I won't let go.

Sweetheart, It's Our Secret!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     All Kim Jongin wants to do now is to end all the pain and suffering his loveable Do Kyungsoo is currently feeling and harboring in his poor heart. What did his Kyungsoo, his loveable and sweet Kyungsoo, do to deserve all of this? It wasn’t fair. Kyungsoo was a victim of manipulative affairs, yet he continues to blame himself for all that has happened. If Jongin could, he would do anything to wipe away the man’s overflowing tears and exchange his happiness for Kyungsoo’s suffering.

Do Kyungsoo may not realize this, but he is Kim Jongin’s burning sun.

Whenever Jongin is tired and fed up with his idol status, he remembers that Kyungsoo will always be there to welcome him back at home. Kyungsoo, although he doesn’t show it, is a warm and caring person. Underneath all of the coldness and nonchalant attitude is a person full of passion and emotions. His sweet Do Kyungsoo, his loveable Do Kyungsoo, his Do Kyungsoo...even if he just smiles at him, Jongin will feel energized once again. The way his plump lips curve upward and become heart-shaped whenever he smiles, Jongin wishes to cherish it forever.

“I will continue to love you the same no matter what happens,” Jongin whispers as he brings the CEO’s hands up to his quivering lips. He then places a gentle kiss on Kyungsoo’s fingers and does his best to smile. “Please, let me in once more.”

Kyungsoo stares at him, eyes showcasing hesitation. “Jongin…”

“Cast away your doubts, because this love will continue on.”

“Jongin, I - I’m so sorry.” The CEO bursts out in tears again. He removes his hands from the idol’s grasp and wraps his arms around Jongin’s neck, pulling him into a desperate embrace. “I don’t want to hurt you! I don’t…” He shakes his head several times in the crook of his lover’s neck.

The idol feels a surge of relief crashing through his body.

Kyungsoo hugged him.

Kyungsoo made the first move.

Do Kyungsoo accepted Kim Jongin into his heart again.

Immediately, he wraps his arms around the CEO’s waist and brings the man closer to his chest. “You’re not going to hurt me. I won’t let you, okay?” Holding back his tears, Jongin sniffles and cradles Kyungsoo’s head in his hand. “I love you. I love you so much.” His voice is barely above a whisper, but it is enough for Kyungsoo to hear and be reminded that Jongin will always be by his side.

Hearing these words from Jongin only prompts Kyungsoo to cry even harder. He clutches onto the material of his boyfriend’s black vest and buries his face even further into the space between Jongin’s neck and shoulder to muffle his vulnerable cries. Jongin will love him through thick and thin. He doesn’t care about Kyungsoo’s horrible past, doesn’t care if the man in his arms is all sorts of ed up. Jongin is too good for someone like Kyungsoo…

But now, because Jongin is holding onto him and is not willing to let go, Kyungsoo will do the same.

Do Kyungsoo won’t let go of Kim Jongin.

He now realizes that if he lets go, Jongin will be hurt.

His heart will ache in immense pain.

And so will Kyungsoo’s.

Jongin inhales the comforting and familiar scent of his lover’s and pats his back in a loving manner. “Let’s go home, okay? Let’s go home and lay in bed, just the two of us.” He pulls back, a reassuring smile on his face and eyes full of warmth and love.

“You’re not supposed to cry.” Kyungsoo brings a hand up to brush away a tear drop resting at the corner of the idol’s eye. “You’re not even supposed to be here…” He sniffles as he rests his hand against the side of his lover’s face. The CEO then inhales a deep breath of air and smiles, although his smile doesn’t quite reach his eyes. “But yes, let’s go home Jongin.”

Nodding his head, Jongin stands up first before holding out a hand for his lover. “Let’s go.”

Kyungsoo stares at the outstretched hand for a few seconds, and for a moment, all his doubts come flooding back. He doesn’t deserve someone as kind and caring as Kim Jongin. He doesn’t deserve this man’s love. He doesn’t-

No.

Stop wavering, Do Kyungsoo.

Stop it.

Jongin is here to stay and that’s final.

Shaking away his doubts, the CEO grabs onto Jongin’s outstretched hand and pulls himself up.

“Let’s go,” he confirms their agreement, his hand squeezing Jongin’s tightly, afraid that if he were to let go, all his doubts would come back. Kyungsoo inhales a deep breath of air and gathers the courage to stare into Jongin’s brown orbs. “Let’s go.”

Just as they are about to leave the garden, a man dressed in an expensive black suit comes into view.

Jongin’s steps come to a halt, and the strong urge to protect his lover rises again as he instinctively pulls Kyungsoo behind him.

The man suddenly bows. “Young Master and Mr. Kim Jongin, Chairman Do has requested me to bring you two back to the mansion.”

Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows in confusion, “Grandfather?”

 

 

 

Junmyeon didn’t know what came over him, but whatever it was, it prompted him to kiss Zhang Yixing. Immediately, the author pulls back and yanks his hand out of his assistant's grasp, eyes frantically moving back and forth but never once stopping to stare at Yixing’s reaction. If he had, he would have seen the flash of hurt and confusion in the man’s eyes. He would have seen how the corner of Yixing’s lips stopped curving upwards. He would have seen how the assistant’s eyes began to water in disappointment. But he didn’t.

“I-I’m sorry,” the author stammers out of guilt. “I didn’t-”

“Stop,” Yixing whispers. “Please.”

The author hears how broken his assistant sounded, and at once, shifts his gaze back to the man in front of him. He can’t see his expression clearly, for Yixing has lowered his head, but he does notice the slightest shaking of his shoulders. “Yixing…” he calls out, feeling his own heart shattering at the sight.

Yixing shakes his head and struggles to stand up. “I’m okay,” he reassures the man.

“You’re not, Yixing.” Junmyeon stands his ground. “And I’m the reason.”

“I - I will go check up on Madam.” Not wanting to stay here any longer, the assistant hurriedly makes up a reasonable excuse to leave. “Call me if you need me.” Giving the author a quick nod, Yixing strides out of the library and shuts the door behind him. Once he’s outside, he releases a breath of air and closes his eyes in sadness. Yixing leans against the door, the urge to cry nearly consuming his broken heart. However, the man forces down any sob that’s threatening to make a sound and leaves the area.

Only, he doesn’t get to turn the corner when his phone begins to vibrate.

Composing himself first, he then pulls out his phone from his pocket and freezes at the sight of the caller ID. Breath seemingly caught in his throat, the assistant slowly turns around and stares at the closed library doors. His gaze then falls back on the screen of his vibrating phone and with much hesitation, Yixing finally answers.

“Is - is there anything that you―”

“Don’t leave.” Junmyeon’s voice is stern on the other side of the line.

“Jun―”

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that.”

Yixing chooses not to reply because if he does, he’s not sure if he can prevent himse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter