Introduction.

A Sky Full of Stars

Intro. Jump off a Cliff

 

 

 

If there’s one thing Baekhyun hates the most It would be losing to a cold bastard who took first place on the schools exams.

 

Great, he thought, just great. He’d always been first place then Suho and Kyungsoo. It’s insane to be fighting against him when all the exams he’d taken had perfect scores. Compared to Chanyeol, he would always get one or two wrong on the English part of the exam. No matter how hard he’d studied for that place, it never occurred, at least not with him around. It’s like they weren't meant to be. Baekhyun frowns and boils inside as he reads his name written neatly next to that ugly number 2.

 

He hates that name. Park Chanyeol. That cold bastard. That jerk who sits at the back and never pays attention. The guy who doesn’t talk and has this absolutely ridiculous hair style. It irks him that he doesn’t see the test as challenging. It’s coming to him that he’s becoming the perfect typical anime guy who’s all cold and strong. Yeah, he reads manga. Baekhyun has that with comics. No he doesn’t want to call them comics, he calls them manga. He and Jongin would argue for long minutes that they're two totally different categories.  Hours to be exact. Don’t get me wrong, Baekhyun takes these things seriously. Very seriously.

 

“Baekhyun they’re the same thing.” Jongin sighed deeply and massaged the sides of his temples.

 

Baekhyun shakes his head and pounds on the table. “No they aren’t. Comics have no specific story line! It’s just cheap drawings and random scenarios. Manga is anime, well drawn and of course has a storyline.”

 

The younger would shake his head. “Then what do you call those Marvel Super Hero comics.”

 

“They are mangas and comics, but it’s pointless. They are well drawn, but the storyline”, Baekhyun shuddered at the thought, “they . It just consists of saving the world and someone dying and all that foolishness.”

 

“As if you know, they’re the same . Manga is Asian Comics in general and Comics is American Comics. Western. Manga equals Comics in English, God Baek this is why you always get an English word wrong.”

 

That flashback bothers him till this day. With the crowd whispering gibberish about the names on the board, he senses an unwanted aura behind him. Of course it was him, Chanyeol, who stares blankly at the board and leaves in a flash. No sign of interest. Baekhyun would sometimes gape at Chanyeol’s expressionless face. How can he just leave like that? Shouldn’t he feel proud that he’s first place? It’s like he doesn’t even care.

 

Jongin squeezes through the crowd and smiles at the results. It wasn’t bad, he thought seeing his name all the way at the number 20. He got all correct on the English but, about half wrong at the mathematics. Kyungsoo nods in content too seeing his name on the fourth. Suho smiles.

 

“Wow Baek, I’m proud of you.” Suho muttered.

 

Baekhyun whipped his head at the other boy’s direction. “Proud? I didn’t beat that good for nothing Park Chanyeol! Say that when I beat him.”

 

Jongin scoffed and kicked the dust on the ground. “Why are you so insistant on winning over Chanyeol?”

 


“I have to! He makes me feel dumb--No he makes all of us look dumb. I can’t just let this pass. Can you believe he doesn’t even study!” Baekhyun struggled to breathe.

 

“Calm down, surely that’s not true. Not unless you stalk him.” Kyungsoo interrupted Baekhyun’s rant and pulled him out of the crowds. Baekhyun pouted and groaned weakly. The others followed after, trotting like ducklings following Mama Kyungsoo. As they walked out of the way they notice Sehun emerging from the crowds holding hands with Luhan, a fourth year student who stayed back a year because he failed Korean language. He wanted to stay anyway, to wait for the others.

 

“Sehun.” Jongin waved and slung a shoulder on the maknae.

 

He grinned meekly,“Sorry, I was just seeing if my name was on the list. Somehow I managed to get up to 35.”

 

Kyungsoo’s lips turned into an ‘o’,“So what about you Luhan? How’d you do?”

 

Luhan light up and let go of Sehun’s hold who jerked and reached for his again. “Oh I made it too. At least 34.”

“Yeah, we’ll always be right next to each other.” Sehun remarked and pecked the boy on the cheek. Baekhyun grimaced and pulled away from Kyungsoo’s hold, leaving space for the two lover birds.

 

“Here we go again.” Suho rubbed his face and shuffled back to his class realizing their break time was almost over.

 

Before parting ways they were stopped by a sudden voice that was quite foreign to their ears. “You guys did great on the test.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and Jongin grinned at Chanyeol who didn’t smile or looked back at them with a welcoming smile. “Thanks. You too, as expected Chanyeol.”

 

The tall boy managed to give a quick smile before turning his heels and walking away smoothly from the boys who looked strangely back at Chanyeol who disappeared and blended with the crowd.

 

“Did you hear that?” Luhan patted Sehun’s chest. “He has a really deep voice.”

 

Baekhyun sighed. “So what? From all the breath he hasn’t wasted, it all piled up and turned it deep.”

 

Jongin glared at Baekhyun before proceeding to whatever he was going to say. “We should add him to our group.”

 

“We should. We need more people either way.” Suho agreed.

 

Baekhyun snapped. “What? You’re gonna let that jerk come and join us?”

 

“Yeah sure, why not? It’s not like it’ll hurt us.” Kyungsoo simply added and walked away from the confused and baffled Baekhyun who was soon left alone at the middle of the empty hallway. From all the troubles and hard work he’s been doing for all the years he has been working his off, this is what he gets? Letting that Park Chanyeol become a part of their little group. It ain’t gonna happen, he thought, not until he jumps off a cliff. Wait before he even jumps off the cliff, let him strangle Chanyeol and maybe push him off the cliff instead.

 

 

Before he was even able to blink those thoughts away in his head, the principle startles him.

 

“Byun Baekhyun! Get to class!” He said in an awfully stern voice that causes the poor boy to jump frantically to his senses and speed walks away stiffly.

 

“I am so gonna jump off a cliff.”