Comfort

My Sassy Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s the same bloody problem every time, Jongho!” The rage coursing through your veins causes you to raise your voice over the phone, and you roll your eyes agitatedly upon hearing the excuses streaming into your ear from your cell phone.

 

“Is that so?!” You argue when that irresponsible colleague of yours attempts to push the blame to you like he always does, “No. That is not true at all. I’ve told you time and again to get it checked properly! It’s not my fault you choose to practice selective hearing. I am not cleaning up after you this time, you hear?”

 

The heated conversation ends with your colleague hanging up on you and you slam your phone onto the desk before dragging a palm down your face. You’ve officially had it with this guy. He’s been tormenting you ever since he joined the company a week ago. He seems to be getting away with everything just because he’s new and it’s not fair. Even Miss Park sides with him most of the time.

 

Sighing heavily, you skim a few fingers across the touchpad to awaken your laptop, deciding to get that report done instead of brooding over that useless moron. You’re pretty sure he’s gonna get it all back someday, somehow.

 

Just then, a pair of arms encircles your neck and you feel a soft kiss being planted on the side of your head. A familiar voice follows, “Difficult time?”

 

“Sica…” You spin your chair around and wrap your arms around your girlfriend’s waist, burying your face into her stomach. She says nothing; as gentle as ever, she runs her fingers through your hair.

 

For some reason, her soft touch makes you feel vulnerable. Before you know it, you’ve started to break down into messy sobs, your tears seeping through her cardigan. She remains silent, caressing your shoulders and arms softly as you allow the pent-up stress to be released.

 

Every few seconds she shushes you and tries to tell you it’s okay.

 

By the time you were through, her cardigan was a sloppy mess, covered in tears and possibly mucus.

 

“I… I’m sorry,” You sniff, feeling a little embarrassed.

 

“Don’t be silly, baby,” Jessica picks up your hands and makes you stand up, “Now, I want to hear all about it.”

 

She sits you onto the bed comfortably and settles down behind you, dainty fingers reaching for your shoulders to massage them slowly. You ease into her touch, surprised at how quickly your worries were melting away.

 

Jessica always knows how to make you feel better.

 

“Talk to me, baby,” She prompts once more, “Tell me about this Jongho.”

 

“He’s an ,” You pout at the thought of that stupid jerk responsible for making your life at work a living hell.

 

“I would think so. Some nerve he has, making my Yonghyo upset,” You could feel the grip on your shoulders tighten a little, “Baby, if you’re really unhappy with this job, you know it’s okay to leave anytime, right?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter