Unusual

Untitled

My name is Park Jung Soo...but people usually call me Leeteuk... and this is how our story goes...not ours, but merely her story. And I’m glad that I am the part of it...

The very first time I saw Kang Sora was the first day I officially see her . I am one of her sunbae who helped training newbie like her. I just known that I have a new student who was very special. The youngest and she had received training personally by my chief, Ji Sub. And So far, I just emailed her for any theory she had to learn. Well, I guess, she would be a good snipper and shooter.  That’s the rumour I heard. Only a few students received private training as they’re really genius in their own ways, like a boy named Kyuhyun who trained specially to be a code reader and hacker, Jong Suk who was trained to be one of doctor team as he’s  got great intuition in surgery, and a girl named Bora who was very good in martial art and imitating any sound.

Their special training were considered as secret. In front of their friends, they’re just considered as ‘late comers’ or students who were passed the test or accepted at the last period of enrolement, a type of not brilliant student. But when they grew together later, it usually was proven wrong.

Hae Jin, one of my closest friends told me, I blushed when the first time I saw Sora... I didn’t realize it. Well...I don’t normally blushed. But Kang Sora was a different one...

She’s a good observer, and she also gave attention well. Put aside her beauty, but I really find she’s sweet and cute. More than anything, I feel she’s alive and happy in this team. She really doesn’t mind joining any training, in the difficult area till the dirtiest mud and things.

One night, she sneaked to my dorm and knocked at my door with her training suit and her hair in bun. I almost jumped in shocked. When she grinned and bowed “Annyonghaseyo, Sunbaenim...I...” she looked around as if she felt scared she might be found. “I need to asked you about this MIT procedure things...I don’t really get it...” 

It’s really unusual for me...but strangely, I let her in. She opened her laptop and started to ask some procedural thing in an early operation.

“So...you’re the one who will be in charge and will take the responsibility?” she asked.

“Me...If I made a mistake...I’ll get the punishment, just up to this level, and you will handle all responsibilities without me???”

Leeteuk nodded.

“Hy..err...Sunbaenim...don’t.. take me with you to clear my mistake if I do in the future...”

I got stunned by her words... and smiled. “Hyung is fine...” I looked at her “I will think about it...” I said.

Her words kept spinning on my head, till the next day when I accidentally heard Senior Ji Sub and Chief Seung Won had private conversation. “Hyung...take me with you to clear my mistake if I do in the future...” Ji Sub said.

“Haven’t I?” Seung Won said and they both laughed.

I clearly remembered her.

And so...she always come to me everytime she got difficulties. We talked a lot and I got surprised as I looked at her family background and her record. A daughter of Kang family, well known and rich one. Great in ballet as well as in archery. Kind of person like me should be the one who protect or help citizen like her. But strangely...she’s here to be a part like one of us.

***

“KANG SORA RELOADDDD!!!!” Ji Sub hyung shouted at her harshly.

She was a little trembling but reloaded her  gun fast.

“I told you focuss!!!!” Ji Sub shouted again.

It has been a month those newbie were trained hard for shooting the target. I have to admit, my Sora was... wait....

Did I just say my Sora? Hihihihihi... whatever...

Okay... I have to admitt, that among those newbie, Sora was the third best student in shooting after Yunho and Yoo. But...as she’s late comer, the one whos considerate as ‘hidden brilliant student’, I have to say that she’s not that good...as good as I thought. She should be in at least Yunho level. But she’s one level bellow him.

It’s a little strange to see her looked so uncomfortable in putting the gun on her hands. Just strange.

“Second round. Moving fake object...Shoot the target, our enemy, not your friends...araso??” Chief Seung Won instructed.

The task was quite challenging for the newbie. I guess, this was their favourite part, including Sora. Jong Suk kept following her. Well...he’s jerk in shooting. But off course it can be understood, he’s the star in surgery department, not in this battle field.

“Their head, Sukkieeeeee!!!!” Sora shouted at him.

“I knoooowwwwwwwwwwww....” he rolled his eyes. Got annoyed with his own shooting ability.

At the evaluation time, I thought Sora had improved well...but...

“I still don’t get why can’t you shoot properly...” JI Sub said.

Sora was unable to say a word. I know she’s a little tearing.

“I...I will do my best, Chief!” she said.

“I take your words....” Ji Sub hyung said coldly and dismissed the class.

“Train her well...” Ji Sub hyung told me as we walked together.

“Sure...I will train my girl well...” I said smiling. But my usual playful word making Ji Sub hyung stopped.

“YOUR WHAT???” he seemed angry.

“Ohhhh...nothing, hyung....just joking...”

He turned his back and walked away. I felt my heart raced... He’s so scary. 

***

Hyo Jin sat next to Sora and gave her a bowl of potato creme soup. Sora smell and eat it happily.

“As usual...it’s so delicious....” she praised.

Hyo Jin smiled...

Sora put down the bowl. “Auntie...It’s a fortunate...nobody know that I am So Ji Sub’s daughter...” Sora said.

“Why said so?” Hyo Jin got puzzled.

“I’m...not that good in shooting... Appa seemed angry to me today...”

“Aishhhhh!!! That jerk! Why so cruel!” Hyo Jin cursed.

“Hehehe...It’s fine, auntie... I just feel sad...but feel grateful at the same time... If they knew that I were his daughter...that would be a shame...” she looked sad though she’s smiling.

Hyo Jin caressed her hair. “I will talk to him...”

“No no no...no need auntie... Being here, close to him is more than enough for me... “ she smiled. “Can I always talk to you like this?”

“Sureeeeeeeeeeeee....” Hyo Jin hugged her. They both smiled.

“ I approve you to be my future mother hihihihihi....” Sora giggled.

“You whattttttttt???”

“Eyyyyyyy...look at his auntie...she blushed.....”

“Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....”

Their warm time was suddenly stopped by a man’s glance. Both Sora and Hyo Jin got shocked.

“Yaaaa!!! Why are you standing there like a ghost?!!!!” Hyo Jin cursed.

“Can’t I?” JI Sub asked and smiled.  He walked closer.

“I will leave both of you alone then..” Hyo Jin smiled and walked away.

“Wait!” Sora stopped her. Hyo Jin turned. “Mwo??” she asked.

“No kiss goodnite?” Sora smiled. Hyo Jin then smiled widely and walked towards her and hissed her forehead.

“Eeeeyyyyyyyy...auntie....not meeeeeee..... but this maaaannnnn....” Sora pointed at her dad.

“MWOOOOOOOOOOO?????” both got surprised and blushed

Ji Sub cleared his throat “It’s not something you definetely can see...” he winked to his daughter.

“Aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww.....”Sora covered her face and Hyo Jin pat Ji Sub’s head before she left to hide her super blushing face.

It’s just finally two of them...

Ji Sub hugged his daughter warmly. “ I’m sorry for today....I just want you to perform your best...you haven’t tried your best....”

“I know....It’s okay, appa....” she smiled in his embrace. “And it’s nice to call you appa again....”

***

 “I think they have an affair, oppa...”  Jiyeon said.

“Hyung...” I said.

“A...wae??? Wae can’t call oppa....” she protested.

“What do you mean affair? Ji Sub chief is clearly in a relationship with Hyo Jin chief...”

“We saw it...” Taeyeon said.

“What did you see...?”

“Kang Sora and Ji Sub chief were hugging tightly in clinic...” Taeyeon smiled meaningfully.

I was stunned and got so shocked. “You...you what...?”

“Sometimes...they whispered each other in our training breaktime... so suspicious...” Jiyeon added.

“He’s so harsh and tough at her in front of us...but behind us... they’re lovers... can’t you imagine that??” Taeyeon asked.

“She’s a backstabber too...to Ms. Hyo Jin...” Jiyeon added.

I feel my world’s spinning... my heart raced and anger raised in a sudden...

***