Present Day

'CAUSE I'M ONLY A HUMAN

a/n: I decided to make it twoshot and here is the first shot. Its more to Kris' present life so yeah. I hope you'll enjoy reading this. The second shot will be up tomorrow night! :D 


 

It was the rainy day when his eyes were locked on the ground, watching every drop of the rain hitting the ground harshly. It was the heavy downpour after all. Exhaling a heavy breath that he didn’t even know for how long he was holding—he blinked his eyes to cease the tears from forming in his eyes. The cloudy days reminded him to his past, the painful past that then remained as a black memory in his mind.

 

Years had passed yet the bittersweet memories couldn’t stop haunting his life. It was a nightmare, a beautiful nightmare that he ever had in his life. Hard to erase yet he wanted to forget it—to stop the pain that kept on stabbing his heart. His chest tightened every time the image of his friends flashed behind his eyes.

 

He missed them, he missed their hugs, he missed to see them smiling before him, he missed to hear to the melodious laughter, he was yearning to see them right next to him but everything was just a dream, a dream that would never be realized. He didn’t cry because he was strong and he wanted to be strong but his heart—it was crying and screaming inside like a prisoner who begged to go out from the prison of hell. It pained him, pained him so much that made him hard to breathe. Something was missing inside him, he could feel it and it wasn’t a breath taking thing but woeful. A woeful thing that he couldn’t even deny about the torment that built up under his chest every time he tried to figure it out.

 

The last time he cried at the Colby Cake House in front of Kevin—one of his closest friend also his partner of The Duo—when it once popped in his mind that it was the love that made him down—the love of eleven people that once brightened his days back then but he was standing all by himself now. The job, the career that he was having right then and there was different from what he was a few years ago.

 

“Yifan, the producer is calling, you need to hurry!”

 

The voice snapped his mind back to reality and he huffed, as he turned around to the voice’s direction—he smirked and only to be greeted with a small smile that plastered on a petite male’s lips in front of him. John—it was John his manager that was waiting for him to utter a word but none of the words that bottled up in him escaped from his mouth.

 

“You’re anticipating, aren’t you?” John asked earning a nod from the tall guy then he smiled.

 

“Five minutes more, I want you to be there, got it?”

 

“Yeah,” Was the only word he could say at that time.

 

He was at the CTV entertainment’s building—to be precise he was actually at the guest room waiting for the time to arrive, the time for airing the program of his own talk show. People had never expected that he could be the host just because of he seldom spoke and not a good speaker back then but today was different—he was Wu Yifan after all.

 

His life had totally changed after he walked out from a company that once brought him down sitting in the loneliness but thanks to Kevin, John and Ashley—his closest friend for now that always be with him whenever he needed them and they had never stopped supporting then would always encourage him to smile. Nevertheless, he was still missing those eleven persons. It wasn’t easy to erase the beautiful memory that had been created and the strong relationship between them would never once make him down but the world was cruel. He would never have a chance to see them again nor that they have times to see him but he was fine and tried to be fine though his heart was begging for bone crashing hug from a guy that once stated him as a betrayal.

 

Life was sometimes complicated to him because he wasn’t just a host, he was an actor, a singer and also a model—international model. The world had once being cruel to him when he was scheduled to be at the international fashion week which consisted hundreds of guests including EXO—the group that he had left a few years ago for manning up his right but they couldn’t see it instead accusing him as a betrayal and it was fine for him.

 

Fine didn’t mean he didn’t care but fine meant he would make them realized one day that he was just a human that manned up for his own right to be free, not being treated like a robot. He wasn’t a machine and he couldn’t be like them. Being treated just like a stupid machine, fully scheduled with bunch of variety show and concerts without rest. He could do everything they wanted but rest. The rest was important for him because he wasn’t in a good health back then—he was suffering to asthma and he didn’t want them to worry but fate just blinded the fact and made him leave the precious everything behind. Fortunately he soon recovered from the illness after having a long treatment in Canada—his hometown and could live a perfect life just like other human did.

 

He was the artist under the CTV Entertainment which was a well-known entertainment company in USA, together with Kevin since they were the hot rappers named The Duo. He was happy, knowing that the company contract satisfied him so much that they didn’t treat the artists like robots and most of the artists didn’t have many problems with the contracts given because it wasn’t a contract that filled with compulsion.

 

The CEO—Bernard Lee—a mixed Chinese-American was also an easy-going person and sometimes would spend a day in every six month to celebrate the company’s successful outcome. Yifan was happy to be under the CTV and he had never complained about the treatment given. Everything was fine and nothing to be complained about.

 

It was Sunday and he gladly woke up from his bed early in the morning to make a phone call—and he was going to call Kevin, thinking about a plan of hanging out that day since it was his day off yet he still didn’t forget to recheck his schedule. John would probably turn to a red hulk if he forgot about his important job but today was an exception.

 

“Kevin? Are you awake?” He asked, too oblivious with Kevin’s sleepy husky voice.

 

“Of course, if not then who would pick this phone up?” Kevin sounded annoyed.

 

“Uh—yeah. Anyway, do you have any job to do today? Because I’m planning to go out somewhere—‘

 

“You really know how to distract my day with Ashley, don’t you?”

 

“Sorry, but please?” He pleaded then chuckled lightly earning a loud groan from his best friend.

 

“Fine, don’t forget to bring John together,”

 

“Great! Usual place, breakfast and dinner,” he chirped happily and the other replied with a small okay then he gladly hung up—throwing the phone onto the bed, he quickly rushed to the bathroom.

 

He knew that spending the day together with Kevin, Ashley and John would be amazing and he had never felt boring hanging out with them, not even once because the trio would love to argue about something ridiculous that could make him smile like an idiot then the trio would only ask him with a small what and they knew that he wouldn’t answer to that kind of question.

 

Chick-fil-A was their usual place and the ‘breakfast and dinner’ meant they would spend the day from the breakfast time until eight or nine in the evening because Yifan seldom spent his day off until midnight and he needed to rest after all.

 

Ashley was Kevin’s lover which also his manager, an American girl with 172 centimeters height—tanned skin with boyish style and she had never worn the women’s outfit because she once said that it wasn’t her style and wearing short pants with sneakers and shirts were more preferable to her. Kevin loved the way she was and never complained about her attire or attitude but . Overly talkative that made the Korean guy sometimes wanted to just seal her lips with tapes. Nevertheless, he wouldn’t do that and kept on listening to the petite lady’s ridiculous nag.

 

Yifan and Ashley were in the same age with the same month of birth and the difference was only 6th and 7th. The tanned lady was 7th and the tall guy with 6th but Ashley would always remind him that she was a day younger than Yifan that made the tall guy felt like punching her in the face but he loved her in anyways—as a best friend of course. While Kevin was a year older and John was four years older than them.

 

John was also an American just like the boyish lady—to be precise he was her cousin but treated her like a younger brother of him. He had never thought Ashley as a girl because the petite lady had never acted like one and would always deny when John trying to state that she was possessed by a man’s ghost. No matter what, he still loved her and Kevin—though he didn’t like Kevin as much as he liked Yifan.

 

Kevin thought he was the first to arrive at the Chick-fil-A but he was wrong when his eyes spotted a petite female sitting at the table at the corner of the restaurant alone with eyes locked on the phone in her hands—it was Ashley, wearing a ‘illegal’ black snapback with blues shirt and a pair of short blue jeans and sneakers. That was her style and Kevin knew well that the tanned would always wear short pants.

 

“Babe, why didn’t you tell me that you’re the first to arrive?”

 

“Should I?” Ashley looked up only to be greeted with a frown that plastered on Kevin’s face that was standing in front of her with arms crossed over his chest.

 

“Yes you should and you didn’t even bother to tell me that you’re already here, did you?”

 

“Cool man, I don’t feel like telling you plus, I’m not in a good mood today,” Ashley shrugged and patted the seat next to her signaling the Korean guy to sit.

 

Kevin rolled his eyes in annoyance but sat down next to the tanned lady in anyways. Feeling like choking his own lover and asked the boy’s ghost that possessed his lover to get out from her body. Then he asked—

 

“Why?”

 

“This story made me sad,” She said while appointing at the phone’s screen.

 

“What story?”

 

“Angst story that—‘

 

“Don’t tell me that you read a cliché love story, since when?” Kevin made a face earning a roll of eyes from the latter.

 

“Ugh! It’s not a cliché love story, it’s a fan fiction and you do know that I hate a cliché love story so there’s no way for me to read that rubbish,” Ashley mumbled while sticking out his tongue at his lover and Kevin just chuckled lightly while shaking his head. The sassy Ashley would always be annoying but he loved it no matter what.

 

In the meantime, Yifan and John arrived together at the Chick-fil-A. He could tell that Kevin and Ashley were now having a ridiculous argument because he knew that the tanned lady would always be the first to arrive but Kevin was too oblivious and they would have a little chat that could make it turn to a big problem until he felt like running away and never come back to face the two.

 

But then there he was staring at the oblivious couple with John scrunching up his face watching the scene that made him feel like killing the stupid couple and Yifan just cleared his throat making the two turned to look at him with wide eyes then smiled sheepishly. The couple was really something and he just shook his head no, while sitting across them and John followed suit.

 

“Calm your tongues down, would you?” he sighed while eyeing the couple.

 

“She won’t stop nagging Wufan, you do know that,” John muttered nonchalantly while pressing the button ‘call’ on the table calling for the waiter to come.

 

“Oh please John, you’re throwing it on me again,” Ashley snapped—rolling her eyes while eyeing her boyfriend, annoyed.

 

“You should stop nagging Ash,” Yifan interrupted earning a clap of hands from Kevin.

 

“Hundred percent agree!” Kevin exclaimed—raising his hand to high five with Yifan while making a face that made Ashley gritted her teeth.

 

“Fanfan, you better not hi-fiving this jerk or I’ll cut off your head,”

 

She warned making John burst into laugh and Yifan turned to his right—eyeing his manager slash friend with a frown. All of his friends were sometimes unpredictable that made him wonder why he chose to be friend with them in the first place but they were his mood booster no matter what. They way the trio nagged, laughed and even spoke with unpredictable words were like the moon’s bright beam that light up his night.

 

“Ashley you should look at your own face, you better stay cool and shut your mouth, it’s funny to see you mad like a nanny,” John laughed while slapping his thighs earning a big smack on his head from the tanned lady.

 

“ you John!”

 

“Sorry, you’re not my type but Kevin,”

 

“I hate you,”

 

“I love you,” Kevin suddenly interrupted to stop the argument and Yifan just rolled his eyes—annoyed with his dumb friends but it sent butterflies in his belly nevertheless.

 

Sometimes everything that happened around him reminded to him to the eleven persons he loved. It was something that he couldn’t deny, not for today, not for the day after tomorrow and not until the end of the world. His love towards them was priceless and uncountable. They could just spit on his face that he was a betrayer but he knew what he did and they shouldn’t have been too oblivious about that. He did feel disappointed and felt like throwing away all the memorable things farther from him but he couldn’t and wouldn’t do that.

 

Every time he closed his eyes, he saw him—an angel-liked guy with white porcelain skin, almond-shaped eyes with brown hair, pink lips and perfect nose and his name was Kim Joonmyeon, to be precise it was Suho, the leader of EXO. He missed him so much and the words ‘we are leader’ would always linger in his head making him let out a long sigh at the memory.

 

It was hard to get rid of those unforgettable memories, every time he entered the bathroom, the image of the panda-eyed guy with tanned skin, sharp nose, V-shaped face with plump lips flashed behind his eyes. It was Tao and he still remembered the time when Tao started to whine asking him to take a bath together just because he was scared of a ghost and felt insecure to take a bath all by himself but it hurt him. The thought about that guy gave him pain that was too much for him to take.

 

Every night and day, he thought about them but did they think about him, where he was and what he did? Well of course they knew that he was an artist with variety of jobs but after the unfortunate event, they shut down everything that was related to him. He was like a stranger to them when he made an eye contact with them back then at the International Fashion Week, how he wished he could hug them that time but to no avail. They ignored him like a total stranger and he cried so much that day. He could taste the bitterness in his throat and the sting on his heart was killing him.

 

What so wrong about standing up for his own right as a human? Why couldn’t they understand his feeling? Why they put all the blame on him? Why did they shut the world and only live in their own world? He didn’t know and didn’t understand why.

 

He cried so much when they started to un-follow him on Instagram, he knew that he didn’t suppose to seal his lips and should clear everything out but he did tell Tao the reason behind of the decision he made but the younger didn’t buy it and didn’t even bother to listen to him so what should he do then? Nothing, wasn’t it? The crack of his heart could be heard every time he smiled at the beautiful memory that they once created and his wound would never be healed because of those pieces of the remembrance.

 


A week later:

“Fanfan, why didn’t you pick up the phone? I’m so dead if I didn’t found you, John might kill me,” Ashley groaned in annoyance while walking towards him that was standing at the window with eyes gazing out—staring at the beautiful scenery in front of him.

 

They were at the Jeju-do Hotel, Korea—he was there for the photo shoot of Ceci magazine together with Kevin and of course John and Ashley were there too. They were the managers after all. He was about to reject the offer when John told him that the photo shoot would be held in Korea but the American guy told him that it was important for his worldwide career and it might be something good for his modeling jobs in the future and so he did though it was hard for him to go back to Korea because it was torturous and he hated it.

 

“I’m on my—‘

 

“Do not make up an excuse, I’m not gonna buy it,” Ashley paused—walking closer and she stood next to the tall guy while facing out the window then continued, “You’re thinking about them again, aren’t you?”

 

“You know that I can’t forget them Ash. Why here? Why Ceci magazine?” He let out a long sigh and bit his lip, trying to hold back his tears.

 

“It’s fate. Only God knows the reason, Fanfan.” She said while starting to pat the taller’s shoulder without even looking at him.

 

“What if—‘

 

“Move on already, could you?”

 

Yifan sighed and snapped his head to the left only to be greeted with a soft gaze from Ashley. He took a deep breath and said, “Easy for you to say, Ash but it’s hard.”

 

“You can do it, I believe you. Why can’t you believe yourself? I know it’s hard and I’m not in your shoe but Fanfan, just this once. I’m begging you, please. I hate to see the sadness in your eyes and even you’re smiling, you can’t hide it from me. Stop lying that you’re happy. If you need someone just tell me or Kevin and even John, we’re here for you,”

 

“Thanks Ash,” He smiled bitterly and wrapped his arms around the petite lady’s shoulders then muttered a small ‘I’ll try’ to her ear.

 

The tanned was only nodded and gave a pat on the taller back while whispering something that made Yifan laugh and pushed her away. Well at least she tried to light up his mood and dragged him out from the hotel for the photo shoot.'

 

Hours later Yifan found himself sitting on the white leather couch while holding a magazine—he didn’t read but trying to cease the boredom that surrounded him and waiting for Kevin to finish his shots. They were at the studio of Ceci together with the crews of the productions, friends—as usual—and the director, the photo shoots quite boring to him and he needed something that could make him stop from sighing.

 

“Is everything fine?” John asked out of the blue while taking a seat next to him.

 

“Yeah, I’m bored.” He said while placing the magazine that was in his hand on the glass table in front of him.

 

“Three more shots then we can have a rest,” John muttered—fishing out his phone from his pants pocket and started to scroll searching for the new recipe because yeah John loved to cook and that was it.

 

“Great.” Yifan said and leaned his back against the couch while eyes wandering around the studio. The studio was huge with wall painted with white decorated with English style and floral vintage ceiling it was simple yet breathtaking with glasses window that could make everybody inside relax with the view of the island outside of it.

 

He then got up from the couch, slowly made his way to the main door of the studio—stepping out to take some fresh air and rest his mind but to no avail when his eyes spotted a white limo hummer was coming towards the studio. With mind wondering about the person in the limo, he frowned. There must be five to ten people in it and it would be the infamous idols’ limo but whom?

 

The limo then stopped a few meters away from the studio and as one of the persons in the said transport got out—reaching feet on the ground, wearing a white shirt with black snapback and a pair of blue skinny jeans with sneakers, pale skin with black hair, he could feel his heart suddenly stopped beating and the time froze with blood running out that made him pale and he was at lost for words.

 

It was Sehun, the maknae of the group—the group that he missed the most—EXO. He bit his inner cheek and started to get back in the studio but he couldn’t as his frozen step wouldn’t let him move even for an inch.

 

Eyes still locked at the milky skinned guy and slowly his eyes brimmed with tears as the eleven of them had already out from the limo and began to walk towards him. He took a deep breath and shook his head. He needed to be strong and he couldn’t let them notice the tears that forming in his eyes so he quickly turned around and get back into the studio with the stabbing pain on his heart.

 

In the meantime, Sehun knew—he knew that it was his hyung who was wearing a black suit with dirty blonde hair when his eyes caught a glimpse of that tall guy and he knew that the members also noticed the existence of Kris at the studio but they didn’t even utter a single word that made him seal his lips and followed the members’ steps to the studio.

 

He could feel his heart started to skip a beat because he did miss the guy that once lightened up their days a few years ago but everything had changed. The members didn’t even want to talk about Kris, all his Hyungs refused to put up a topic that was related to that tall guy and they wanted to forget him though he knew that they also missed the guy so bad.

 

As the eleven of them entered the studio, they caught sights of The Duo and the managers, a few meters away from them—sitting on the white leather couch while chatting and even laughing, and they could feel a slight pang on their chest. Kris was happy and they were wrong, they thought that the guy would suffer his life when he left eleven of them back then but they could see the guy was smiling happily before them.

 

Sehun and Tao exchanged look at each other while Suho and other members just shrugged it off and walked inside meeting the crews and staffs of the Ceci magazine inside the studio.

 

Yifan could feel the eyes that were on him but he kept on talking to Kevin, John and Ashley to distract his mind from thinking about those eleven persons’ presence. Those stares were killing him inside though he didn’t make any eye contact with them but he could feel that their heart was actually set in fire with him ignoring them.

 

Thirty minutes later, after talking to the staffs about the photo shoot and the magazine, shaking hands and the staffs saying gratitude to The Duo for the cooperation, they bid goodbye to each other and he, Kevin, John and Ashley was about to leave the studio when someone suddenly walked towards them and greeted—

 

“How are you, Wu—Yifan?”

 

The four of them froze as someone suddenly greeted Yifan sternly with his husky voice out of the blue, they turned their head to the direction of the voice in unison and there stood a tall guy with arms crossed over his chest, tanned skin. It was Tao, Huang Zitao that was standing before them—staring at Yifan with glaring eyes enough to make the latter speechless.

 

Tao raised his brows—waiting for Wu Yifan to answer him and the guy looked shock with his sudden greet and enough to make him smirk while slowly shaking his head no. He wanted to hug Yifan but his heart hurt seeing the tall guy was then happy with his new life made the indescribable pain crawled down his spine.

 

“I’m just doing well,” Yifan finally managed to answer with stoic face—staring at the tanned guy expressionlessly. His heart beat racing but he tried to look cool and relax in front of Tao.

 

“Good then,” Tao smirked.

 

“What about you? Having a great life huh?” he blurted out making his friends widened their eyes in disbelief.

 

“Of course, even without—Kris,” 

 



un-beta-ed 

pls excuse any error because I'm too lazy to recheck. 

It's been written based on my own logic so yeah, I hope you dont mind with it. hoho 

So comments and subscribes are loved! :D

Thanks for reading! the last shot will be their past lives and I'll make it up on tomorrow night! Love you guys! 

[LEY] XOXO