1

Black Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I watched as the black boxes were lowered into the frozen ground.  I tore my gaze from the slowly sinking crates; I looked around me at the group of people all dressed in black.  The snow being sheltered from us by the black umbrellas that were being held above our heads.

  Tears glistened down the faces of the elderly that surrounding me as they took turns dropping flowers down the holes with the long boxes that held the cold dead bodies of my parents. 

  But not a single tear ever filled my eyes, let alone fell from them.  I really have no feeling towards the death of my parents.  They were hardly ever around since I was a child, so there wasn’t much to miss.  Everything they had belonged to me and until I was of age my aunt would run the company they owned.  As soon as my eighteenth birthday rolled around I would have full control.

  Not that I really want it, but there isn’t much of a choice.  This was my fate since I was a child and just because my parents died, doesn’t mean I get out of this.  My family won’t let me escape my duty as the heir of this company, the heir of this family.

  I smirked as I looked back at the uncovered graves.  They have no idea who I am, and none of them care.  My parents didn’t care what I did or who I was.  They knew nothing about me so why would I mourn the loss of people that didn’t care.

  Spinning around I left the depressing scene, the man holding my umbrella followed me as he blocked the falling snow from landing on my clothing as I made my way to my car.  After opening my door for me he slid into the drivers seat.

  “Take me back to the house.”  I said as I sat back dusting off the few snowflakes that landed on my black coat.

  “Yes Sir.”  Came the quite rely of my personal butler Jin.  He was in his late twenties and has been caring for me since I was a child, five years of age to be exact.  My parents hired him when he was seventeen and he has been my sole caregiver and friend for eleven years.

  “Should I have someone send flowers for you?”  He asked me as he looked at me through the rearview mirror.

  “Don’t bother, we’ll send them off properly once their graves are filled in.”  I replied with a sigh.  “I just want to go home and figure out what to do now that I have freedom.”

  Jin sighed, “Jungkook, I have an obligation to advise you away from anything harmful or dangerous.”

  I let a soft rare smile grace my lips.  “Thank you for the wonderful advice Jin, but I know that you aren’t going to stop me from doing anything.”

  “Point well taken, but I still have to say it.”  He chuckled.

  Jin was like my older brother that would never leave me.  He was the brother that cared for me and shaped me into the guy I am today.  He is the one who made me what I am, what he shows the world is a mask that I love to watch crack when we are alone.

  It didn’t take long for us to pull up in front of the tall iron gates that enclosed my home.  The place I grew up in; the place void of my family; the place that belonged to me now.  Four stories of old Victorian era design that became my playground.  A place that always seemed a little livelier with the staff working and living within its walls with me.

  I was never alone, but I always felt lonely.  All my life I have lived trapped within the walls surrounding this property, I don’t get to go out to school, or play with other children.  No, I have to live a life away from the world because that is what my parents decided.  But I will no longer live like that.

  Jin opened my door and helped me out of the sleek black car.  Smiling softly he followed behind me as I made my way up the front steps and into the large, luxurious house.

  Small bows came my way from the staff that saw me as I walked through the halls to my study.  Sitting in my black leather chair I sighed as I looked up at the high domed ceiling.  Papers were strewn about the desk in an unorganized manner that I would have to go through by the end of the day.  Files for the company and papers left to me by my parents.

  “Should I arrange a time for you to visit your parents tomorrow?”  Jin asked my once he closed the heavy oak doors.

  “Can you take me at twilight?  Not long before the sun sets would be preferred.”  I replied as I flopped forward to rest my head on the papers in front of me.

  “Of course.  I’ll have everything ready to go for when you wish to leave.”

  “Thank you.” 

  I didn’t have to look up to know that Jin had left, the faint clicking of the door and the soft footsteps receding where enough of an indicator.  Sighing inwardly I started sorting through the pile of papers littered around my desk.  I read through each paper before filing it with the ones it went with and signing the ones I needed to.

  I never let my parents’ funeral run through my head or get into my thoughts.  While it is tragic that that died from an accident overseas, I couldn’t bring myself to care today.  Tomorrow when I pay my respects my own way without the prying eyes of my family I will let myself think about the whole incident.  But that was still unlikely.

  Jin would have everything ready for when I visit them so until then I didn’t have to worry about it.  Until tomorrow night I have the time to deal with what my plans are going to be now that I’m not under my parents’ rules.  My guardian now that I have no parents is the butler that has been working in this house for my parents since before I was born.

  They needed someone to care for me and stay in this house and he was the best option.  He may now be my legal guardian but he has no control over me, or anything that belongs to my family.  He’s just the one listed as legally responsible for me while my parents are away or in this case dead.  He works for me and is now also being paid to act as my guardian until I am of age and don’t need those services from him any longer.

  Clucking my tongue I looked around at my now orderly desk.  Everything was in the correct place and organized so I could easily find anything I might need to retrieve.  Only two pieces of paper lay in front of me now, one thing I would have to deal with today and tomorrow so things would be arranged for next week.  Things are going to change now that I can do as I please.

  For years I have never left this property unless I had a reason to.  Schooling was all conducted within the confines of this house, and that, was the first thing I was going to change.  I no longer want to have the private tutors and instructors come here and teach me, I want to live a seemingly normal life away from the family company.

  I will still have to do things as the heir but I will not keep myself confined here to do that.  I do not want to spend my days stuck with my instructors teaching me things that I already have a decent grasp on.

  I don’t want people to see me as Jeon Jungkook heir of Jeon Corporation; I just want to be known as Jungkook, a normal guy with no real title.  I want a normal life for as long as I can before I have to take over the company and forget about this dream of a normal life altogether.

  I need an education still, a proper one, but I don’t want to be shuffled between those strict teachers that don’t understand me.  I don’t want to live my life during the day around those that don’t know me, who don’t understand who I really am.

  And it just so happens I know the perfect person to replace every single one of my instructors.  Kim Seokjin aka Jin, the closest person too me in my life and, luckily, the one person I know to have gone through school to be a teacher at my parents insist. 

  Top of his class grades in all areas of high school studies, and with many job offers that he had to reject even before graduating.  He is going to replace all of my instructors.

  Using the time I have until I will retire for the night I filled out the two forms that would get rid of my pesky instructors for good.  This is my house now and things are done my way. Handing the papers to the first person I saw when I left my study I gave them instructions on what to do with them.  I retired to my room for the night shortly after.

*~*

  It was late in the afternoon as I was finishing getting ready to send my parents off properly.  The funeral the day prior to me was useless; there was no point behind it.  For me, that was just to appease my family, but I would do my own farewell for them.

  Jin and I would do a proper send off for my parents.  One that didn’t involve prayer and mourning.  A rite shrouded in darkness and light.  One that would be truly blessed by the gods.

  “Sir, the car is ready.”  Jin said as he came into my room, the door shutting behind him.

  I looked over my shoulder at him.  He was leaning against the closed oak door with a small smile dancing on his lips, his eyes watching me closely.  I pulled the black button up dress shirt off the post beside me and shrugged it on.  My eyes dancing with mischief.

  “Like what you see Jin?”  I asked as I turned around before slowly buttoning every button.

  “Always have.”  He replied.

  Jin was a mystery to me.  When I thought I knew him he would reveal something new.  All my life I’ve been around him and I can’t wait to continue to learn something new about the older boy before me.

  I pulled a long black coat on.  “Every time we do this I feel like I’m getting closer to the real you.  Like I’m searching through a dark forest for the mysteries you hide deep within.”

  Jin came up and stood in front of me, his hands going to my shoulders, “Keep searching and you will get trapped within this forest of mine.”

  I smirked, “I wouldn’t mind that at all.”

  He sighed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter