Chapter 1

Street Society

02.15 am

Outer Ring Road Highway

 

X City, the second largest city in South Korea. Located at the coast facing the Sea of Japan which makes it one of the busiest port city in the world, with mountains and valleys separating some of the districts. In a moonless night a lonely emergency tow truck was patrolling alone on the empty highway heading to the city. Latest K-pop songs can be heard playing from the CD player as the driver who had just finished his last work of the night looked pretty tired and somewhat grumpy.

 

What a day...found an old lady with her car broken down just an hour before my shift ends, and to my luck she happens to live miles away from the city and now I have to head home at this hour......great..”

 

In the distance tiny flashes of light suddenly appeared. He was a bit surprised when he saw it flickering from his rear view mirror, knowing nobody rarely drive this late.

 

Huh? Who are actually driving from of of town this late?.............well, besides me of course”, he thought, feeling a bit pissed.

 

As the lights gotten closer and the exhaust noise were getting louder he noticed that there are more than just one pair of headlights.

 

Hmmm...There are quite a lot of them......and their exhaust sound...”. He turned his audio off and lowered down his window to hear better.

 

Those noise they make...those aren't stock...and they way they change gears.....”

 

As he kept glancing back and forth from the road to his rear view mirror the headlights are getting closer and closer each seconds.

 

Hey..hey..aren't they going a little bit too fast?”

 

It only took a few seconds for him to glanced at the road before looking back at his rear view mirror only to found that those headlights were right behind him.

 

Whoa...whoa...whoa...too fast....too faaaasstt!!”

 

VRROOMMM!! VROOMM!! VRROOOMMM!!

VRROOMMM!! VROOOOMMM!! VRROOOMMM!!VRROOOMMM!!

VROOMMM!! VRROOOMMM!!

 

Several cars passed the truck in a blink of an eye. They disappeared as fast as they showed up, leaving a red trail from their tail lights behind.

 

What the F..??!! They're crazy!! It's too dangerous to drive that fast!”

 

As he watched their red tail light vanished into the distance then he just realized something..

 

 

 

 

w..wait....how many cars were there?”

 

 

 

 

. . . . .”

 

 

 

 

 

No way.............it can't be them........”

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

X City

08.36 am

Seaside Residential Area

 

 

Hyung...! Hyung...!”

 

A young man was standing in front of a modern seaside house waited impatiently. Loud music and people cheering could be heard from inside the house.

 

Come out, man..i got something to tell you..!”

 

Hey...I heard you! I heard you! No need to yell, dude..”

 

Another man who seemed older than the first one appeared from the house. He wore a rolled up long sleeve white shirt, white cargo shorts and sockless beige leather slip-ons.

 

Hyung! You finally show up!”

 

Heeeey..word up, dude..” The two men gave each other a brofist.

 

Huff..Dammit, Hyung, you smell like alcohol...You've been drinking?”

 

Oh, we're just having a party inside..”

 

What?? Who would have a party this early in the morning?”

 

Oh...one of my friend is having her birthday so I suggested her to celebrate it in my place. The party actually started since last night and it went on until..oh I don't know...woke up with a bad hangover and the best cure for a bad hangover? Having another booze! And we started partying again.”

 

Really, Hyung? Don't you have a restaurant to take care??”

 

Hey...I'm the OWNER of the restaurant. Besides I have hired the best people to take care of it. That's what managers are for.”

 

The younger man almost face-palmed himself.

 

So...what is that so important that you need to tell me on this lovely Saturday morning?”

 

Oh, yes..about that,” suddenly remembered what he came for the first place.“They're here!”

 

Wait..wait...who's here?”

 

Them! The Girls Generation!” He explained excitedly. “Shindong called and told me that he saw them when he was on his way back home from patrolling!”

 

Uuumm...I'm pretty sure I've heard about them from you before, but...uuhh...can you tell me about who they are one more time?”

 

Aaww...come on, hyung! Right now they're like the hottest topic in street racing world! All of the members are girls and they showed up around a year ago in Seoul. So far they have beaten every other racing groups that has been dominated by men! They're turning the street racing world upside down!!”

 

Are you sure it's them? It could be anyone else..”

 

I am sure! He told me that he recognized the leading Nissan GT-R and a pink S15. Those two are always together wherever they go...so it must be them!”

 

And why they're here all the way from Seoul?”

 

To challenge us, of course!. I have always been wondering sooner or later they would come here..”

 

To challenge? Do you think you guys can win?”

 

My crew, the Super Junior, I'm pretty sure that we're going to give them a hard time for coming to this city..”

 

The older one chuckled while taking off his Ray Ban Aviator.“Leeteuk...Leeteuk...Leteuk....You called me out just to tell me that?”

 

Huh? But, Daniel...Hyung...I thought you'd be interested...”

 

When you said the members are all girls, I was..but the racing part? Not so much..”

 

Well there you are..”, suddenly a very attractive girl showed up from the gate of the house, wearing nothing but a skimpy bikini. “I've been looking for you everywhere.”

 

Now this is something that I'm interested into..”. He then approached the girl and placed his hands on her hips, kissed her on her neck lightly making the other guy felt uneasy watching them.

 

Daniel, honey..What are you doing out here?”

 

Mmm..I'm just chatting to my friend sweetie..”

 

Oh...that handsome young man over there?”

 

(sigh) Yes..that handsome young man over there..”

 

He then faced back to Leeteuk with his one hand still on the girl's hip.

 

Gina, this is Leeteuk...Leeteuk, this is Gina..the birthday girl I told you earlier..”

 

H-Happy Birthday....I'm Leeteuk......How..How are you..”

 

Thank you..” She offered her hand for a handshake. “A friend of Daniel is a friend of mine too..”

 

T-Thank you...” Leeteuk seemed captivated by her beauty, her curvy figure, and something that jiggled when they shook hands.

 

Ahem...” Daniel cleared his throat on purpose. “Why don't you go back inside, sweetie..It's not nice to have the birthday girl leaving her own party..”

 

O-okay, honey..will Leeteuk be joining us?”

 

Oh...I'm afraid he won't be able to..He has to prepare for his own party later”

 

Huh? I-I didn't say tha...”

 

Aaww..that's a shame...” she pout. “Well..nice meeting you, Leeteuk..”

 

Ah...Nice meeting you too..”

 

And you, Daniel honey...some girls are already going skinny dipping in the pool. Don't stay out for too long or you're going to miss all the fun.”

 

Oh..I wouldn't want to miss that..” He smiled from ear to ear and they watched the girl disappeared behind the gate walls

 

I assume you will be meeting them on the mountain pass tonight.”

 

Yes..”

 

Well..treat them nicely then..”

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Hotel Europa

City Center

 

 

 

In one of the hotel room a brunette girl was standing facing the window. Her pure white face glowed as the morning sun shone through the window touched her face. Another one lied on the bed reading a magazine when they heard someone rang the doorbell.

 

I'll get it..” said the one on the bed as she walked to the door.

 

When she opened the door she found a girl with a stone cold facial expression waited at the hotel corridor.

 

Good morning, Jess..had a good sleep last night?”

 

Hardly..”, she replied shortly before walked away. “Come on, Tiff..the others are already having their breakfast downstairs.”

 

Be there in a minute..”. Tiffany replied and looked back at the girl on the window. Tae..the others are ready..”

 

Taeyeon finaly looked away from the window, grabbed her jacket and walked toward Tiffany.

 

Let's go..”

 

When Taeyeon and Tiffany arrived at the hotel restaurant they joined with the rest after served themselves at the buffet table. Most of them were having a light breakfast with cereals or eggs with tea or coffee. One in particular were enjoying herself with baked sweet potato while the two thinnest members were stuffing themselves with anything they could get from sausages to pancakes.

 

The girls were sitting in front of a long table at the terrace since it was not as crowded as the indoor area of the restaurant, but for not very far from the buffet table as one of them insisted, with the hotel swimming pool behind them and a mountain in a distance as their backdrop.

 

You called for a meeting, Tae?”, asked one of the girls with the long blonde hair.

 

You could've pick up a better time..”, said the ice princess.

 

Yes, Hyo..and I know you must be still pretty tired from last night trip”. Taeyeon looked at Jessica before she continued. “All of us are..but I just want Seo to brief us one more time about the next opponent we're going to meet tonight...just to remind us again..”

 

So..Seohyun...whenever you're ready..”

 

Ne, unnie..” She put aside her tea cup and pulled out her tablet and opened up a file from one of her folders.

 

Before Girls Generation challenge other racing groups Seohyun always gather every little bit of information that she could get about their opponents. Trying to find what are their strengths and weaknesses so the girls could come up the best strategy to defeat them. Doing that Seohyun often went days or even a week earlier to go to the opponent's area to do her research before the girls decided to 'formally' send their challenge. As a member of the Girls Generation her two-toned Nissan Sil-Eighty is too recognizable it would attract so much attention or suspicion so she often took her other car the one she uses daily, a 2010 Mini Cooper Convertible. Once arrived at the local street racing hot spot she blended in with the crowds to gather any information from asking people out, taking pictures, and watch the race.

 

Our opponent this time called themselves the Super Junior. Their home base is actually in the city but they usually meet up at a rest area at the top of the mountain pass every weekend around 11 pm. The track is 7.552m long and it has a variations of slow and fast corners with some areas has a combination of tight and wide hairpins.”

 

Seohyun showed a few pictures of track before it changed to a picture of a young male with a short brown hair.

 

His name is Leeteuk, the leader of the Super Junior. For most of the time he does uphill race in his a twin-turbocharged 2.997 cc Toyota Supra that produced 544 bhp after heavy modification....but the one that you have to watch out is this guy..”

 

Seohyun then changed the slide to another young man.

 

Choi Siwon...He drives a heavily modified, turbocharged version Toyota 86, producing 346 bhp of boost.”

 

What's so special about him? He sure looks alright but we have raced guys with better cars..”, asked the tanned girl leaned forward over with one hand supporting her chin.

 

Yeah..even Jessica's M3 has a lot more power than his car..”, said another girl with a doe-eye.

 

It's not about his car..”, Taeyeon suddenly spoke making the others turned their attention to her.

 

Taeyeon unnie is right..” agreed Seohyun. “I did some research about him and I found he has entered some local and national races. He's still in an rookie category but he was trained by professionals...so we have to assume he has better basic and techniques from the ones we have faced so far..”

 

He's not your average street racer, girls..” Taeyeon added.

 

So...what can we do about him?” one of them frowned and pout, she leaned her back on the chair, her hands in her pockets, weaving her body side to side in a cute way.

 

Oh, Sunny..for your own sake, please stop trying to be cute..”

 

Hey, I was born cute!”

 

I have something for that, unnie..”, Seohyun continued. “Last night I downloaded some videos from youtube..They are videos of Siwon when he raced in official competitions and some videos of him with some of the Super Junior members racing in the mountain..It's not a lot, and some of them are really shaky but I hope the videos could help..”

 

You're always so thoughtful, Seo..” Sunny then gave Seohyun a tap on the shoulder.

 

The videos are all we got..let's watch them and learn what we could before meeting them tonight in person..then we could actually analize them..”

 

You go watch them.....i'm going back to sleep..”

 

Jessicaaa..!”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally my first chapter is here!

I'm sorry if it's a bit short..im writing between my work at the office..hehehe..

i'll try to post next one longer..