12 | TWELVE

Married To My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Twelve

 

"Do you really think he meant it?"

Xiumin understood his question immediately and he took a glance at his friend before sighing. "I dunno, Han. I seriously don't." He heaved another breath before saying, "It's a good thing though. I mean, it's a start." "Of what?" Luhan snapped, turning to glance at his best friend before focusing on the road again. "Of what, Umin? Messing with her life? Is that it?" Xiumin frowned at his friend upon hearing his words. "Don't say that, Han. He's our friend."

"That's the thing, isn't it?" the Chinese male exclaimed, throwing his friend occasional glances as they drove behind Chanyeol's car, heading towards one of the best sushi restaurant in town. "He's our friend. I know him well, Umin. We all do. He doesn't get serious with girls. He ruins them and live on their misery." "Okay, that was an exaggeration." Xiumin deadpanned and Luhan smirked. "Sorry, Maleficient's rubbing off me." he managed to joke before sighing and turned serious. "I dunno, man. I don't like where this is going."

"You know it's not our place to interfere with their lives, right?" Xiumin reminded him and Luhan groaned inwardly.

 

"I'm going to have lunch with my fiancé," Kris announced. All heads turned at the mention and Luhan felt his body freeze on his seat. Xiumin noticed and gave his thigh a soft pat, and he glanced at the man before giving a curt and thankful nod. "You're being serious about this marriage?" Kyungsoo asked sceptically, eyeing his friend with his big eyes. "Why wouldn't I be?" Kris replied. "Because you didn't want to get married at first?" Baekhyun offered an answer.

"True. But I might change my mind about that." "What do you mean?" Chen asked, eyebrow raised in pure confusion. "I have the right to enjoy it while it lasts, don't you think?" Kris smirked. "What are you planning?" Luhan finds himself asking through gritted teeth. Xiumin gave his knee a squeeze and he exhaled his breath, eyes still on the young CEO. "What makes you think I'm planning anything, Luhan?" Kris asked; his tone mysterious.

"Kris..." Suho called and the male turned to him. "Look, Haru is a nice girl. Just... don't do anything stupid, okay?" he asked softly. Luhan felt his fists clenching on his lap as he waited for Kris to speak. "I won't. I'll take good care of her," the CEO replied softly, causing all his friends to stare at him in wonder. Kris's eyes met Luhan's and he spoke again. "I'll take good care of my wife." he stated before finally walking out of the meeting room.

Luhan could only blink as his words hit him.

 

Ever since the meeting ended an hour ago, Luhan could not stop thinking about what Kris had said. He wondered if the man really meant what he said, and if he does, what made him change his mind? Has Kris fallen for Song Haru? Why does it bother him? Shouldn't he be happy that Kris is actually giving him his words to take care of her? 

"Luhan!" the Chinese male snapped out of his thoughts at Xiumin's shout and managed to step onto the brakes. Chanyeol's car had slowed down to stop at the traffic light but Luhan's was still going fast. Luckily, Luhan managed to press the brake and the car jolted to a stop behind Chanyeol's Aston Martin. Xiumin struggled to snap out of his surprise before turning to Luhan, finding his doe eyes wide but his mind seems to be elsewhere. 

Suddenly, his phone rang and he answered it, eyes still on his best friend. "Hello?" "Are you guys alright?" Suho's worried voice came from the other line. He was in the car behind them along with Tao and Sehun. Xiumin glanced at the side mirror and saw Tao sitting at the passenger seat, eyeing their car. He turned his head to the right and saw Chen and Lay in the latter's car, looking extremely worried. He could only guess how Chanyeol had reacted when he saw their car coming in fast. He took a glance at Luhan and sighed. "Yeah, we're fine." he replied and quickly hung up.

The lights turned green and the cars began to move again. However, Luhan didn't pick up speed and slowly made a stop at the roadside. Both of the men unbuckled themselves before exiting the car, ignoring the other three cars who had stopped along with them before climbing in again; this time Luhan at the passenger seat and Xiumin behind the wheel. No words were spoken as Xiumin changed the gear and drove off.

 

 

Haru

His words had definitely caught me by surprise that I wasn't able to say anything after that. Even when we were already seated in this sushi restaurant, I was still trying to process his words inside my head. Kris Wu really knows how to mess with one's mind. Like the previous times, I let him order food for the both of us and simply sat there, fiddling with the strap of my handbag instead of looking at him. When I heard him clear his throat, my heart stopped for a second and I dared lift my head to meet his gaze. He was looking at me with an unreadable expression on his face, and I looked away again when I felt my chest tightened.

"You can't keep your secrets to yourself for too long, Haru." I heard him say. I sighed. "It's fine." I said, hoping my voice wasn't shaking too much. "Just drop it." "I can't." he said and I looked up, irritated by his stubbornness. "Why do you need to know?" I asked. "Because-" his words got cut off when a waiter came with our first dish and he resumed once he left. "Our marriage might be temporary, and I might not have agreed to this whole thing at first; but once we do get married, I'll be your legal husband and it'll be my responsibility to take care of you. And judging from the way you've been around your mother, I need to know what to expect in the future."

"My mother is not a threat, if that's what you're thinking." I told him, feeling offended that he'd see my mother as one. "Not by the looks of it." he replied, reaching for the food on the table. I blinked at this. "W-What do you mean by that? Wha-" I pressed my lips into a thin line as th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter