23 | TWENTY THREE

Married To My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Twenty Three

 

"So, how's life as Mrs. Wu Haru?" Liyin asked as she passes a mug of steaming hot chocolate to Haru before taking a seat right across from her. Haru thanked her and took a small, cautious sip of the hot beverage before placing it on the table. "It's interesting, to say the least." she responded and the elder chuckled at this. "What do you mean by that? Has Kris been difficult to handle?" Haru took a moment to find the right word to describe her husband and ended up with "Confusion. He's so confusing."

"Do elaborate on that." Haru looked around the living room of the Wu's mansion, making sure Kris wasn't around before turning back to his cousin. "Well, at times he's okay. He treats me nicely and he's more open towards me. It scared me at first since he drastically changed all of a sudden, but Luhan told me to just go with the flow and that it's a good thing." Liyin chuckled with a nod. "He's right. He's turning back to whom he was before. The sweet, thoughtful and weird Kris." she laughed at the end while Haru smiled fondly. "It's really nice, you know, when he's like that. I can't help but find him attractive because of it. But other times, he can be such a meanie." Haru whined with a pout.

Just the other day Kris had raised his voice at her just because she forgot to knock on the door of his home office, causing her to feel upset and she silently sulked the whole night. But then, Kris had apologized to her before going to bed and held her close to his chest as they slept. Liyin laughed when she heard about it and Haru gave her a short glare before taking a sip of her drink, hissing when she felt the water burning her tongue.

"Take it slow," came a voice and they both turned to see Kris approaching them. Behind him, Sonya and Grandpa Wu walked in with smiles on their faces. It's been a week since they've gotten back from their honeymoon, but only now they managed to catch up with them since Sonya and Granpa Wu had just returned from Vancouver. Kris took a seat next to Haru and shook his head as she bit the tip of her tongue where it hurts. "You're so clumsy," he muttured and Haru frowned at him. "No I'm not. It was just an accident," she denied, causing Kris to roll his eyes.

"You must've been talking behind my back, huh?" Kris guessed with a smirk and she looked away guiltily. Liyin laughed at her from the sides and ignored the glares thrown to her. "This is what you get for bad mouthing your husband, Haru." Kris teased. "I wasn't talking bad about you," she denied. "We were just talking about things in general." "Very general," Liyin added with a grin, making Haru widened her eyes in warning but the elder ignored it.

"Are you guys staying for dinner?" Grandpa Wu asked, his voice hoarse due to his old age. "We can't, grandpa. I have a dinner meeting with JYP at eight thirty." Kris replied, moving his gaze away from his wife to his grandfather. The old man seemed disappointed upon hearing his answer and Haru felt guilty so she tugged onto her husband's sleeve, causing him to turn to her. "I can stay for dinner, right? Besides, it's better than staying at the condo alone when you're out." she reasoned with him. 

Kris sighed and nodded. "Fine, I'll pick you up once I'm done." he told her, earning smiles from Haru, Grandpa Wu and Sonya. Realising that it was almost eight, Kris sighed and got up. "Might as well get moving. I'm going to head to the condo to change first before going over." Haru nodded and stood up as well, wanting to walk her husband out the door to his car. Kris hugged and kissed his mother goodbye before allowing himself be pulled in a tight embrace by his grandfather. Liyin gave him a brief hug from the side before Kris walked away with Haru's hand in his.

"You sure you'll be fine here?" Kris asked as they made their way to his car. He had recently changed his car to a red Range Rover Evoque and Haru ceased the chance to use his white BMW instead. Kris had wanted to buy her a new car but she didn't want him to waste money on another vehicle when she could've just drive his previous one. Haru nodded assuringly and Kris turned to her the moment they reached the four wheel drive. "I'll be back soon," he told her and she nodded with a small smile. Her eyes closes when he dips down to peck her lips but she placed a hand at the back of his neck to keep him in position just so she could kiss him longer.

Kris inwardly smiled as they pulled away. He loved it whenever she holds him in place just to kiss him like that. Haru stepped back as Kris got behind the wheel and waved at him as he drove out of the driveway. She smiled sheepishly to herself before turning away to get back inside the house. Suddenly, she stopped in her tracks when she felt a sharp stab in her abdomen and her body slightly bent forward as she held the pain in. The pain disappeared a while later and she stood back up with difficulty before walking back into the mansion.

 

 

Back in the house, Grandpa Wu had retreated to his room in order to rest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter