4 | FOUR

Married To My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Four

 

Kris

I scrolled through the list of departments in the company and stopped when my eyes spotted the word 'Finance Department'. As the CEO of Wu Enterprise, I had unlimited excess to the list of employees in this building and it didn't take much for me to find what I was looking for. "Song Haru..." I read. "Associate Head of Finance Department. First got into Wu Enterprise two and a half years ago as a financial officer, promoted to current position to replace former associate, Mr. Jung Sung Hwa. Valedictorian of year 2009, degree in accounting and finance from Swinburne Univeristy of Technology, Melbourne. Guardians: Song Im Hwan and Kim Hanna."

Hmm... not bad. I stared at her photo once more and leaned back in my leather chair. Too bad. She's beautiful and all, but do I seriously want to be committed? I can't even do normal relationships, whatmore marriage. I sighed and massaged my temple. This whole wedding ordeal is beginning to mess with my head. I'm losing focus and I didn't like it one bit. 

Knock. Knock.

Groan. "Come in," I said without bothering to lift my head. I heard the door open and closes before the sound of a man's footsteps approaching my table registered in my brain. Still, I kept my head down and rubbed my temple with my eyes still closed. "Kris." I sighed. "What is it, Luhan?" "I want to talk to you about something." he said.

I finally lifted my head and noticed him standing right in front of my desk with a serious look on his face. "What is it about?" He sighed and took a seat, crossing his legs and leaning in the chair. "Your marriage." I raised my brow at this. "What about it?"

"Kris, I know you're getting married to Haru." he said and I scoffed. Chen. "So? Is there a problem?" "Are you really going to go through with this wedding? Are you really going to follow the former CEO's words and marry her?" he asked, causing me to frown. "Luhan, what is your relationship with Song Haru?"

"She's my close friend and not to mention, my second hand in command." Luhan replied without waiting for a second to pass. "I just want to know if you're planning to take good care of her. I know you, Kris. You don't do relationships. You don't fall in love. You treat women like they're walking toys."

"Watch it, Luhan." I warned him but he ignored me. "You and I both know that is the truth. You don't care about women. You never did ever since-"

"Don't." I growled. I knew what he was going to say. "You don't have the right to bring that up, Luhan." He sighed at this. "I know. I'm sorry." he said and I knew he was genuine about it. "I'm just worried about Haru, okay? She's a good friend and I don't want her to go through something she doesn't deserve. If you can't treat her well, drop the whole deal. Okay?"

Sigh. "Luhan, I don't plan on marrying Song Haru or anybody else for a matter of fact. Like you said, I use women for fun. As disgusting as it is, it's the truth. I won't deny that. I don't do relationships, and the hell with marriage. Your friend is safe." I told him and scoffed when I saw him relax. "By the way, you make me sound like ."

"You are , Kris." he scoffed and I growled lowly in my throat. "Calm down, wolfie." Wolfie? The hell? Sigh. "Luhan, do me a favor." The male raised a brow at this. "Get your associate here in my office. Now."

 

 

Haru

"....aru? Haru!" I broke out of my thoughts and turned to see a frowning Kyungsoo and Kai standing by the door of my office. I cursed inwardly and flashed them an apologetic smile. "Are you okay?" Kai asked as he stepped inside with Kyungsoo in tow.

"Uhm, yeah. I'm fine." I lied. "Sorry. Is there anything I can do for you gentlemen?" I asked and they furrowed their brows at me. I watched as they exchanged glances and sighed. "I'm fine guys. Really. I'm just... tired."

"You've been working too hard," Kyungsoo said as he rounded my desk to stand on my left. "Take a day off, huh? You look like you really need some sleep." I chuckled. "I'm fine. I'll be fine. I can't take a day off, Kyungsoo. I still have so many accounts to deal with here." I said as I gestured towards the pile of folders on my desk. "See?"

Kai sighed. I didn't realise that he had taken a seat on the visitor's table at my table. "You sure?" he asked and I nodded, touched. I wasn't close with Kai like how I was with Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Luhan, but he never made me feel awkward around him. He can be naughty at times, but I'm glad he doesn't try hitting on me like how he does to the rest of the female emp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter