Meet-The-Parents

My Sassy Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You step out of the bathroom, dressed rather casually, and notice Jessica still standing in front of the wardrobe. Seems like she was having a rather hard time trying to select an outfit for the evening.

 

“Babe, just wear whatever. It doesn’t matter,” You pat her on the head gently before heading to the dressing table to brush your hair.

 

“I can’t just wear whatever, Yonghyo. It’s my first official meeting with them. I need to look presentable,” She argues and grabs another hanger off the rack, “How does this look?” She holds an oversized shirtdress against her body and looks at you.

 

A sly smile appears on your face, “y.”

 

“Nope, y won’t do,” She sighs and flings the piece of clothing aside, turning her attention back to the closet for something else.

 

“Jessi, come on. That one was perfectly fine. Trust me.”

 

“Ugh, I can’t do this, Yonghyo… what if… what if they hate me? What if I mess up?” She plops onto the bed and runs her hands through her hair.

 

“Babe…” You make your way towards her briskly and cup her face with your hands, making her look at you, “You’re gonna be fine. They’re my parents, not monsters. They’ll love you,” You kiss her on the lips and pick up the shirtdress, “Put this on.”

 

Jessica pouts and drops her shoulders, still looking worried, “Okay.”

 

“Yah, smile,” You poke her cheek.

 

“But--”

 

“No excuses. Come on. Smile for me,” You insist, crossing your arms and tapping your foot impatiently.

 

Her lips tug into a wide grin seconds later, “Okay?”

 

“Better.”

 

****

 

After a two-hour drive, you finally arrive at your parents’ place. Shutting off the engine, you turn to Jessica, “Ready to go?”

 

She nods softly, looking like a lost little puppy. How cute. You pinch her cheek gently and assure her for the umpteenth time that night, “Everything’s gonna be okay. Just be yourself. And remember to smile.”

 

The both of you slowly make your way towards the front door and you ring the doorbell, clutching her hand firmly.

 

Your mother soon appears, smiling widely at the sight of you, “Yonghyo-yah… it’s been quite some time!” She then recognizes your girlfriend, “Ah… this must be Jessica. Why did you wait so long to bring such a lovely girl home, Yonghyo?”

 

“Aish, umma…”

 

Jessica giggles and bows, “Annyeonghaseyo, eomeonim.”

 

Your mother nods in a satisfied manner, “Come in, come in. We prepared lots of dishes today.”

 

Each of you soon occupies a seat at the dining table, Jessica beside you, and your parents across you.

 

Jessic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter