10 | TEN

Married To My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Ten

 

"Are you okay?"

Luhan snapped out of his thoughts and looked up to see Haru standing in front of his table with a frown on her face. He flashed her a smile, albeit fakely, and nodded. "I'm fine." he told her. "Do you have anything for me?" Haru continued to stare at the moment like as if she was judging him before sighing. "Suho wants the analysis report we worked on," she told him. "You have it, right?" Luhan blinked before getting up and walking over to the many files stacked on the shelfs on his left. He scanned his eyes over them before taking out a black file, examining its content and passed it to his associate.

"Here. Don't forget to tell him what we discussed about. If anthing, call me and I'll be right up." he said as he sat back down. "Why don't you just come with me now?" she asked and Luhan sighed, "I need to finish these first." Haru glanced at the folders stacked on his desk and nodded in understanding. "Fine. But Luhan-" The male looked up and saw the concern in her eyes. "Are you sure you're okay? You've been acting weird for days now. Ever since that night at the hospital-"

"I'm fine. Tired maybe." he cuts her off with a tired smile, probably emphasizing his excuse. "Talking about hospital, how's the former Chairman? he asked, changing the subject. Haru pressed her lips into a thin line and nodded. "He's fine. He looks healthier now that he's discharged." "Have you been visiting him ever since he left the hospital?" She nodded. "Yeah. I've been going over a lot to see him and also to discuss about the wedding-"

Haru stops short before sighing. Luhan felt a tug in his heart when he heard the word wedding but he shook it off by clearing his throat. "How's the preparation coming?" he asked, managing a small smile despite the pain in his chest. "It's... okay, I guess. Our mothers are mostly doing the whole thing and I just throw in my ideas and agreement from time to time." she replied with a light shrug. "I don't know how to plan a wedding anyway, so I guess you could say that I'm leaving it all to the elders."

"And Kris?" Luhan find his mouth going dry just by mentioning his friend's name. He knew it was wrong since Kris was a close friend, but he was still feeling bitter of the fact that he's about to be married to Haru - he has yet to figure out why. "How much has he been contributing to this whole....preparation?" "He'd sometimes join us. Usually he would just sit, listen, nod or shakes his head at their suggestions; pretty much what I do." Haru chuckled. "But he's cooperating and that's good, right?" 

He heard the uncertainty in her tone and hesitantly nodded. It was quiet for a moment before Haru remembered that Suho was waiting for her and she groaned. "Idiot," she scolded herself and turned to Luhan. "Sorry, but Suho's waiting for me. I totally forgot." she said and quickly walked towards the door. "See ya, Luhan." she saidd and he hummed in reply.

Once she was gone, the man leaned back in his chair with a deep sigh. He tried to calm the weird feeling in his chest but failed so he got up and grabbed his phone off the table before walking out of his office. He informed his secretary of his absense before going one floor down and headed straight to an office. A secretary sitting outside the office he was headed to shot up from her seat and bowed when she spotted him but Luhan paid her no attention and walked into the office without bothering to knock. A man lifted his head upon hearing the door open and raised a brow at his sudden presence.

"Hey, got a minute?"

 

 

He frowned annoyingly and waited as the woman measured his body; going from his arms, legs, waist, chest and all that. He sighed before glancing at the female sitting on the couch with a magazine in her hand, and when she felt his gaze, she lifted her head and blinked at him. "Is everything alright?" she asked. "Other than the fact that I'm tired of standing like a doll, yeah everything's fine." he replied.

"Mr. Wu, do you mind lifting your right arm at shoulder length?" came the voice of the tailor and Kris sighed. "How much longer is this going to take?" he asked with a hint of annoyance in his tone. The woman visibly cringed before clearing . "W-We're almost done, sir." she told him and quickly took his measurements before scurrying off.

"You're scaring people off, idiot." Haru turned to see Liyin coming into the private space wearing a blue knee-length dress matched with a Gucci sunglass and handbag. She glanced down at the white blouse and blue slim-fit jeans she wore and felt small compared to the fashionable lady. Kris scoffed and fixed the collar of his shirt before throwing his cousin a glance. "Where's everyone else?" he asked.

"Our mothers will be here soon." she replied before turning to Haru. "Have you seen your wedding dress?" she asked and Haru timidly shook her head. Liyin giggled gleefully before pulling her up from the couch. "Then let's not waste time." she told her excitedly and pulled her out of the area before heading to where the wedding dresses are. Haru absentmindedly went over to the racks and took in the sight of all the beautiful white wedding dresses. She could feel her heart beating rapidly in her chest and she began to breathe nervously.

Liyin smiled when she spotted the look on her face and softly grabbed her shoulders. "You okay?" she asked and Haru nodded. "They're so beautiful," she told her and Liyin nodded in agreement. "True, but not as beautiful as the one that we've chosen for you." "Huh?" Liyin giggled and dragged her along into a huge changing room where some few female workers were gathered. "Aunt Sonya and I snuck out and went to search for the perfect wedding dress for you a week ago and we found a perfect one. We wanted to personally have one made for you, but Aunt Sonya recalled you saying something about not spending too much for the wedding."

Call her a cheapskate or whatever, but Haru hated wasting money. She didn't want the Wu's to spend too much for the wedding even though they're highly capable of doing so because she knew the whole marriage wouldn't last and it would only be a waste later on. Besides, she wanted the wedding to be as simple as possible even though it might be a bit difficult since she was about to get married to one of the most successful businessman in Asia, and the whole thing would definitely end up in the tabloid. Luckily, they understood and promised her that it would be a private ceremony instead.

But that didn't stop her future in-laws to spend on her wedding dress. When one of the workers took out the dress from the white garment dress, her eyes popped open so wide that it made Liyin and the other staff members giggle at her expression. "Well, what do you think?" Liyin asked in a sing-sang tone. Haru blinked and smile made its way to her face. "It's perfect."

 

 

Kris stared at the wedding invitation in his hand before letting out a sigh and dropping the card onto the table. He heard footsteps from behind him and turned to see Suho walking into the room. "You busy?" he asked and Kris shook his head. "Anything?" Suho shook his head and approached the CEO. "Nothing. Just thought I'd check up on you." he eyed the invitation card on the table and turned to Kris. "Already?" he asked. "That's just a sample I've approved." "You?" Kris raised an eyebrow at his friend. "Yeah, me. Why?" Suho smiled at this. "Nothing. Just thought that it'd be Haru's job instead of yours."

"She gets to choose the cake." he told him and Suho nodded. "Ahhh... the cake. I think that's what Tao's looking forward to other than the obvious." Kris, again, raised a brow. "What obvious?" he asked. "So you don't know that the guys had been throwing bets on who gets to be your best man?" he asked, slightly amused t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter