.

 

“Damn, sheesh. I won’t eat your food. But give it to me when you don’t want it anymore.” Minseok smiled and sat on his assigned seat. Beside him sat Luhan and then Sehun, following after Baekhyun, Jongin, Kyungsoo. At the end was Suho and across from him was Kris. Beside Kris was Lay then Tao, ending with Chen who was in his own world listening to his music.

 

“Okay guys, the next group we’re against is…” Kris narrowed his eyes and had trouble reading the messy handwriting that was written carelessly by Chen.

 

Chen glared back at Kris, “Wildcats.”

 

“Wildcats!” Kris repeated.

 

“What kind of team name is that?” Baekhyun retorted and leaned on his chair. Flipping the pencil around his slender fingers he sees the members shrug and return their attention to Kris who began reading their plans for the next competition. It was the only way for the others to gain scholarships for college. Especially Kris. He needed it.

 

“It’s a team full of girls.” Jongin clarified and stared at the window. He noticed Chanyeol walking to the bench with a bunch of books tucked under his arms and a couple books on one hand with fresh and warm coffee held on his left hand.

 

Baekhyun scrunched his face. “Girls?” he said again.

 

“I bet they’re going to do some cheerleading tricks.” Tao muttered and slung his school coat on his shoulder.

 

“Don’t underestimate them. They can just whoop our asses any time during the game.” Suho suddenly spoke with this serious face.

 

Kris nodded and agreed. “Right, now anyone has a plan?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and raised his hand. “How about I sit out for the rest of the game.”

 

“Might as well not attend.” Tao groaned and massaged his temple. The heat was irritating him.

 

“What! It will benefit us all if I sit out.” Kyungsoo shrugged.

 

Jongin looked back at the members and back at Chanyeol who suddenly disappeared from his sight causing him to be baffled from his disappearance.

 

“If you’re gonna sit out who’s going to replace you?” Suho questioned and began writing a few things down as a reminder.

 

“Why don’t we ask Chanyeol to join us?” Jongin asked with his eyes glued to the window searching for an answer to this weird disappearance. The walk was way too far for Chanyeol to just disappear like that.

 

Baekhyun shot his eyes at Jongin with terror. “Are you out of your mind?”

 

“Maybe.”

 

“No! Not at all!” Baekhyun made a point, nothing can get through to him even after days of persuasion.

 

“Why do you want him to join anyway?” Minseok jumped off his seat and began stretching his legs.

 

Jongin grinned. When he smiles, there was a whole ton of words that are gonna waterfall down his mouth. “I was watching Chanyeol an-”

 

“You were watching Chanyeol?” Chen interrupted Jongin’s explanation and removed the earbuds from his ear looking more fascinated than he was minutes ago.  

 

Jongin nodded with a grimace. “So anyway.” he continued. “When I was watching him he was holding a ton of books. a couple between his arms and like three on his right with hot coffee on his left hand. He didn’t look like he was having a hard time at all. So I watched him study for a while. But, then you suddenly distracted me and I looked away from the window. When I looked back, he was gone along with his stuff. It’s like he knew I was watching him.”

 

Baekhyun didn’t look amused at all. “And what does that have to do with this discussion?”

 

Jongin placed his hands on his head. “What I’m trying to say is, with Chanyeol we can dominate anyone. He’s tall, with those long legs he can run farther distances without getting tired so quickly. He’s fast. I don’t know anyone who can just disappear that fast. Strong? Maybe because he carries those books all the time he can carry weights. He’s smart. He can make plans for us! Alert as well.  Plus he’s quiet...unlike someone.” Jongin trailed his eyes at Baekhyun who puffed his cheeks.

 

Tao gaped at the amount of data Jongin has collected. “So are you implying that me and Kris aren’t good enough? You and Sehun are tall! Plus we have Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Suho hyung to make plans for us. And the rest of us can be just as alert as he is. Please excuse my Korean.”


The team nodded in agreement. Jongin on the other hand didn’t agree. “No you don’t understand! Team M has six members and we only have five! That’s unfair. Plus we have a bunch of softies in the group.”

 

Baekhyun gasped at Jongin’s remark. “Excuse me! Softie? I am not a sof- Ow. OW!”

 

“Shut up.” Kyungsoo pinched his cheeks and slapped it a couple times more, leaving a large mark on his pale cheek. A verge of tears were forming on Baekhyun’s eyes.

 

“See that’s a softie right there.” Jongin muttered causing Chen to burst into laughter. Finally returning to his happy self. Baekhyun pouted. He wasn’t really that annoying at times, but today his buttons were really pushed and everytime he hears the name Chanyeol, he feels like throwing a chair out the window.

 

Kris crossed his arms and Suho nodded. “I guess we agree with you…maybe not Baekhyun. Two teams need to be equal and OT12 sounds much better than OT11. Okay team dismiss.” They both said in a union, like some scary ritual that scare the members out of their witts. Jongin hummed in satisfaction.

 

“Let’s go ask Chanyeol at class.”





 

oooo


 

Baekhyun sits behind Chanyeol and it gets him annoyed when all he sees is the ugly perm blocking the front of the class, especially when the teacher writes on the left side of the board. With the guts to tap the giant’s back with a pencil, he tried his best to give a nice and polite smile to the boy.

 

“Excuse me.” he called out to him in a whisper. Chanyeol looked back. “Can you move your head? I can’t see the notes.”

 

Chanyeol stared blankly at Baekhyun before bending down, burying his head in his arms. Sleeping in class. Baekhyun shrugs and continues to listen to the teacher but, gets distracted from the giants snores. He still can’t understand how he gets perfect scores when he doesn’t pay attention to a single word at all and sleeps through class most of the time. It’s like he doesn’t sleep at home, especially with those eye bags at the bottom of his eyes. The teachers don’t even care if he’s sleeping because they call him “The Prophecy of a better Society.”


"Better society my ." Baekhyun muttered and began to scribble Chanyeol’s name on his paper later crossing it out, with an arrow pointing from his name to this little note that was written at the bottom of the page Must kill after I graduate. Nothing much can be said of their relationship. They’re classmates, but most of the time it feels like Chanyeol isn’t even a part of the class. No one really hears him talk. Some say he has this embarrassing high pitched voice that doesn’t match his pretty face at all...and therefore doesn’t wish to speak, but it was proven to them that wasn't the case. Others say he’s a son of a criminal who killed more than 10 men and kidnapped many children. Sure, he thought and began drifting his thoughts into another world.

 

They aren’t friends.Definitely not. They've never talked. The only thing he can associate himself with him are ‘enemies’. That made more sense since Baekhyun despised him more than anything--he was first on the list. Second would be cucumbers. Sometimes he get’s over curious and starts questioning himself. Who is Chanyeol? What’s wrong with him and what’s the reason he’s blocked everyone out of his life. It’s like none of the people exist.

 

Baekhyun begins to tap his pencil impatiently as he watches the time slowly strike 2:30. Meaning class was over and he can ask Chanyeol to join their sports team. Five minutes, he muttered and when it finally struck 2:30 and the teacher walks out, Baekhyun reaches over and pokes the back of Chanyeol’s head with a sharp and fresh sharpened pencil he’s been saving to use for this day. This time he made sure Chanyeol felt it.

 

Chanyeol jerked up and whipped his head towards Baekhyun who looked at him with his eyes narrowed in a suspicious manner. Chanyeol didn’t express any sign of emotion.

 

“I have a question.” Baekhyun started and folded his hands. Chanyeol didn’t turn away and looked at Baekhyun. “What do you do after school?”

 

“None of your business.” Chanyeol bluntly said and turned away. Baekhyun reached over and poked him again.

 

“I’m not done yet.” he said with a hiss. “I have this stupid friend and he wants to know if you want to join the School Sports Team.”

 

Chanyeol shrugged his hand off of his shoulder and turned. “I’m not interested.”

 

Baekhyun fist pumped the air in silence and cleared his throat reuniting his on the seat. "Oh okay. That's good."

 

 

Nothing can make the day any better than the events of today, Baekhyun thought and smiled like the world depended on it. That means no Chanyeol in sports. Sweet old OT11 forever. However he was proved wrong by Jongin's sudden arrival with a couple of friends trailing behind him. Actually not just a couple all friends. Meaning the whole group. Chanyeol follows his eyes at Jongin who jumped in front of him, invading personal space. Baekhyun slaps his forehead.

 

 

"So Chanyeol." Jongin grinned. "Want to join?"

 

 

Chanyeol looks up his eyes blank. "No."

 

 

Chen pushed Jongin aside. "Come on man! It's gonna be fun!"

 

 

"No." he said again in the same tone.

 

 

Baekhyun grinned to himself before tucking his books into his bag. Suho moved up front tossing his credit card on the table. To Baekhyun's realization, they needed Chanyeol more than ever. Chanyeol didn't budge and kept his eyes on his book. "I'll buy you anything if you join."

 

 

The members gasped. It was the first time Suho presented his credit card as a bargain or a trade. Chanyeol doesn't seem so amused by the stupid bargain and slid the card back to Suho. Chanyeol took a deep breath. "I don't do money. Now leave me alone."

 

 

"We can give you a scholarship!" Baekhyun suddenly bursted and covered his mouth in embarrassment.

 

 

Chanyeol stiffened and turned back at Baekhyun with surprise. "Really?"

 

 

Baekhyun blinked and nodded, this was actually the first time Chanyeol has expressed any genuine emotion. The way his eyes flicker with hope and his tone of voice becoming natural. It was amazing he thought. Despite his hate towards the younger student, he liked it when he had something to express about. Jongin nodded and repeated the word "scholarship" over and over again. Chanyeol tapped on his chin and slowly nodded his head in agreement.

 

 

"Take it or leave it Mr. Park Chanyeol. Join the group for a scholarship or you work your off for the rest of your life in college."

 

 

"I'll take the scholarship."

 

 

"Great!" Jongin jumped and patted Chanyeol on the back. He ran over to Baekhyun and gave him a tight hug as a gratitude. "We needed you in the group anyway."

 

 

Chanyeol returned to his cold self and looked back into his book, reading as if the boys weren't even talking to him. "I seen you outside. How did you move that fast. And how did you know I was watching you out the window?"

 

 

Chanyeol stiffened. "It was pretty obvious you were watching me. You're the only one looking at me and the window wasn't that high up from me."

 

 

Jongin nodded. "How did you move so fast?"

 

 

Baekhyun listened carefully to their little conversation as he pretended to be preoccupied with his studying.

 

 

"I didn't really." Chanyeol nonchalantly brushed the question off and closed his book. Shoving it neatly in his book bag.

 

 

"You're fast."

 

 

Chanyeol doesn't answer and just moves away from Jongin. Leaving the students baffled by his sudden leave on the classroom. Baekhyun notices something shiny he left behind and reached over to his desk before Jongin mistaken it as his and taking it with him.

 

 

"Well it looks like I creeped him out. I'll go check on the others! Bye Baek."

 

 

Baekhyun frowns at the old ring he fiddles around with his fingers. "It looks like I got something to use against him.