Chapter 2

Street Society

Mountain Pass

10:43 pm

 

 

The meeting point is a large parking lot of a rest area at the peak of the mountain. People used to travel through the mountain pass to come and go the city but it took 2 hours long going through the mountain and even longer when traffic jam build up. After the outer ring road highway was constructed people prefer to use it because it could cut the travel time in half so it became lesser and lesser people going through the mountain and it died out until a few years later the Super Junior made the place as their home base.

 

Since nobody use the mountain road any longer it eventually became their playground. The Super Junior weren't exclusive for themselves. They accept others to join them to practise their skills or to race against them which no one has ever succeeded. There were two kinds of racing in the mountain which are uphill race and downhill race. Cars with bigger powertrain usually races uphill because you need a lot of power to push yourself up to the steep roads while for downhill races you would need a lighter car with better traction because it could be pretty dangerous. People went there to watch cars drifting their way on a corner, but it wasn't always about racing. Sometimes the Super Junior organized a barbeque party where people could bring their own meat to grill and eat them together. Some dance crew sometimes used the spot to have an unofficial competition against each other while others came to play music. The place suddenly alive again and became a popular hang out place for youngsters and because of that the Super Junior has earned a great respect.

 

That evening the mountain pass was busier than usual. Crowds already gathered on the meeting point and along the road because there were rumor that the Girls Generation going to come to the mountain to meet the home heroes. Some local street racers also came. They wouldn't want to miss the chance to see the famous Girls Generation.

 

Among the crowd there were a group 9 men standing in circle

 

Whoa..busier crowd than usual...”

 

Can't help it..the rumor has already spread that tonight they will going to come here to meet us..”

 

(sigh) Hey, Leetuk..are they really going to come?”, Eunhyuk leaned on his car with his arms crossed on his chest.

 

Be patience, Hyuk..if Shindong said he really saw them, they will come..”

 

I'm just curious how they look like..people said they're really pretty..What about you, Hae?”

 

If that's true I just hope they drive as good as they look..”

 

Dude..never underestimate them before we see how they drive in person. You remember the all girls motorcycle gang Sistar? Their level of skill could be on par with MotoGp racers.”

 

Okay..okay....Whatever...you're the pro, Choi Siwon..”

 

Hey, stop teasing me...I'm not a pro yet..”

 

Stop it you two..I'm trying to listen to the radio here..” Leeteuk tried to listen on the walkie talkie closely, wating for any news.

 

Super Junior's Kyuhyun had a few men placed on some of the corners or 'checkpoints' as they called it, armed with walkie talkies to communicate. Their roles usually as the eye or ear to inform anyone if there was any police patroling. During a race they also had a part as a commentator giving any updates throughout the race.

 

Loosen up yourself a bit, dude..I'm sure Kyuhyun's men would inform us if they see them coming..Right?” Siwon tried to ease up while he nudged Kyuhyun's arm with his elbow.

 

As soon as he finished his sentence, someone's voice broke up from the walkie talkie, “They're here! They're here! They will arrive at your place in any moment now..

 

Speak of the devil..”

 

As the sound of exhaust noise rumbled through the air..

 

Here they come..”

 

When they looked at one end of the road they saw a convoy of cars appeared from a corner. Their exhaust fumes filled the air surrounding the area as they arrived at the meeting ground. A dark metallic green Nissan GT-R was on the lead followed by a magenta pink Nissan S15, a white BMW M3, a black FD3S, an orange Nissan 370Z. Next came a white Subaru Impreza WRX, a yellow Mazda MX-5, a red Mitsubishi Evolution X, and a two-toned red/black extremely rare Nissan SilEighty parked behind them. All eyes are fixed on them as some of the crowd took pictures of them with their cellphones.

 

All jaws dropped as nine beautiful girls emerged from each car including the Super Junior members. They weren't expecting their next opponent to be that stunning.

 

Dang.....they really are beautiful..”. The boys just couldn't took his eyes away from the girls.

 

After shutting the door with a firm thump Taeyeon looked around at the crowd surrounding them. For being the leader of the only unbeaten all girls street racing crew she already got used for being the center of attention.

 

I'm sorry for my straight forwardness...but if you're all street racers could anyone here tell us where we can find the Super Junior? We've heard they have a reputation as the fastest on this mountain..”

 

Leeteuk stepped forward separating himself from his group,”My name is Leeteuk, leader of the Super Junior...we consider ourselves the fastest around here..”

 

Taeyeon then exchanged glance with one of her taller member and gave her a slight nod as if she was giving her a cue which the other girl nodded back before she walked forward.

 

Good evening..Firstly let me introduce ourselves. We are the members of Girls Generation, and my name is Choi Sooyoung. We have come all the way from Seoul and I would like to say that it's an honor for us to finally be able to meet with the Super Junior.”, she said it confidently.

 

We all here love to drive..but if we keep racing with just the locals it would become monotonous and boring. So our purpose to come here is to meet outside teams, making new friends, exchange knowledge or skills so we could improve our level..and for that we have a suggestion..”

 

How about we arrange for our meeting next Saturday...we could drive a round a bit and then we have an exhibition race uphill and downhill with each representative..it's not about who's winning or losing since it will be friendly race.”

 

What do you think? It doesn't sounds like a bad idea..” Siwon went next to Leeteuk with an almost whispering voice, “Besides we could see how well they drive..”

 

Well..if you put it that way..”

 

Leeteuk then faced the girl. “Why not? We'll do that!”

 

Sooyoung smiled brightly, “Alright! That settles it then!”

 

We'll just have rest of the night practicing to familiarize ourselves to the track..” she continued. “Please be kind to us!”

 

Make yourself comfortable! Anyone is welcome here!” Leeteuk responded.

 

Then the girls left the meeting point with the exhaust noise of their cars roared in the air. As the girls hit the road, the Super Junior members gathered around.

 

Don't let them fool you, guys..” Leeteuk started. “All the pretty words she said are actually a challenge.”

 

I heard they have beaten the Bangtan boys earlier this month.” Heechul said.

 

Those poor bastards..”

 

And they come here to show off? Hah! I'm not going to let them make fun of us..”

 

Alright, we're going out too! I want to see how good they really are!”, Leeteuk finally got pumped up and made a decision.

 

Yeah! That's our leader!” Eunhyuk punched Leeteuk in the arm.

 

Here we have the advantage knowing the track! Let's show them!!”

 

Let's go guys! Let's go!! Let's go!!” Donghae shouted and got inside his Nissan Skyline GT-R R34, followed by the other members jumped inside their own rides.

 

Soon the boys left and joined the girls on the track with their tires made screeching noises and engines roared.

 

Each side tried to check out their opponents, how well do they drive, was there any weaknesses, any strong points they had to be careful at, also they were trying not to spoil any of their strengths and weaknesses. They all ran for a few hours on the mountain and once they thought they had enough running they had a few beers before went back to their respective groups.

 

 

 

Mountain Pass

02:23 am

 

 

 

Super Junior

 

Most of the crowd were already left the place since it was already so late. The boys gathered in a circle discussing about their opponents.

 

They're incredible..” Kibum opened up.

 

They're good..”. Siwon agreed.

 

I was following one of them, tried to watch their techniques from behind...the way they approached a corner, they way they exited the corner apex, it's almost like a pro and I know it because I've seen how pro drives”

 

There's just something different...i just never thought their level is going to be this high.” Heechul felt worried.

 

I'm sure they haven't give all of their abilities..” Kyuhyun said to the others.

 

They went silent a moment after realizing that their opponent this time might be the hardest of all.

 

Oh come on..! How come you guys feel so discouraged like this?” Donghae felt irritated to what the others thought.

 

I'm sure we all feel like this because they're girls...and we have never seen any girl drove that good before and we're just shocked..that's all..!” He tried to be reasonable.

 

Maybe Donghae is right...we took them lightly because they're girls and it surprised us when we see that they're that good in driving..we should see them as our opponent, just like any other.” agreed Siwon.

 

We've seen their driving techniques, and it isn't something that we could take lightly..” Leeteuk concluded.

 

It's getting late..Let us all go home now and meet up somewhere again later..”

 

With that, all the members agreed.

 

 

 

Girls Generation

 

Well..earlier was quite a welcoming party..” Hyoyeon chuckled a bit remembering they were greeted by quite large of crowd when they arrived at the meeting point.

 

They must've know we're coming” guessed Seohyun.

 

So...what do you think about them?” Tiffany asked the rest of the members.

 

They surely a lot better than the Bangtan boys..” Yuri looked at Yoona who stood beside her which she nodded in agreement.

 

I think they're pretty much the same with the EXO crew we defeated two months ago..” Jessica glanced at the direction where the Super Juniors gathered.

 

No..they're way better...some of them even have good skill..” Sunny crossed her arms.

 

That Siwon guy..like what we predicted earlier he has the best driving skill among them..I was behind him at one time and almost couldn't keep up..”. Yoona said while she leaned on her car.

 

I'm sure he hasn't show his true ability so we should take him a lot more seriously..” Hyoyeon added.

 

This might be our toughest opponent we ever faced so far..” said Sooyoung while she exhaled a long sigh..

 

We can't lose..not here..not in anywhere else..or else the Girls Generation name won't become a legend..” Taeyeon spoke suddenly.

 

Do you still remember why we do this at the first place? We want to show those guys who look down on us just because we're girls..” She continued.

 

We wanted to show our capabilities to crush the ones who despise us...Guys thinks they're superior in the world of street racing..in Seoul we have proved them wrong..”

 

First, we have claimed in every districts in Seoul..and eventually we go to other regions to set course records the local can't beat..”

 

Then we will be known as the fastest in Korea!” add Tiffany and the others nodded in agreement.

 

It's late now...let's head back to the hotel. We're going back to Seoul before noon..”

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I'm sorry there has been  a delay..got caught up by work..

I hope you're still looking forward with the story..