Storm

Untitled

Sneaking alone, Ji Sub reached the seventh floor, a quite big store room was ahead. There was a tiny sound, but he heard it. 

“Eagle on seventh. Eighth?” he asked through the communicator.

“Two are found. Hyukjae was shot on arm. We’re evacuating. Final stage.” The voice reported.

“Okay. End.” Ji Sub sighed and got his focus again. He shot the key lock from a door and kicked it. The room was empty. He then opened the second room...another storage.

“Hyorin...?” Ji Sub got stunned looking at a woman with her hands and legs tied tightly lying on the floor.  She was pale and looked frightened looking at him.

“J...Ji Sub?” she called him with her tiny voice.

Ji Sub run to her and kneeled down untying the rope with a knife. “Save me...” she whispered and looking at him before her she lost her consciousness.

“Hyorin?!” He shook her body and called her again, but she was out.

“Eagle’s here reporting  a hostage on the seventh floor, store room number 2. Blackout...I need more people.”Ji Sub reported.

“Can you identify?” Seung  Won asked.

 Ji Sub sighed “Kang Hyerin...”

Seung Won got stunned. Sora’s mother... “Araso.. 94 will catch up. End.” Seung Won turned “94 in..except Sora..”

“What?” Sora got surprised.

“Help cleaning the area with 39 team . Leeteuk lead 94 in.” He commanded.

Sora nodded and follow the command. She stand by with her gun and went out with the rest of 39 team. She didn’t  care much, she kept using her left hand to shoot the target if no one see.  It’s the thing she should hide for the time being.

 Legs and arms. That’s the main point to defeat, but not to kill. The battle happened in the sixth and seven floor. As the ‘cleaner part team Sora also participated in making sure that that area was clean and all.

There was a sudden loud explossion from the seventh floor. Everyone was alert. Sora was stunned. “Capt, app...Ji Sub Chief is still on the seventh?” she asked tremblingly.

“I don’t think so...” I replied. “Sora you go left with Hae Jin..I will go left with the rest. clean the area..take care.

You wouldn’t imagine how messy was the broadcast building at that time.  Having huge government conspiracy, seeking for financial support. There was a traitor tried to attack the recent government. But seemed that they failed. They kidnapped and planned to kill all of the hostages, the ones who refused giving financial support. The terrorist had exploded some rooms, where some hostages locked. We fought against them hundreds or more. That’s one of our job, protecting the country.

“Hyung nim...Sora stopped from running... I want to help chief ji Sub... he’s alone. I think this floor bellow have been safe...” Sora requested to Hae Jin.

“You don’t have to... Just stay here...”

“No, hyung. I’ll be fine..” she then run towards the emergency stairs, climbing to the second floor. She was herself. There were some enemies still she need to handle and she did pretty well. But she just want to find her dad. For he was alone with one of the hostage. She hid quickly as she reached the fourth floor. Someone’s hiding behind the broken toilet. Her gun was ready.

She was about to shoot, when she realized it was her appa.

“Chief...” she called with her tiny voice..almost whispered. She run to the the direction.

“Gwencahana...yo?” she was stunned as she asked.

Ji Sub smiled at her meaningfully. “She was exhausted. Her leg was shot... You..help me with her...can you?”

Sora nodded. “I never thought, family reunion will be like this...” she smiled. She then helped him supporting her leaning on. “ I will protect you...two of you he said..” Sora felt her heart melted listening to her appa’s word.

“Come on, chief... Let’s save this lady...” she smiled. They went together out of the floors.  They hid and found the way out.

It was on the basement building when finally they saw their team waiting for them and the rest of the team. Some were running trying to help them. Hae Jin and I helped Sora carrying the lady.

We thought it was over...but it’s not. We could hear some riffle shots. And It was my second time seeing hyung and Sora with their left handed shoot ability. Some were stunned before they helped.

A shoot  or two and both Sora and hyung fell down. It was a total scary. But we smiled as we saw them stood up slowly. 

We clapped our hands as we won the battle. We saw them walked together in victory. But soon he fell down as we heard a car wheels screeched and left the parking lot. He was shot from his back. “Andwaeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!” Sora screamed out of her lungs.

Most of us run to protect them. And some tried to catch the enemy in car who just escaped.

I could see Sora’s eyes were in horror. Ji Sub hyung tried hard to open his eyes. He held Sora’s hand and looked at her. Trying his best to smile, so she won’t cry. 

“You’re...the best..” he whispered with his tiny voice before he closed his eyes, at the same time when the medical team came rushed in.

“Move away Sora!”Hyo Jin Shouted. Sora obeyed. I held her in my embrace as she started crying and her body was shaking hard...trembling.

“We don’t have time...Let’s just do it here!” Jong Suk said.

Hyo Jin tried her best to calmed down. “Clean this area. We will do emergency surgery here!”  she shouted.

***

I looked at her who sat on the floor waiting for the surgery as it was just stated couple of minutes ago.

She was pale. She didn’t let anyone touched her, not even cleaned her wound. I felt my heart was broken into pieces. I walked closer to her. Brought her a cup of americano. Just put it next to her feet and sat a meter away next to her. 

She just looked at what I brought and smiled at me...she smiled with her teardrop on her cheeks, how I wish I could embraced her.

“May I sit?” Bora asked. Sora looked up and shook her head.

“Wae? Aren’t I your friend?” she asked again.

Sora reached Bora’s hand. “If you sit here..I will cry harder...” her tears rolled down. Bora was frozen, she couldn’t blocked her tears too.

 “CPR!!!!” We could hear Hyo Jin said that loudly and we could sense her trembling voice. “Jong Suk move!” she shouted again.

Sora stood up. She looked scared. And So I couldn’t stand anymore and reached her.

“Oppa...” she said with her husky face and she cried in pain.

Everyone was patrified in gloomy situation.

“200 joule!” another voice of Hyo Jin.

“Raise it!! Try once more!!”  Jong Suk gave command.

“You should live, damnit!!! “ Hyo Jin shouted in pain.

“SO JI SUUUUUUUUBBBB!!!!”  Hyo Jin screamed once again.

Sora pushed me and rushed inside. 

It was a straight line on the monitor...

Jong Suk kneeled down, bowing on the floor crying and Hyo Jin looked at Ji Sub in front of her with her bursting tears.

“Unnie...?” Sora called.

“I’m sorry...” she apologized . “I am sorry...” she cried.

“Can’t you do something else, auntie?” she asked.

Hyo Jin noona shook her head and covered looking at her painfully.

“Sukkie!!! Can’t you do something? Can’t you?” Sora asked again. He just bowed deeply and tears rolled down from his face.

And the next scene I saw was a heart breaking  scene of two women hugging each other in tears...for losing a great man in their life...

Sora lost her dad...

And Hyo Jin noona lost her fiance...

***